A great victory for the internet!

It takes a real leftist big-govt fanatic to believe that increased government intrusion and restriction results in a "great victory".

A free and open internet benefits everyone!
Ahem... the internet was already free and open before the government stuck its nose in. Now it will be less so.

A more accessible internet will help geek culture proliferate!
Ummm... the internet was plenty accessible before the gummint stepped in to "help". Now it will be less accessible.

A more accessible internet would make that much easier!
Then keep the government and its heavy-handed bureaucracies as far away from it as you can.

(Oops... too late!)
The govmint can solve anything.

FCC Approves Net Neutrality Rules For Open Internet The Two-Way NPR

The FCC approved net neutrality by a 3-2 vote! A free and open internet benefits everyone! A more accessible internet will help geek culture proliferate! I am not ashamed to say I am proud to be a gamer! I grew up with games like Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and I don't have any problems introducing geek culture to the next generation! A more accessible internet would make that much easier!

Get back to us on how "free and open" the Internet is in a year, then again in 5. Of course by then today's internet will have gone the way of Route 66 and we'll have a new information superhighway that the government will be trying to get its mitts on.

Thats the same thing you guys said about Death Panels and Obummer taking your guns. When the republican has nothing they tell others that a problem is going to be "in the future" sometime

We already had the death panels demonstrated by the government health care administrators at the Veterans Administration. When and if Obamacare gets fully implemented, we can have the same death panels administered by another government agency to non-veterans.

Speaking of taking your guns, it has started.

"As promised, President Obama is using executive actions to impose gun control on the nation, targeting the top-selling rifle in the country, the AR-15 style semi-automatic, with a ban on one of the most-used AR bullets by sportsmen and target shooters.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56 mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela’s, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president."

It takes a real leftist big-govt fanatic to believe that increased government intrusion and restriction results in a "great victory".

A free and open internet benefits everyone!
Ahem... the internet was already free and open before the government stuck its nose in. Now it will be less so.

A more accessible internet will help geek culture proliferate!
Ummm... the internet was plenty accessible before the gummint stepped in to "help". Now it will be less accessible.

A more accessible internet would make that much easier!
Then keep the government and its heavy-handed bureaucracies as far away from it as you can.

(Oops... too late!)

The FCC approved net neutrality by a 3-2 vote! A free and open internet benefits everyone! A more accessible internet will help geek culture proliferate! I am not ashamed to say I am proud to be a gamer! I grew up with games like Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and I don't have any problems introducing geek culture to the next generation! A more accessible internet would make that much easier!

I hope that is sarcasm

This is nothing to celebrate. The internet was already as accessible as it could be. As a gamer, I can look forward to lower internet latency, lots of lag, and well you get the idea. I hope you're happy. And I hope you get dealt a cold hard dose of reality when these regulations smack you upside the head.

The FCC approved net neutrality by a 3-2 vote! A free and open internet benefits everyone! A more accessible internet will help geek culture proliferate! A more accessible internet would make that much easier!
I hope that is sarcasm
It's not. He's actually serious.

So it's not sarcasm, it's just stupidity.

Get back to us on how "free and open" the Internet is in a year, then again in 5. Of course by then today's internet will have gone the way of Route 66 and we'll have a new information superhighway that the government will be trying to get its mitts on.

Thats the same thing you guys said about Death Panels and Obummer taking your guns. When the republican has nothing they tell others that a problem is going to be "in the future" sometime

We already had the death panels demonstrated by the government health care administrators at the Veterans Administration. When and if Obamacare gets fully implemented, we can have the same death panels administered by another government agency to non-veterans.

Oh so the death panels that were coming are actually the VA and no death panels at all. Got cha. So when you say the internet wont be open I'm assuming using your logic that when the internet is still open you'll say not really because you need a subscription to the Wall Street Journal or something

"As promised, President Obama is using executive actions to impose gun control on the nation, targeting the top-selling rifle in the country, the AR-15 style semi-automatic, with a ban on one of the most-used AR bullets by sportsmen and target shooters.

Oh goodie....Wait, did you forget to include the part about taking guns? This says bullets.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56 mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela’s, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president."

I'm sure this is going to happen anyday...or 6 years from now. Death Panels that arent, guns taken that arent guns and open internet that wont be open.

Got it

So we get to keep the internet we have had all along

Oh so the death panels that were coming are actually the VA and no death panels at all. Got cha. So when you say the internet wont be open I'm assuming using your logic that when the internet is still open you'll say not really because you need a subscription to the Wall Street Journal or something

Oh goodie....Wait, did you forget to include the part about taking guns? This says bullets.

I'm sure this is going to happen anyday...or 6 years from now. Death Panels that arent, guns taken that arent guns and open internet that wont be open.

Got it

Death Panels is refusing coverage for specific conditions or age groups.

You can get all of the free bc you want and even have a sex-change, but forget about getting a hip replacement after 75 or whichever they decide.

Expect pricing for the consumers to increase for provider R&D and roll out.

However, I agree with the decision, so, yes, we are going to pay more for service.

Have you already read all the new rules?

I really would love to find a text pdf of these rules... guess the government doesn't want me to find them now.

eCFR Code of Federal Regulations

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2014/db0515/FCC-14-61A1.pdf

The OP is either a moron, or is happy with the huge increases in fees&taxes he will see on his cellphone and internet bills.

Of course, the two are not mutually exclusive...

Forum List

Back