A look back at why we're such a divided country

If by “forced” you mean passed the law using his massive majorities in both houses of Congress, then yeah.
Obamacare was was not bipartisn and it did create a rift that only gotten worse over time
It was not bipartisan because Republicans refused to participate in the process

Actually, the Republicans participated in the process from the beginning and told Obama what they wanted. Obama didn't give an inch.

Republicans wanted to exempt Christian outfits like Hobby Lobby and Little Sisters of the Poor from being forced to pay for abortion and condoms against their religious beliefs. Republicans wanted to prohibit convicted paedophiles from receiving free ED drugs. The answer was "no" "Obama's way or the highway"

If have the public rejects something the time is not right for it
The public rejected Obama’s policy priorities by electing him in a landslide with a Democratic filibuster proof Senate majority and historically large House majority?

That’s some seriously bad logic.

Actually,some Republicans demonize McCain for his failure to work with Trump and banning conservatives from his funeral.

You seem to be trying to argue that Republicans were willing to work in a bipartisan way while Obama wasn't. That's a ridiculous perversion of reality.
Obama said that he was willing to take the journey to “progressive nirvana“ my words not his - with republicans,

but they would have to ride in the back

In this case yes I do not buy into "a house divided cannot stand". Adhering to only one set of narrow ideals whether liberal or conservative would result into a nation that could not endure.

If have the public rejects something the time is not right for it
The public rejected Obama’s policy priorities by electing him in a landslide with a Democratic filibuster proof Senate majority and historically large House majority?

That’s some seriously bad logic.

Obama was elected because he promised to eliminate Racism, and failed. And they believed the Democrat talking point that McCain was Literally Hitler.

The public voted for a “clean articulate black guy” not obamacare that the final product turned out to be

being president gave him great influence but not absolute authority

Obama actually tried working with Republicans on healthcare reform but Republicans decided they would not work with him no matter what.

Just a little bit of history that Republicans like to forget.

That's bullshit.

The Democrats stayed united to defeat every reasonable amendment that the GOP brought forward. They insisted that Christian outfits like Hobby Lobby and the Little Sisters of the Poor be required to pay for Sex Changes and Abortions. Obama never gave an inch, didn't negotiate at all with Republicans.
So Christians should get FREE Condoms, Sex Changes and Abortions on Taxpayers?

Obama should have been impeached when he used the IRS as his political weapon.
If a Republican president did that the Democrat Hate Machine(Press/Hollywood) would have melted down with rage.
Show where Obama did that

The IRS acted on its own regulations

In my experience, I can trace it to Newt Gingrich Republicans and the rise of Rightwing Media.

Newt abandoned any attempt at Compromise and bipartisanship.
Rightwing media took it further in punishing any Republican who dared to compromise. A Win/Win solution was unacceptable because it allowed the other side to win also. The term RINO a was coined to label any Republican who tried to work with the other side
Don't forget Republicans gerrymandering to keep extremists in power.

Last edited:
Liar. Dems had a supermajority. They literally locked the GOP out, wrote the bill, passed it, Obama signed it. Not one GOP member voted for it.
They actually invited in moderate Republicans when they first started drafting the bill. These moderate Republicans were threatened by their leadership and forced to leave negotiations. The rest is history.

In my 20+ years in politics I've never seen the country this divided. It didn't get this way overnight, something had to cause it.

In my opinion, NOTHING any president has done has been as divisive to the country as when Obama forced Obamacare down our throats along partisan lines. That drove a wedge between the two parties and republicans said if we ever get back control we will NOT cooperate or negotiate with liberals. And they stuck to their word.

Even the Gulf War was bi partisan with many democrats voting yes.

Nothing Clinton or Reagan did was along party lines like that.

Neither Bush did anything partisan like that.

It was Obama and Obama only. After Obama, republicans didn't care what democrats thought. Why? Because democrats already showed they didn't care about half the nation when they shoved Obamacare down their throats.

So I would have to lay the blame of division in this country solely on the lap of the democrats and Obama.
Obama mainstreamed Commie tactics in government and is an indoctrinated Cultural Marxist. Dems, even a few GOP types don't want a Constitutional Republic. They prefer a CCP like government. Dems have allowed Marxism to run rampant. These people would genocide you and put so called conservatives in gulags. If you disagree with them they have an entire dictionary of weaponized pejoratives that they use.

Obama actually tried working with Republicans on healthcare reform but Republicans decided they would not work with him no matter what.

Just a little bit of history that Republicans like to forget.

That's bullshit.

The Democrats stayed united to defeat every reasonable amendment that the GOP brought forward. They insisted that Christian outfits like Hobby Lobby and the Little Sisters of the Poor be required to pay for Sex Changes and Abortions. Obama never gave an inch, didn't negotiate at all with Republicans.
So Christians should get FREE Condoms, Sex Changes and Abortions on Taxpayers?
NO, it was more like Christians must to pay for Condoms, Sex Changes and Abortions for the democratic minorities

In my 20+ years in politics I've never seen the country this divided. It didn't get this way overnight, something had to cause it.

In my opinion, NOTHING any president has done has been as divisive to the country as when Obama forced Obamacare down our throats along partisan lines. That drove a wedge between the two parties and republicans said if we ever get back control we will NOT cooperate or negotiate with liberals. And they stuck to their word.

It was Obama and Obama only. After Obama, republicans didn't care what democrats thought. Why? Because democrats already showed they didn't care about half the nation when they shoved Obamacare down their throats.

So I would have to lay the blame of division in this country solely on the lap of the democrats and Obama.
Obama mainstreamed Commie tactics in government and is an indoctrinated Cultural Marxist. Dems, even a few GOP types don't want a Constitutional Republic. They prefer a CCP like government. Dems have allowed Marxism to run rampant. These people would genocide you and put so called conservatives in gulags. If you disagree with them they have an entire dictionary of weaponized pejoratives that they use.
Just look at the pro communist judges the Dems appointed

Liar. Dems had a supermajority. They literally locked the GOP out, wrote the bill, passed it, Obama signed it. Not one GOP member voted for it.
They actually invited in moderate Republicans when they first started drafting the bill. These moderate Republicans were threatened by their leadership and forced to leave negotiations. The rest is history.

Dont forget to leave out the part where roberts rewrote the law to make it legal instead of fulfilling his constitutional duty of sending it back to the house. Regardless, the law is dead now.

Obama was elected because he promised to eliminate Racism, and failed. And they believed the Democrat talking point that McCain was Literally Hitler.
Wrong on both points

Obama never promised to end racism. However, his election brought the racists out into the open

Democrats opposed McCains policies but never compared him to Hitler. It is Republicans who demonize John McCain.....because Trump told them to

Joseph McCarthy LIVES

Forum List

Back