Zone1 A rule suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then why should n be prohibited but not c? Are we more concerned with protecting the feelings of blacks than women?
When any posters lowers their level to that kind of constant talk I put them on ignore.

That is all we need to do. The choice to put them on ignore is there.

Some people do not offer discussion but only foul language.

Ignore.

But why should n be prohibited but not c?

Personally, I don't think either of them should be banned, but that's not my call. They are not words I use, online nor IRL... well, I have been known to utter the "C" word a time or two, but only in extreme circumstances, only when truly deserved, and I did not apply gender limits in its use...

Don't get me wrong, I understand your pov, it's just that free speech is one of my favorite constitutional rights and the only limits I find acceptable are the ones that prevent causing a panic and directly inciting violence... and the incitement one is probably open to interpretation by some folks.

Personally, I don't think either of them should be banned, but that's not my call. They are not words I use, online nor IRL... well, I have been known to utter the "C" word a time or two, but only in extreme circumstances, only when truly deserved, and I did not apply gender limits in its use...

Don't get me wrong, I understand your pov, it's just that free speech is one of my favorite constitutional rights and the only limits I find acceptable are the ones that prevent causing a panic and directly inciting violence... and the incitement one is probably open to interpretation by some folks.
But then we have to apply the concept of free speech across the board. From what I understand, the word “groomer” is not allowed. When then the c-word? That is far more offensive.

Someone did - to me. When I objected, he said I deserved it.

My “crime” was not agreeing with his leftist viewpoint. They get really nasty when you don’t submit.
You did. If that word should not be used, it should be added to the list of banned words and it will be "****" out.
I can easily find a much more derogatory word to use if that one is troubling to you.

True. Someone would be a real dick if he used a word like that to describe a woman.

But I have no problem using the word on some males, when appropriate. Because it fits them perfectly.
Guilty as charged, and it was well deserved.
If she is upset about that one, I have a long list much more offensive word used in other languages.

But then we have to apply the concept of free speech across the board. From what I understand, the word “groomer” is not allowed. When then the c-word? That is far more offensive.
The word groomer is not allowed but advocating the process it describes sure is.

It all depends upon who is doing it, though. I was called a pedophile not just once in a thread by a certain poster, but twice. It remained for many hours despite mods seeing in, and when it was finally dealt with, I was thread banned for protesting.

The "c" word is not allowed here. If someone uses a work-around, my understanding is that's not allowed either. If you are indeed offended, report it. I am certain there will be a warning issued.

The word groomer is not allowed but advocating the process it describes sure is.

It all depends upon who is doing it, though. I was called a pedophile not just once in a thread by a certain poster, but twice. It remained for many hours despite mods seeing in, and when it was finally dealt with, I was thread banned for protesting.
Thread banning for reporting bad behavior by a leftist is a form of silencing. They’ve turned it into an art form.

The "c" word is not allowed here. If someone uses a work-around, my understanding is that's not allowed either. If you are indeed offended, report it. I am certain there will be a warning issued.
I did, and I hope it was.

some of the previous mods would delete or edit the post with a variation of that word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back