A Legal Fork for SCOTUS: How to Arrange Alphabet Soup Into a Viable Static Class.

Should a legal "class" first understand itself & its members before it gains special protections?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Amendment XIV
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. 14th Amendment Constitution US Law LII Legal Information Institute

So the blind can drive now?

Driving is a privilege. Marriage is not. You can pretend otherwise all wish but the courts do not take into consideration your willful obtuseness. Too bad for you and your bigotry I suppose.

Driving is a privilege. Marriage is not. You can pretend otherwise all wish but the courts do not take into consideration your willful obtuseness. Too bad for you and your bigotry I suppose.

Driving laws are regulated by each state. They come with rules of the road and requirements in order to get a license. Marriage laws are regulated by each state. They come with rules of the road and requirements in order to get a license. The driving laws say "the blind cannot drive". They say this for a practical social reason: because blind drivers could harm people. The marriage laws say "only a man and woman may marry". They say this for a practical social reason: because gay people cannot provide either a mother or a father to children: the most important people in marriage.

Both are priveleges, not open to individual interpretations.

Driving laws are regulated by each state. They come with rules of the road and requirements in order to get a license. Marriage laws are regulated by each state. They come with rules of the road and requirements in order to get a license. The driving laws say "the blind cannot drive". They say this for a practical social reason: because blind drivers could harm people. The marriage laws say "only a man and woman may marry". They say this for a practical social reason: because gay people cannot provide either a mother or a father to children: the most important people in marriage.

Again, you can claim that marriage is a privelege until the cows come home but that doesn't have the slightest bit of effect on reality. Your babble or the rulings of the court? Yup, still going with the courts.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. 14th Amendment Constitution US Law LII Legal Information Institute

And where are the 'categories' of race, religion, country of origin or gender that you insisted were in the 14th amendment?

No where. You made them up. And your imagination pumped into pseudo-legal gibberish doesn't obligate anyone to do anything.

As you're nobody.

Again, you can claim that marriage is a privelege until the cows come home but that doesn't have the slightest bit of effect on reality. Your babble or the rulings of the court? Yup, still going with the courts.

Exactly. Sil is in pure fantasy mode, pretending that if he arbitrarily ignores legal precedent, the courts are similarly obligated.

Laughing....nope!

Explaining things to stupid people is really frustrating.

No kidding. Again, the question -

If the "protected groups" contain everyone, why is it necessary to have "protected groups"?
Exactly. Which race can be discriminated against and which cannot?

And when will LGBT get their tax-exempt status so the 14th can actually apply to their non-static, shifting and little understood characteristics? (besides just being adamant about rebellious sexual behavior and delusional gender identity issues)
No race can be discriminated against. How can you be so fucking stupid as to not understand that?

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

So now the can post comments?

If the "protected groups" contain everyone, why is it necessary to have "protected groups"?

And when will LGBT get their tax-exempt status so the 14th can actually apply to their non-static, shifting and little understood characteristics? (besides just being adamant about rebellious sexual behavior and delusional gender identity issues)
No race can be discriminated against. How can you be so fucking stupid as to not understand that?

And what cave are you hiding in? Affirmative Action, racial quotas and those federal and state programs geared toward specific races or foreign nationalities are clearly discriminatory.

Driving is a privilege. Marriage is not.

What is it?

A right.

Please post where said "right" is enumerated.

Are you of the opinion that rights must be enumerated in the Constitution for them to be held by people?

>>>>

Not at all. Simply show me what designates marriage as a "right".

So a right need not be enumerated in the Constitution (the over riding legal foundation for this country) to be held by people.

I agree.

>>>>

So a right need not be enumerated in the Constitution (the over riding legal foundation for this country) to be held by people.

I agree.

>>>>

Nope. 9th amendment.

“The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

I agree.

>>>>

Nope. 9th amendment.

“The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

I don't understand "Nope. 9th amendment"?

I said: "So a right need not be enumerated in the Constitution (the over riding legal foundation for this country) to be held by people."

How is that a "nope"?

>>>>

I agree.

>>>>

Nope. 9th amendment.

I don't understand "Nope. 9th amendment"?

I said: "So a right need not be enumerated in the Constitution (the over riding legal foundation for this country) to be held by people."

How is that a "nope"?

>>>>

I was agreeing with your statement. I should have removed YOUR "I agree" for clarity. Mea culpa.

And what cave are you hiding in? Affirmative Action, racial quotas and those federal and state programs geared toward specific races or foreign nationalities are clearly discriminatory.
Jesus, but the stupid is strong in this one. We were not discussing AA, racial quotas or any state programs; we were discussing laws that ban discrimination. Are you so dense you do not understand that a law that states that it is "illegal to discriminate on the basis of race" means that it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of race? What is the problem? Lose too many jobs out to better qualified black men, women, etc.?

Driving is a privilege. Marriage is not.

What is it?

A right.

Please post where said "right" is enumerated.
The "right" , you moron, is the right to not be denied equal protection of the law and the right to liberty; to be able to make important decisions about your personal life without government intrusion. Why do you favor a government so big they can dictate who you spend your life with; who you marry; who you raise your children with?

Forum List

Back