A new .22 rifle.

Nah...I'm looking for a pump gun.
Shot an old Remington way back when and I loved it!!
We tossed a bunch of 2x4 squares from a construction sight into the bayou and plinked at em as they floated down bayou.
I split a bunch of em right down the middle out to 50 yards.
Call it an old memory gun.

Then you should really go for a Remington Mod 12. They are truly an outstanding little rifle. The 12C's are really really nice.

No doubt they're reliable.
I'm thinking I'm going to take mine and put some new furniture on it.
Want to turn it into more of a combat look.

Yeah, there are TONS of accessories for them. I have a takedown that I dropped into a Magpul stock, a suppressed one, a heavy barrel match rifle and my very first torture test rifle that is just a base model.

My arms are proportional, thus longer.
That makes no sense.....The slide is in the same place and is of the same size as the M1906.

That said the buttstock looks a tad longer and if so that (a longer LOP) would help the long armed a bit but barrel length would not play into it at all.....It's just a longer barrel, nothing more.

Yeah I just checked.
Pretty pricey for a used gun.

But WORTH it. The fit and finish are superior on old firearms.

There is a reason why a good Winchester Model 1873 will sell for thousands.

They are worth it.

That makes no sense.....The slide is in the same place and is of the same size as the M1906.

That said the buttstock looks a tad longer and if so that (a longer LOP) would help the long armed a bit but barrel length would not play into it at all.....It's just a longer barrel, nothing more.

Stock is longer, as you noticed, and the longer barrel slows the swing on moving targets, so I don't pass through too fast.

Also the added weight helps, etc. Etc. Etc.

But WORTH it. The fit and finish are superior on old firearms.

There is a reason why a good Winchester Model 1873 will sell for thousands.

They are worth it.

The problem is not being able to shoot em before ya buy em.
With a new gun you have some recourse.
I'm a big fan of Armslist. I purchased both of these from there.
The AR was new in the box and the FN was pretty much brand new.

976BBCEB-CD20-4BA3-922D-252624203518.jpeg

The problem is not being able to shoot em before ya buy em.
With a new gun you have some recourse.
I'm a big fan of Armslist. I purchased both of these from there.
The AR was new in the box and the FN was pretty much brand new.

View attachment 733538

I have never seen a Model 12 or a Model 1890 that didn't shoot well. Obviously this is for weapons in good working order. If you are looking at a beater you are taking a risk, but if there is still original finish odds are it will be fine.

If you can handle it you can inspect the rifling and the crown, then it's a no brainer.

I already have a 10/22 rifle but I'm looking for a pump action .22
I've decided on a Henry with the Octagon barrel that'll shoot shorts as well as LR.
While they're kinda pricey at $560 for a .22 they're also sought after as a collector rifle.
Does anyone have one? And if so can you give me a review on your experience?

View attachment 733497
browning makes a pump .22

Forum List

Back