a multicultural culture is bullshit

I don't call blacks African-American unless they were born in Africa and move here.

Good point! That rule also applies to White people born in Africa and who subsequently move here. Yep, they are unquestionably African Americans. The problem with racial identity for Blacks is that they use English or Spanish words to define themselves. I have always thought a more dignified name would be one used to describe blacks in an African tongue. "Eusi" the Swahili word for Black is one example. However, since "black" people come in all skin colors, a word geared towards that spectrum would be even better.

It applies to ANYONE that continues to call themselves a hyphenated name, instead of being ONLY an American... too nuanced a thought for the primitive mind!

Aren't you confusing race with nationality? They are NOT the same!

Who cares what race they are, we are talking nationality, AMERICAN is the nationality, do you find this hard to understand, should we print in LARGE LETTERS for you?

Ok, them we are on the same track! I agree, we should all be just Americans. But you and I both know driver's licenses, birth certificates and other vital documents will still use racial identity ONLY as will the FBI UCR and Victim's Survey.

Further, Forbidding the use of hyphenated identifiers won't change the underlying need for people to identify with their ancestors or living relatives in other countries. What is your solution to that little wrinkle...remember I agree with your premise but I don't have an answer for arriving at a viable way to proceed towards your goal!

My family background is from..... Case closed.

America is more than 'one culture', lol. There are wide range of cultural differences, ideologically driven cultural values and religiously driven ones. Don't forget the ethnic differences either.

Why do you think the tea party came into existence...they fear they will become a minority...so they are doubling down on hate.
Excuse me, Nutz...the t party came into existence after Santelli's rant against banking reforms/bailouts on CNBC...it had zero to do with this faux racist bullshit.
Then why is it that is all the teapers discuss on this forum and everywhere else. When was the last time a teaper talked about fiscal responsibiliy...or even practiced what they preached. What fiscally conservative bills have the tea party passed? Even introduced? All they do is obstruct and come up with different names to ccall the President of a darker hue. They find creative ways to oppose anything so America will fail instead of succeed. Teapers may have started by Santelli's rant...but they have progressed into an American terrorist group.
You would have us killed. You're the dangerous one.
I would treat traitors and terrorists as they should be treated. If the tea party wasn't so full of hate and vitriol...I would ardently support the movement. If they offered solutions instead of simply obstructing and calling Obama a Monkey...I would be a member. Teapers are nothing more than liberals in teaper clothing when it comes to the vitriol, hate and nonsense.
You're nutz.

Identity politics has divided this country into pieces, which apparently was the goal.
E Pluribus Unum is dead, bye bye.
I was unaware that the Party of Whitey had concerns?
I have no idea what this means, but I strongly suspect it's a deflection of some kind.
My statement was correct.
If you want unity, start with the political party that almost no darkies will vote for.
Oh, okay, it was deflection.

Thanks for the clarification.

America was founded,built,governed etc by the white race. Our property just picked the cotton and tried raping our women.

You would not be here, enjoying the rights and freedoms you shit on, if not for your ancestors coming here.

You have no soul.
No shit...well actually I might be. I could have come here myself. I wouldn't have if I had a choice.

Odium

Yeah right.

If you wanted to leave, you would.

You like being taken care of by progressive policies and would shrivel up and die if you had to take care of yourelf.

teddy_roosevelt_quote_cards-r3eff686b35304aebbb92bd9f749254f6_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpg

Sounds like deportation of those calling themselves African-American....and the above from the FOUNDER of the American PROGRESSIVE PARTY, and President Teddy Roosevelt!
White people are the ones calling blacks African-American...especially teapers because they don't want blacks to be American and have COnstitutional rights.
Actually, it was quislings like Jesse Jackson who objected to the terms like 'Negro' or 'colored' or 'black' because due to the morality of their female ancestors all of those terms in their own lineage was highly questionable.
So, they came up with 'African American' referring to a continent they could not locate on the globe and to which they would have no desire to go to in spite of the fact that they constantly and ceaselessly moan about that land being their home their ancestors were snatched from. Even those blacks whose ancestors lived in gloriously free and just Africa and were never the white man's slaves, like President Obama, but then, what's a little hypocrisy between friends.

any politic is a culture

1 culture

more then 1 culture means war till there is 1 culture
Multicultural is not American.
So, I suppose you never go to a Chinese or a German or a Thai or a Greek or a Japanese or a Hungarian or a Mexican or an Ethiopian or a Lebanese or a French or an Italian restaurant because their offerings are not as "AMERICAN" as a bucket of the Colonel's best (BTW recently it tastes like they removed about 9 herbs and spices) or a McDonald cheese burger.

