A rush from Rush

Its a simple matter of supply and demand.

The demand for what these two are selling is shrinking.

You're so full of hate, driveby. :lol::lol:

Although, I will say, I worry seriously about a country where idiots like Limbaugh and Hannity are the top talk show hosts. Doesn't not speak well of the ability of Americans to think for themselves - left or right.

I never said they were not still at the top.

I said the veiwers are rushing away.

Why do you do that silly crap?

You're the silly bozo here, if what you say is true for the reasons you stipulate, then Air America surely must have been reborn with a 30% increase in listeners. I just won't hold my breath waiting for you to prove it.....

I am sad to report Air America will not be returning.

They felt stealing from orphans was more important then not paying Franken

This is a loss of support as far as the market is concerned huh?

Rush and Hannity are pushing away viewers with their partisanship and failed ideas.

You can pretend all you want, every logical person knows what it means.

You can bet their sponsers are not as deluded as you seem to be.

I honestly don't give a shit whether their ratings tank or not. I do care that you lie about the reasons for it. Just admit that your opinion is not based on factual evidence.

How is drawing a perfectly logical conclusion that the words of these two is driving away veiwers a problem in your mind?.

They speak and people listen or not.

The trend is that they are not gaining more viewers but bleeding veiwership.

That menas what they are offering is appealing to fewer veiwers.

That means what they say is appealing to fewer and fewer veiwers.

Its not rocket sceince.

Oh yeah you guys dont like sceince.

The problem, sweetie, is that it is neither 'perfect' or 'logical' to draw a conclusion based solely on a drop in viewers. Any academically qualified individual - regardless of political views - would tell you the same thing. There is not enough evidence to draw a conclusion.

I like science. Which is why I keep on asking you for scientifically valid evidence of your conclusion.

You are not being rational. You are being emotional. That's fine.... many people choose emotion over logic. I choose logic over emotion... which is why you find me very difficult to engage with. Emotional people always find logical people difficult to deal with... and the result of that is that you project emotions on to me that are your emotions. You hate me - therefore I must hate you. But that is not true, it is not logical to hate someone.

Specifically which sponsors have dropped out from advertising on these two programs and was it the sponsors that ended the relationship or did the two programs find better sponsors and end them? Again, i won't hold my breath.......

This is a loss of support as far as the market is concerned huh?

Rush and Hannity are pushing away viewers with their partisanship and failed ideas.

You can pretend all you want, every logical person knows what it means.

You can bet their sponsers are not as deluded as you seem to be.

I honestly don't give a shit whether their ratings tank or not. I do care that you lie about the reasons for it. Just admit that your opinion is not based on factual evidence.

How is drawing a perfectly logical conclusion that the words of these two is driving away veiwers a problem in your mind?.

They speak and people listen or not.

The trend is that they are not gaining more viewers but bleeding veiwership.

That menas what they are offering is appealing to fewer veiwers.

That means what they say is appealing to fewer and fewer veiwers.

Its not rocket sceince.

Oh yeah you guys dont like sceince.

It's an incorrect conclusion because you purposefully ignore other contributing factors and jump to the one conclusion that is LEAST sustained by the ratings evidence gathered so far.

Come back in six months, February/March of '12 and then we can discuss whether or not their message has lost its appeal. Until then your conclusion isn't supported.

No wait, i've got it!

Obama has done such a great job with the economy in the last six months that the 30% of these listeners now have jobs and can't listen to these shows during the day.

Well done Mr. President! :thup:

P.S. TM is now extremely jealous she could not think of spinning it that way herself........

Last edited:

Or.... it is a cyclical drop - being summer, with people being away on vacation, it being too far from the next election for real interest. Ratings fluctuate, and every time they do, idiots jump to conclusions as to why.

Let me know when the drop has been consistent, month on month, over another six months. Then there is something on which to hang your hat. Until then, all there is is enough rope to hang the stupid - and that, sweetie, is you.

You have hung yourself with your own rope.... I call it mental suicide.

No wait, i've got it!

Obama has done such a great job with the economy in the last six months that the 30% of these listeners now have jobs and can't listen to these shows during the day.

Well done Mr. President! :thup:

P.S. TM is now extremely jealous she could not think of spinning it that way herself........

LOL, That MUST be it..:lol:

Oh OK then show us the year over year numbers to prove its just a seanonal thing

hole smokes, because she DOESN'T get her panties in a bunch over some radio shows ratings dropping and they don't SEE it the way your simple mind does.

come on TM, it's just a SIMPLE drop in his ratings, IT MEANS nothing except, THAT.

Anyone with an IQ over 20 knows that it would require some kind of academically legitimate research to establish a 'reason' for a decline in Rush's listenership. I personally couldn't give a rats ass what his ratings are. I don't have an opinion one way or the other. I don't listen to Rush. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

utter pockycock.

Lets remember youhate all that liberal intellectual stuff.

Yet you claim to be a scholor of some type.

You are so mixed up inside you spill over daily with this sad silliness that I merely pity while you dig your heals in to try and make me hate you.

Some woman did a real number on your head

You use the term "pockycock" and make 2 other typos and still use the words "liberal intellectual" as though you might actually possess an intellect. I have to hand it to you, TDM, you ARE entertaining.

Nope you are the one who made the claim it is seasonal

Holy crap, you are a dumb fuck, truth. Seriously.

I gave several examples of why ratings drop. I did not claim they were reasons - just examples of why ratings fluctuate.

This is exactly why I never bother trying a rational discussion with you.... you are too fucking stupid for a rational discussion.

yeah ratings mean nothing

what is it about certain people you refuse to talk rationally to.

Have you ever stopped long enough to think about how you respond to people instead of the issue?

Show me where even one liberal talk radio host has gained 30% and you may have an argument.

Your not winning the countrywide debate.

Your historically failed ideas are being tossed by more and more Americans.

Until you can show me a liberal radio host who's ratings have gone up 30% in the last 6 months. you can not support that claim and you know it, you disingenuous idiot.

Give truthdon'tmatter a few minutes to google 'disingenuous'. :lol:

This place needs a twiddling thumbs emoticon.

Or.... it is a cyclical drop - being summer, with people being away on vacation, it being too far from the next election for real interest. Ratings fluctuate, and every time they do, idiots jump to conclusions as to why.

Let me know when the drop has been consistent, month on month, over another six months. Then there is something on which to hang your hat. Until then, all there is is enough rope to hang the stupid - and that, sweetie, is you.

Its your MAYBE not mine

Its your MAYBE not mine

I suggest you read up on basic information about ratings before you make yourself look any more ridiculous. I didn't just make those 'reasons' up, sweetie. Which is more than you can say about your conclusions.

The only ones looking rediculous are the people trying to claim this is not supply and demand plain and simple.

Forum List

Back