A Restless President Weary Of The Obligations Of The White House

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Poor Obama.. I feel for the guy. He is being beat down to the extent he looks like one of the Quarry brothers on the ropes with Ali. :badgrin:

What a failure who should be removed

-Geaux
======================================================

What’s so amusing about this week’s article from the New York Times titled, At Dinner Tables, Restless President Finds Intellectual Escape, is that the author appears to be quite sympathetic to Obama. She seems to want to portray the President as a real statesman; one who is so far above politics and the pedestrian task of being Commander in Chief that he finds it necessary to flee his responsibilities in order to find intellectual escape while dining extravagantly with “elites” in Europe. In contrast, he merely comes across as the arrogant, disconnected, oligarch coddler he is.

The article also seems to say something important about the New York Times’ own disconnectedness, particularly considering the paper’s Pentagon correspondent recently referred to the American public as children, with the government and mainstream media playing the role of parents.

While none of the statements within this article are quotes from Obama, you have to wonder if he is voicing these sentiments to the people who surround around him “off the record.” If so, it appears he is indeed what many have suspected. A community organizer desperately leveraging the Presidency in order to reach that final rung on the ladder to oligarchy.

"A Restless President Weary Of The Obligations Of The White House..." | Zero Hedge

Last edited:
Hey go, you find that information about Obama working directly with the central American drug cartels? You know, when Muddy said he was and you agreed. I want to read it.

Poor Obama.. I feel for the guy. He is being beat down to the extent he looks like one of the Quarry brothers on the ropes with Ali. :badgrin:

What a failure who should be removed

-Geaux
======================================================

What’s so amusing about this week’s article from the New York Times titled, At Dinner Tables, Restless President Finds Intellectual Escape, is that the author appears to be quite sympathetic to Obama. She seems to want to portray the President as a real statesman; one who is so far above politics and the pedestrian task of being Commander in Chief that he finds it necessary to flee his responsibilities in order to find intellectual escape while dining extravagantly with “elites” in Europe. In contrast, he merely comes across as the arrogant, disconnected, oligarch coddler he is.

The article also seems to say something important about the New York Times’ own disconnectedness, particularly considering the paper’s Pentagon correspondent recently referred to the American public as children, with the government and mainstream media playing the role of parents.

While none of the statements within this article are quotes from Obama, you have to wonder if he is voicing these sentiments to the people who surround around him “off the record.” If so, it appears he is indeed what many have suspected. A community organizer desperately leveraging the Presidency in order to reach that final rung on the ladder to oligarchy.

"A Restless President Weary Of The Obligations Of The White House..." | Zero Hedge

i feel bad for you. so there ya go.

Hey go, you find that information about Obama working directly with the central American drug cartels? You know, when Muddy said he was and you agreed. I want to read it.

lol.. Your right, Obama did say his Presidency would be cough, cough... drum roll please........

'Transparent':lol:

FOIA should do it

-Geaux

lol.. Your right, Obama did say his Presidency would be cough, cough... drum roll please........

FOIA should do it

-Geaux

Soooooooooo you were just running your mouth about Obama and the drug cartels.........because it makes you feel good. Got it.

FOIA should do it

-Geaux

Soooooooooo you were just running your mouth about Obama and the drug cartels.........because it makes you feel good. Got it.

Yea, Fast and Furious was only a movie.. Obama owns it.. With Holder... We know, the left deflects. Normal kind of stuff...

For once, your perception in part, is spot on. Yes, it does make me feel good to throw Obama under the bus at every opportunity. See, that's the difference between me, and even other conservatives who don't like the path that Obama has graded. I'm pissed and will communicate such.

The image of America is the Eagle, not the mouse. The image America demonstrates from the Oval Office is expected to be one of peace through strength. Not war due to inaction.

But that's another discussion Zeke. Don't get me started hijacking my own thread. :lol:

-Geaux

FOIA should do it

-Geaux

Yea, Fast and Furious was only a movie.. Obama owns it.. With Holder... We know, the left deflects. Normal kind of stuff...

For once, your perception in part, is spot on. Yes, it does make me feel good to throw Obama under the bus at every opportunity. See, that's the difference between me, and even other conservatives who don't like the path that Obama has graded. I'm pissed and will communicate such.