I suppose you would never attend a sports event where there are competitors who are not Americans.

I suppose (well, never mind suppose) I am sure you would never attend a French or a German or an Italian opera, but not only because of your misguided four word sentence, above, but because you are just too ignorant to appreciate anything beyond Elvis and Willie Nelson, because they are not American.

I suppose you reject Dickens, Dumas, Tolstoy, Goethe because they are not as American as the cowboy stories told by your favorite novelist with the strange and definitely foreign sounding name.

Multiculturalism is appreciating something that you are not as you would want your culture to be appreciated by those who are not like you.

And I mean that in the nicest way.

America was founded,built,governed etc by the white race. Our property just picked the cotton and tried raping our women.

You would not be here, enjoying the rights and freedoms you shit on, if not for your ancestors coming here.

You have no soul.
No shit...well actually I might be. I could have come here myself. I wouldn't have if I had a choice.

Odium

Yeah right.

You like being taken care of by progressive policies and would shrivel up and die if you had to take care of yourelf.
I wish I had been born in Europe. I hate living in the US. Europe is much more sophisticated and gives a shit about their citizens.

You have no soul.

Odium

Yeah right.

I wish I had been born in Europe. I hate living in the US. Europe is much more sophisticated and gives a shit about their citizens.
Well, then go and live in Europe.

I was born in Europe, have lived in Canada for the last 58 years, except for the six years I lived in America on a special assignment by the company I retired from in 2003, and the only thing I regret about leaving Europe is leaving my parents, siblings and some of the culture that is not readily available for those are unable or unwilling to make the effort to find it.

If you can't find the sophistication you seek in the Smithsonian, in the Metropolitan Opera, on Broadway, in the book stores, in the wide selection totally sophisticated foods, or the sources of news on the media, or the education provided in American universities, you are a hopeless case of empty and phony and manufactured and falsely claimed refinement.

You can find anything and everything on youtube.

You have no soul.

Odium

Yeah right.

PRINT THIS OUT AND USE IT:

one-way-ticket-11826496.jpg

You have no soul.

Odium

Yeah right.

Yep, the US is a shithole these days, thanks to the little reactionary morons and Ayn Rand infants like those here.

Either you are an AMERICAN, or you are not. Don't want to assimilate...go the fuck back to wherever you crawled from.
But do you recognize all Americans as Americans or do you judge that by their skin tone? Is a white person who listens to rap music or eats a lot of tacos assimilated? How about the German grandmother who can't speak English...is she assimilated to your liking? Code here...if you aren't white and listen to Barry Manilow, watch Friends, and love mayonnaisse...you are not American.
By your definition, nobody would be an American.

teddy_roosevelt_quote_cards-r3eff686b35304aebbb92bd9f749254f6_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpg

Sounds like deportation of those calling themselves African-American....and the above from the FOUNDER of the American PROGRESSIVE PARTY, and President Teddy Roosevelt!

Yeah, that pretty much covers the definition of "assimilate" as I understand it. Thanks!

You have no soul.

Odium

Yeah right.

I was born in Europe, have lived in Canada for the last 58 years, except for the six years I lived in America on a special assignment by the company I retired from in 2003, and the only thing I regret about leaving Europe is leaving my parents, siblings and some of the culture that is not readily available for those are unable or unwilling to make the effort to find it.

If you can't find the sophistication you seek in the Smithsonian, in the Metropolitan Opera, on Broadway, in the book stores, in the wide selection totally sophisticated foods, or the sources of news on the media, or the education provided in American universities, you are a hopeless case of empty and phony and manufactured and falsely claimed refinement.

Why did you from Europe to Canada?

You have no soul.

Odium

Yeah right.

Why did you from Europe to Canada?

Why did I WHAT from Europe to Canada??

Forum List

Back