A Psychologist Analyzes Donald Trump's Personality

I would think a better argument against this psychiatrist's evaluation would be some evidence that the "Dr" is actually a fraud. Supposing that all psychiatrists are frauds is just willful ignorance.

nope----somehow they really do like that "NARCISSIST" thing------it is so utterly
----nothing with nothing -----as a "diagnosis" ---
it really does seem to show up when they have
little else to say. I consider it weakness of the
DSM code----they cannot let a person go without a few code numbers from the MANUAL

I would think a better argument against this psychiatrist's evaluation would be some evidence that the "Dr" is actually a fraud. Supposing that all psychiatrists are frauds is just willful ignorance.

nope----somehow they really do like that "NARCISSIST" thing------it is so utterly
----nothing with nothing -----as a "diagnosis" ---
it really does seem to show up when they have
little else to say. I consider it weakness of the
DSM code----they cannot let a person go without a few code numbers from the MANUAL

A long read -- especially for Trump supporters -- but it is well written and very interesting.

Some notable sections:

Trump’s tendencies toward social ambition and aggressiveness were evident very early in his life, as we will see later. (By his own account, he once punched his second-grade music teacher, giving him a black eye.) According to Barbara Res, who in the early 1980s served as vice president in charge of construction of Trump Tower in Manhattan, the emotional core around which Donald Trump’s personality constellates is anger: “As far as the anger is concerned, that’s real for sure. He’s not faking it,” she told The Daily Beast in February. “The fact that he gets mad, that’s his personality.” Indeed, anger may be the operative emotion behind Trump’s high extroversion as well as his low agreeableness. Anger can fuel malice, but it can also motivate social dominance, stoking a desire to win the adoration of others. Combined with a considerable gift for humor (which may also be aggressive), anger lies at the heart of Trump’s charisma. And anger permeates his political rhetoric.

During and after World War II, psychologists conceived of the authoritarian personality as a pattern of attitudes and values revolving around adherence to society’s traditional norms, submission to authorities who personify or reinforce those norms, and antipathy—to the point of hatred and aggression—toward those who either challenge in-group norms or lie outside their orbit. Among white Americans, high scores on measures of authoritarianism today tend to be associated with prejudice against a wide range of “out-groups,” including homosexuals, African Americans, immigrants, and Muslims. Authoritarianism is also associated with suspiciousness of the humanities and the arts, and with cognitive rigidity, militaristic sentiments, and Christian fundamentalism.

When individuals with authoritarian proclivities fear that their way of life is being threatened, they may turn to strong leaders who promise to keep them safe—leaders like Donald Trump. In a national poll conducted recently by the political scientist Matthew MacWilliams, high levels of authoritarianism emerged as the single strongest predictor of expressing political support for Donald Trump. Trump’s promise to build a wall on the Mexican border to keep illegal immigrants out and his railing against Muslims and other outsiders have presumably fed that dynamic.

For psychologists, it is almost impossible to talk about Donald Trump without using the word narcissism. Asked to sum up Trump’s personality for an article in Vanity Fair, Howard Gardner, a psychologist at Harvard, responded, “Remarkably narcissistic.” George Simon, a clinical psychologist who conducts seminars on manipulative behavior, says Trump is “so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example” of narcissism. “Otherwise I would have had to hire actors and write vignettes. He’s like a dream come true.”

The Narcissist

I have read the analysis summaries of HUNDREDS of patients seen either by a Psychiatrist or Psychologist--------they throw the
word NARCISSIST around like it is confetti at
a Fifth Avenue Parade. I am not impressed---it is VIRTUALLY MEANINGLESS.

At least those Psychiatrists and Psychologists came to their conclusion after seeing and talking to a patient. This dweeb has only seen Trump on TV.

psychologists are all psychopathic loons these days.

where the fuck is shitlery's psych evaluation?

PSYCHOPATH. shoot her dead.

My wife is a psychologists and in my unqualified opinion, she is certainly more mentally stable than you, Goose. Of course, your opinion is also highly unqualified and you know nothing about what you are posting versus my wife, who is much more knowledgeable about mental health than you . So why post such drivel?

where the fuck is shitlery's psych evaluation?

