A felon can be president. Who knew?! Trump need not worry?

Treason:

Under U.S. Code Title 18, the penalty is death, or not less than five years' imprisonment (with a minimum fine of $10,000, if not sentenced to death). Any person convicted of treason against the United States also forfeits the right to hold public office in the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection​

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Nope.

Statutory law does not trump the Constitution, which lays out who may be President in Article II.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Nope.

Statutory law does not trump the Constitution, which lays out who may be President in Article II.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
Wish-on but statutory laws are derived from the Constitution so I guess SCOTUS would have to rule and you know how it is with SCOTUS.....It takes them two years to decide on anything.

Wish-on but statutory laws are derived from the Constitution so I guess SCOTUS would have to rule and you know how it is with SCOTUS.....It takes them two years to decide on anything.
Time enough for Trump to be elected

:)

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

So I'm reading a book called Guilty as Sin by Ed Klein and I come to page 92.

Here's what it says about Hitlery running for president against Trump in 2015, and how her husband Bill was affected by the campaign in light of the charges against her involving carelessness in handling govt records (etc):

"[Bill's] lawyers addressed a troubling statement made by Michael Mukasey... [AG under W Bush]. Mukasey... declare[ed] that if Hillary were convicted under 18 US Code S 2071--the federal law forbidding the concealment or destruction of documents, [a].. a felony--she would be ineligible to become president...

Bill's legal experts disagreed because the Constitution sets the qualifications for the office of the president and the Constitution does not mention 18 US Code S 2071.

Mukasey withdrew his claim... "

Hmmmm... :45:
He wouldn't be a felon but for the abuse of power of one party in going after people they don't like and finding something to prosecute him for, even if they have to fudge and make things up. The latest on the Jan 6th indictment is that Jack Smith is using a law from 1870 to get Trump. That's how low they are stooping.

That video of Biden touching that girl's chest is SO creepy

How can liberals defend such a...... words fail!

How can anyone be a liberal, esp after 2020 and all the creepy things we hear about...

:banghead:

He wouldn't be a felon but for the abuse of power of one party in going after people they don't like and finding something to prosecute him for, even if they have to fudge and make things up. The latest on the Jan 6th indictment is that Jack Smith is using a law from 1870 to get Trump. That's how low they are stooping.
I know.

What sleazes

They live for this world because they can't look forward to the Next

well, they could but they ignore such things...

I believe the Constitution states he must be a least 35 years old and not born in Kenya. It says nothing about convictions in a court of law.

I believe the Constitution states he must be a least 35 years old and not born in Kenya. It says nothing about convictions in a court of law.
yeh, and it was likely not an oversight

They knew what big gummit can do to people (they were from England, had been oppressed by same for many moons)

They did not forget that past... like people, mostly libs, do today

Exactly. By the time there would be a SCOTUS ruling, Trump would have served two years as president. And back to the original point, the Constitution says nothing about convictions making someone ineligible to be president.

That video of Biden touching that girl's chest is SO creepy

How can liberals defend such a...... words fail!

How can anyone be a liberal, esp after 2020 and all the creepy things we hear about...

:banghead:
At some point we will vote authoritarians to remove these authoritarians. It has happened in other nations. Then they will get their just due. And this is doable. These men and women are dead inside.

Forum List

Back