A Peggy Lee Weekend Tribute: It's A Wonderful World

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
For Luddly Neddite

and in memory of Patty, the Torch Singer who passed away a year ago. I met her when I first moved into the Art Deco building I live in now. She was losing her voice then, but would surprise me with short sweet serenades. She was 'lovely'

It's a wonderful world
Things are swingin'
Alright, okay, you win
Ridin' high
It's been a long, long time
Lullaby in rhythm
Alone together
I'm beginning to see the light
It's a good, good night
You're getting to be a habit with me
You're mine, you
Life is for livin'

Peggy Lee - "Things Are Swingin'" Capitol L.P. T-1049 (1958)

• Banned

Peggy Lee - Rendezvous with Peggy Lee [Album]
00:00 - Why Don't You Do Right (Get Me Some Money Too)
02:21 - Them There Eyes
05:11 - 'Deed I Do
08:03 - I Don't Know Enough About You
10:59 - It's A Good Day
13:41 - Golden Earrings
16:30 - I Can't Give You Anything But Love
18:59 - Stormy Weather (Keeps Rainin' All The Time)
22:02 - Don't Smoke In Bed
25:04 - While We're Young
28:11 - Mañana
30:56 - Hold me

• Banned
Peggy Lee - "Dream Street" Jasmine L.P. JASM 1032 (1957)

Street of dreams
What's new ?
You're blasé
It's all right with me
My old flame
Dancing on the ceiling
It never entered my mind
Too late now
* I don't know enough about you
Something I dreamed last night
Last night when we were young
So blue

• Banned
High praise indeed

“Her wonderful talent should be studied by all vocalists; her regal presence is pure elegance and charm.”

– Frank Sinatra, 1994

-----------------

Peggy Lee (born Norma Deloris Egstrom; May 26, 1920 – January 21, 2002) was an American jazz and popular music singer, songwriter, composer and actress, in a career spanning six decades. From her beginning as a vocalist on local radio to singing with Benny Goodman's big band, she forged a sophisticated persona, evolving into a multi-faceted artist and performer. She wrote music for films, acted, and created conceptual record albums—encompassing poetry, jazz, chamber pop, and art songs.

• Banned
Early life
Lee was born as Norma Deloris Egstrom in Jamestown, North Dakota, the seventh of eight children of Marvin Olof Egstrom, a station agent for the Midland Continental Railroad, and his wife Selma Amelia (Anderson) Egstrom. She and her family were Lutherans.[1] Her father was Swedish American and her mother was Norwegian American.[2] Her mother died when Lee was just four years old.[3] Afterward, her father married Min Schaumber, who treated her with great cruelty while her alcoholic father did little to stop it.[4] Later, she developed her musical talent and took several part-time jobs so that she could be away from home.

Peggy Lee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“Her wonderful talent should be studied by all vocalists; her regal presence is pure elegance and charm.”

– Frank Sinatra, 1994

Peggy Lee reminds me of my Pap-Pap. I think of her and I am a kid again during the holidays helping him cook. He loved him some Peggy. lol.

Forum List

Back