A former Dem was on CBC saying: "Pennsylvania takes long to count votes due to their electoral rules", I didn't hear ANY of this in 2016

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
All I hear is "Pennsylvania will decide the election". They just happen to be 20 E.C votes and they just happen to be the state with the rules most geared to a delayed outcome. A very important state, and this woman repeated the mantra I've heard this year, but didn't hear last year. "This could take 6 days", and, "Pennsylvania will decide the election". I didn't hear any of this in 2020.

For such an important state, why are they this unprepared?

During a very important and divided election, this is going to add deeper distrust in the West. Even 538 was promoting this early that basically, "hey, Trump could be winning but not to worry, the Blue Wave will follow".

Huh?

Why Pennsylvania’s Vote Count Could Change After Election Night

In other words, we need to brace ourselves for a “blue shift” in states like Pennsylvania. That is, states that primarily report Election Day results first could show Republicans with an initial lead on election night only to then shift toward Democrats as more mail ballots are counted. To be clear, this won’t be true everywhere.

Then there is this from Fox:

Pennsylvania AG hit for predicting Trump will lose election before votes even counted

It takes a long time to get ballots from China. Especially if you have no idea how many you need until you have counted the ones for Trump.

Because 10 times as many people voted early or by mail and PA laws say they can't start counting until the polls close. It's not some conspiracy, it's just the way it's always been.

All I hear is "Pennsylvania will decide the election". They just happen to be 20 E.C votes and they just happen to be the state with the rules most geared to a delayed outcome. A very important state, and this woman repeated the mantra I've heard this year, but didn't hear last year. "This could take 6 days", and, "Pennsylvania will decide the election". I didn't hear any of this in 2020.

During a very important and divided election, this is going to add deeper distrust in the West. Even 538 was promoting this early that basically, "hey, Trump could be winning but not to worry, the Blue Wave will follow".

Huh?

In other words, we need to brace ourselves for a “blue shift” in states like Pennsylvania. That is, states that primarily report Election Day results first could show Republicans with an initial lead on election night only to then shift toward Democrats as more mail ballots are counted. To be clear, this won’t be true everywhere.

Pennsylvania AG hit for predicting Trump will lose election before votes even counted

There are more mail-in/drop off ballots this year than in 2016.

Huh?

As I've said in the past, everybody who stayed on the sidelines in 2016 got off the bench to come out and vote. The pandemic threw a wrench into the works therefore more mail in and drop off ballots.
It's gonna take a bit longer this year.

Because 10 times as many people voted early or by mail and PA laws say they can't start counting until the polls close. It's not some conspiracy, it's just the way it's always been.

So they are the only state with this? How many hours does it take to count 10x the number of votes? We would assume they'd hire, what? 5x the number of counters. So it might take them, double the time, right? This is a repeat of the Dem Primaries, where NJ took months and apps crashed. What was the excuse for that?

Furthermore, I just saw Pete "Alfred-E-Neuman" on Fox and he was suggesting that Obama did better with the economy than Trump. If I were on that show, he'd blush harder than Neuman. This is a guy who has no clue. You can argue what you want about Obamas policies, but economic success for the working man was NOT one of them. Good for China, bailouts and Wall Street, NOT Main Street.

In fact, Obama was so bad with the economy that he offered Romney a job in his economic advising team after he won in 2012. That tells you something.

Huh?

They did not have Mail Ballots Returned: 2,414,351 in 2016.

Huh?

If you are in a warehouse and you hear, "look guys, we are going to have 10x the number of shipments today, so we brought in 5x our workforce for the day. You might have to do a couple of hours of O.T".

How difficult is it to count votes? Is this grueling labor or something? This is a massive election, they've had months to prepare and some are saying, "well it might take a week to get the results ONLY from big 20 E.C Penn with the A.G who publicly says Trump will lose even before one vote is counted".

This smells worse than The Mooches panties. This is already an intense election and they are creating a horrible situation. Look at the A.G's tweet where he announced that Biden was winning (even before a vote had been counted), it's being ratioed to hell. Even some Dems are asking him "wtf aren't you prepared?!"

Last edited:
Every state has different laws for when the votes are counted. Dumbass Canadians should educate themselves before talking about American politics.

PA went to the Supreme Court to be allowed to count ballots up until Nov. 6th as long as they are postmarked by Nov 3rd. Second and more insidiously, they changed the rules on having to match a voter's signature. So they are clearly up to some shenanigans in PA.

Huh?

If you are in a warehouse and you hear, "look guys, we are going to have 10x the number of shipments today, so we brought in 5x our workforce for the day. You might have to do a couple of hours of O.T".

How difficult is it to count votes? Is this grueling labor or something? This is a massive election, they've had months to prepare and some are saying, "well it might take a week to get the results ONLY from big 20 E.C Penn with the A.G who publicly says Trump will lose even before one vote is counted".

This smells worse than The Mooches panties. This is already an intense election and they are creating a horrible situation. Look at the A.G's tweet where he announced that Biden was winning (even before a vote had been counted), it's being ratioed to hell. Even some Dems are asking him "wtf aren't you prepared?!"
This election is historic and will be written in new History books.

Every state has different laws for when the votes are counted. Dumbass Canadians should educate themselves before talking about American politics.

I know this. There is no way, absent a recount, that votes can't be counted in a day. No way in hell.

Put it this way, I may be a dumb Canuck who knows nuttin' 'bout 'nuttin', but you give me 10M votes and the resources, I will have that count done in a day, even if I had to help count them by hand myself. There is no way they could be this incompetent and clueless, unless they tried to be.

Huh?

Yeah, let's just hope the book isn't written in Mandarin...

I know this. There is no way, absent a recount, that votes can't be counted in a day. No way in hell.

Put it this way, I may be a dumb Canuck who knows nuttin' 'bout 'nuttin', but you give me 10M votes and the resources, I will have that count done in a day, even if I had to help count them by hand myself. There is no way they could be this incompetent and clueless, unless they tried to be.
You just said it.
4i6Ckte.gif

Turtle Mitch wouldn't bring the House Bill to the Senate that allocated extra resources for this election - to fight foreign interference or help states prepare for huge numbers of voters.

Huh?

Why does it matter? There is no legal authority to declare a winner on election night and it can take days or weeks to certify. Votes should be counted if postmarked before the election closes.

Some people were calling this long ago, I'm glad to see I'm far from alone in wondering how odd this appears, even if I am not the most informed:

From June:
The experience of this month’s Pennsylvania primary election, coupled with Trump’s increasingly frequent false claims about mail voting, point to a troubling possibility in November.

Sept:
Justice Dept. Discloses Pa. Ballot Inquiry

March:
How Pennsylvania’s New Mail-in Ballot Law Could Create Election Night Chaos

Huh?

Not worried about it. I really have no idea how long it takes to count millions of paper ballots in that state or how they do it. Only know most states have never had to do it before. If you are smelling something way up there in Canada it is probably just factory made pollution and I suggest you get a mask. Don't worry about it friendly Canuck. We got this. Get some popcorn and hot coffee or cocoa, and maybe a bottle of Bicardi to go with it and watch. Gonna be fun! Really!

Huh?

Yep. Ought to be fun! ;)

Forum List

Back