A Sample Of Ford Electric Truck Prices

I have a 1990 Ford F-150 XLT that loves to run so much, it will start all on its own whether you are in it or not if the battery is connected. I will let you have it for the bargain price of......well how much would it cost me to get you to tow it away?

I have a 1990 Ford F-150 XLT that loves to run so much, it will start all on its own whether you are in it or not if the battery is connected. I will let you have it for the bargain price of......well how much would it cost me to get you to tow it away?
Had a tank like that, scare the shit out of some young troops pulling guard duty on fully loaded tanks on a range, about 01:15, nobody in the tank, locked from the outside, master battery off. It just cranked up and headed down range.

Last edited:
It appears that one can now purchase an F-150 (ICE) for about $40 grand, and the Lightning (work truck, sort of) is at $56,000. Once you put air in the tires and equip it the way a person would want it for a household primary vehicle, you are into the 50's for an ICE and easily into the 60's for a lightning.

Frankly, I don't get it. My sense is that a lot of people buy pickups because (a) they want to be seen as someone who has a pickup truck, and (b) a couple times a year they can use it as a truck. But it makes no sense, logically or practically. Especially with those pathetic, nearly-worthless five-foot beds.

But they are selling them faster than they can pump them out...at least for the time being.

Had a tank like that, scare the shit out of some young troops pulling guard duty on fully loaded tanks on a range, about 01:15, nobody in the tankm locked from the outside, master battery off. It just cranked up and headed down range.

I've replaced everything I can replace at this point and am just done with it. The only thing I haven't tried is to pull the steering wheel and regrease it but I can't find anybody who will do that and I am not buying or renting a steering wheel puller. It could just simply be that their design of putting the starter right next to the exhaust line in the most pain in the ass spot they could have put it on the whole damn vehicle is the problem. I mean I could probably stuff two human bodies under that hood there is so much space and they had to put that bastard underneath just behind the front axles shoved up into a cavity right by the exhaust line in the center and give you about an inch or so on either side to work with.

I am kind of done with Ford anyway. When I heard how much it costs now to replace some of the parts that are going to need replacing a few times because of the way the engines are now designed I am done with them.

It appears that one can now purchase an F-150 (ICE) for about $40 grand, and the Lightning (work truck, sort of) is at $56,000. Once you put air in the tires and equip it the way a person would want it for a household primary vehicle, you are into the 50's for an ICE and easily into the 60's for a lightning.

Frankly, I don't get it. My sense is that a lot of people buy pickups because (a) they want to be seen as someone who has a pickup truck, and (b) a couple times a year they can use it as a truck. But it makes no sense, logically or practically. Especially with those pathetic, nearly-worthless five-foot beds.

But they are selling them faster than they can pump them out...at least for the time being.
who has a 5 ft bed??

I've replaced everything I can replace at this point and am just done with it. The only thing I haven't tried is to pull the steering wheel and regrease it but I can't find anybody who will do that and I am not buying or renting a steering wheel puller. It could just simply be that their design of putting the starter right next to the exhaust line in the most pain in the ass spot they could have put it on the whole damn vehicle is the problem. I mean I could probably stuff two human bodies under that hood there is so much space and they had to put that bastard underneath just behind the front axles shoved up into a cavity right by the exhaust line in the center and give you about an inch or so on either side to work with.

I am kind of done with Ford anyway. When I heard how much it costs now to replace some of the parts that are going to need replacing a few times because of the way the engines are now designed I am done with them.
We determined, though breaks supposedly locked, transmission slipped enough with tank on slight down hill, the compression fired, diesel twin risepack engine, turned over enough to crank, and it ran until fuel line empty and the fact that it changed direction we attribute to the contour of uneven terrain.

Your truck a diesel?

2022 Ford F-150 Lightning LARIAT

price $79000

Monthly payment- approx $1250

2023 Ford F-150 Lightning LARIAT For Sale in San Diego, CA - 1FT6W1EV5PWG04704 - TrueCar

PRICE $88,224

Monthly payment=approx $1500
You can $ave a lot of $$$$$ if you know WHERE to shop for a quality low hour used truckster! EXCELLENT gas mileage(34mpg), 3 speed manual tranny, sporty styling, strong heater, straight body & good glass all around. The bed has the 'classic' combo fold down rumble seat/corpse container & good rubber all around! This is the police interceptor model & has the high performance 22 hp engine for fast acceleration up to 35mph! Paint is near perfect as are the exterior decaling! A real bargain for only $2100.00(cash gets discount) plus sales tax!

Had a tank like that, scare the shit out of some young troops pulling guard duty on fully loaded tanks on a range, about 01:15, nobody in the tankm locked from the outside, master battery off. It just cranked up and headed down range.
Sounds Twilight Zone-ish to me!

We determined, though breaks supposedly locked, transmission slipped enough with tank on slight down hill, the compression fired, diesel twin risepack engine, turned over enough to crank, and it ran until fuel line empty and the fact that it changed direction we attribute to the contour of uneven terrain.

Your truck a diesel?

Nope. I didn't know one could roll start a diesel, let alone a tank. I worked somewhere years ago that was too cheap to buy a new starter for a gas-fueled tractor. There was a small hill right next to the shop that was the right height to roll start the tractor if you parked it in the exact right spot on the crest of the hill. If someone screwed that up, we would have to drag it with a chain back up the hill using another tractor and rinse and repeat. Had to do that all damn year until it finally got too cold to work at which point the cheap bastards paid for a new starter.

Sounds Twilight Zone-ish to me!
That's what those young men thought as it drove down the range and turned, stopping with the main gun pointing back up toward the tower where they were alternately sleeping and keeping watch, prompting calls back to base, to my orderly room, waking the Platoon Sergeant, 1st Sergeant, XO and myself.

Nope. I didn't know one could roll start a diesel, let alone a tank. I worked somewhere years ago that was too cheap to buy a new starter for a gas-fueled tractor. There was a small hill right next to the shop that was the right height to roll start the tractor if you parked it in the exact right spot on the crest of the hill. If someone screwed that up, we would have to drag it with a chain back up the hill using another tractor and rinse and repeat. Had to do that all damn year until it finally got too cold to work at which point the cheap bastards paid for a new starter.
I go back to the old Alice Chalmers A. It could be started with the starter, or hand cranked and ran on gasoline or after warmed to correct range (regulated manually by operating louvers on the radiator) could also run on kerosene.

Full-sized four-door trucks these days virtually all have a bed that is approximately 60 inches. Five feet. Nearly worthless.

Forum List

Back