The image of America is the Eagle, not the mouse. The image America demonstrates from the Oval Office is expected to be one of peace through strength. Not war due to inaction.

But that's another discussion Zeke. Don't get me started hijacking my own thread. :lol:

-Geaux

Throw Obama under the bus eh? You go dude.

Lets see now. Obama somehow has made it to the POTUS position.

And you on the other hand have made yourself a legend in your own mind posting on a message board. All to express your hatred of a President.

Why, I can just about see that the accomplishments are the very same. LMAO.

Maybe you should run for President? Ever think about doing that? Goforit dude. I bet you would get Muddys vote. Maybe a few more of the whacked out Repubs who lurk here.

Go FOR It.

Based on the respondants posts thus far I guess that deflection of the OP is the only appropriate reply.

It woul be nice to have a link to the actual article:

New York Times titled, At Dinner Tables, Restless President Finds Intellectual Escape.

Rather than a review of the article.

Based on the respondants posts thus far I guess that deflection of the OP is the only appropriate reply.

New York Times titled, At Dinner Tables, Restless President Finds Intellectual Escape.

Indeed- Here you go.

-Geaux

WASHINGTON — President Obama had just disembarked from Air Force One and was still on the tarmac in Rome when he turned to his host, John R. Phillips, the American ambassador to Italy, with an unexpected request: How about a dinner party tomorrow night?

Over the next 24 hours, the startled Mr. Phillips and his wife, the former Obama aide Linda Douglass, scrambled to gather some of Italy’s intellettuali.

Read the rest at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/15/us/restless-obama-finds-pleasure-at-dinner-tables.html?_r=0

Indeed- Here you go.

-Geaux

WASHINGTON — President Obama had just disembarked from Air Force One and was still on the tarmac in Rome when he turned to his host, John R. Phillips, the American ambassador to Italy, with an unexpected request: How about a dinner party tomorrow night?

Over the next 24 hours, the startled Mr. Phillips and his wife, the former Obama aide Linda Douglass, scrambled to gather some of Italy’s intellettuali.

Read the rest at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/15/us/restless-obama-finds-pleasure-at-dinner-tables.html?_r=0

Ok thanks. The Author is using a contrasting literary technique

Sometimes stretching into the small hours of the morning, the dinners reflect a restless president weary of the obligations of the White House and less concerned about the appearance of partying with the rich and celebrated. Freewheeling, with conversation touching on art, architecture and literature, the gatherings are a world away from the stilted meals Mr. Obama had last year with Senate Republican leaders at the Jefferson Hotel in Washington.

to conclude that this makes Obama an "arrogant, disconnected, oligarch coddler," seems a little silly.

Obama has many faults, but seeking intellectual discourse over a nice dinner isn't one of them.

Bobo's problem is from his first day in office he was struck with a severe case of 'buyer's remorse'.
He never dreamed the Blacks would be so dumb as to believe his line of BS. But they were and some still do. The one's with IQ's higher than a slice of Wonder bread know they fucked up. They would have got more out of a White woman President than a half Black narcissist.
Bobo is counting they days when he can whisper to himself "I AM FUCKING OUT OF HERE!" as he leaves the job he could never do.
A year after Bobo and Co. are gone 'MO' and the girls will be living in France and Bobo will be living above Boystown.

Bobo's problem is from his first day in office he was struck with a severe case of 'buyer's remorse'.
He never dreamed the Blacks would be so dumb as to believe his line of BS. But they were and some still do. The one's with IQ's higher than a slice of Wonder bread know they fucked up. They would have got more out of a White woman President than a half Black narcissist.
Bobo is counting they days when he can whisper to himself "I AM FUCKING OUT OF HERE!" as he leaves the job he could never do.
A year after Bobo and Co. are gone 'MO' and the girls will be living in France and Bobo will be living above Boystown.

I actually agree with most of this, but the article from the NYT is not really compelling evidence.

More telling is Obama's poor credentials to lead, contrasted with the high expectations for "Hope and Change" among his constituancy. If he did not know it before he was elected, he's certainly concluded by now that his is the role of an empty suit. Once he signed off Obama Care, his usefulness to the Democratic Party ended, and he's been adrift ever since, stumbling over his poor administrative skills with border security, internation affairs, veterans affairs, etc., etc.

Forum List

Back