PSYCHOPATH. shoot her dead.

My wife is a psychologists and in my unqualified opinion, she is certainly more mentally stable than you, Goose. Of course, your opinion is also highly unqualified and you know nothing about what you are posting versus my wife, who is much more knowledgeable about mental health than you . So why post such drivel?
i say me and your wife should be put in the Thunderdome. It's the only way to solve this feud that your wife and I somehow got entangled in.

A long read -- especially for Trump supporters -- but it is well written and very interesting.

Some notable sections:

Trump’s tendencies toward social ambition and aggressiveness were evident very early in his life, as we will see later. (By his own account, he once punched his second-grade music teacher, giving him a black eye.) According to Barbara Res, who in the early 1980s served as vice president in charge of construction of Trump Tower in Manhattan, the emotional core around which Donald Trump’s personality constellates is anger: “As far as the anger is concerned, that’s real for sure. He’s not faking it,” she told The Daily Beast in February. “The fact that he gets mad, that’s his personality.” Indeed, anger may be the operative emotion behind Trump’s high extroversion as well as his low agreeableness. Anger can fuel malice, but it can also motivate social dominance, stoking a desire to win the adoration of others. Combined with a considerable gift for humor (which may also be aggressive), anger lies at the heart of Trump’s charisma. And anger permeates his political rhetoric.

During and after World War II, psychologists conceived of the authoritarian personality as a pattern of attitudes and values revolving around adherence to society’s traditional norms, submission to authorities who personify or reinforce those norms, and antipathy—to the point of hatred and aggression—toward those who either challenge in-group norms or lie outside their orbit. Among white Americans, high scores on measures of authoritarianism today tend to be associated with prejudice against a wide range of “out-groups,” including homosexuals, African Americans, immigrants, and Muslims. Authoritarianism is also associated with suspiciousness of the humanities and the arts, and with cognitive rigidity, militaristic sentiments, and Christian fundamentalism.

When individuals with authoritarian proclivities fear that their way of life is being threatened, they may turn to strong leaders who promise to keep them safe—leaders like Donald Trump. In a national poll conducted recently by the political scientist Matthew MacWilliams, high levels of authoritarianism emerged as the single strongest predictor of expressing political support for Donald Trump. Trump’s promise to build a wall on the Mexican border to keep illegal immigrants out and his railing against Muslims and other outsiders have presumably fed that dynamic.

For psychologists, it is almost impossible to talk about Donald Trump without using the word narcissism. Asked to sum up Trump’s personality for an article in Vanity Fair, Howard Gardner, a psychologist at Harvard, responded, “Remarkably narcissistic.” George Simon, a clinical psychologist who conducts seminars on manipulative behavior, says Trump is “so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example” of narcissism. “Otherwise I would have had to hire actors and write vignettes. He’s like a dream come true.”

The Narcissist

What's your point? Anyone who can't readily see for themselves that Trump is a raging bag of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is either uneducated, or a fucking idiot, or both.

41IU3akyUWL._SX300_.jpg

its not fraudulent to use the word NARCISSIST---it is an attribute of personality that just about all SUCCESSFUL people share-----it is not a DISORDER in itself until it takes on extreme
characteristics

Some notable sections:

The Narcissist

What's your point? Anyone who can't readily see for themselves that Trump is a raging bag of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is either uneducated, or a fucking idiot, or both.

try again NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER is not the same as---narcissistic features

I did not read further in the O.P than how, in the second grade, Trump gave a teacher a black eye.

That's what I want. I am for him.

Some notable sections:

The Narcissist

WTF do you mean, "what's my point?" This is a discussion forum. I thought the article was interesting, so I posted it. That was my "point."

Some notable sections:

The Narcissist

I knew this was utter bullshit the minute I read the title.

Some notable sections:

The Narcissist

WTF do you mean, "what's my point?" This is a discussion forum. I thought the article was interesting, so I posted it. That was my "point."

Cool. Let's now post an article that talks about water being wet.

Forum List

Back