A federal appeals court has overturned the death sentence of Dastardly Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Well if you feel that way perhaps you should realize something. Nobody agrees with you. Oh a handful of idiotic radicals might. But a vast majority think you are a loon and your ideals are idiotic.

I more than fully realize that there are few who agree with me. There are more than you think, but not as many as there should be. That’s YOUR problem, not mine.

part of Justice is insuring you have the right person. Convicting someone for the crime isn’t enough. You need to convict the right person. Let’s say you find a body. You arrest and convict someone for the crime. The exact same crime happens. Again and again. You keep killing people for the crime but they continue. You haven’t gotten the right person.

That is where legality that you so disdain comes in. Because the Founders had the idea. A good one for the rest of us. A bad one for you. The idea was that it should be hard to convict someone. That is why four of the ten original Bill of Rights deals with courts and rights of the accused. Five if you include the civil court rights.

Justice is the insurance that all of the Guilty are punished for their crimes. Obviously you do your best to get the Guilty person, but when someone cannot provide any proof they’re not Guilty, they need to be considered Guilty.

When the system is intrinsically biased against getting the Guilty parties punished, that system has no validity in my mind.

Now on to your morality argument. I have no idea what Religion you consider yourself. I have no clue what religious texts you follow. What I can say is that it is at odds with every mainstream religion including Islam that I have heard of. Well except those blithering idiots in Kansas who protest at the Funerals of Soldiers. But again basically nobody thinks you are right.

I don’t believe in Religion. I believe in Universal Morality... the idea that the Divine power of the Universe has placed our Souls here to test their ability to live Properly in spite of the opportunities not to.

I stopped caring if anyone liked or agreed with me at age four, forty-plus years ago.

So death penalty for Shoplifters? That's barbaric even by Muslim standards. You have managed to out do even those who's social and legal system is stuck in the Seventh Century. You must be proud. Or something.

No. Life w/o parole for shoplifting (and all other non-violence/morality based crimes). All felonies and violence/morality based misdemeanors would be a death sentence. A single appeal would be allowed, but as a Justice-based system rather than a Bureaucracy-based Legsl system, far fewer appeals would be accepted.

What is funny about the folks like you is this. You never want to hold those responsible for the false arrests, and convictions really responsible. No appeals. When the cops in Baltimore were caught planting drugs on their own body cameras, hundreds of cases became untenable. Appeals were filed within days, and essentially all of those people who were convicted based upon the testimony of those cops were let out of prison. Why? The cops were shown to be corrupt. There was no way that any Jury would believe that the first time, the very first time any of them planted evidence was on that day.

Thousands of cases, tens of thousands of cases were tainted. No appeals under your idealistic system. Why not have a reasonable way to hold those corrupt cops accountable. If an innocent man is sent to prison, they are sent to prison for the same sentence he got. If an innocent is put to death, then they are put to death.

Cops lie everyday to get evidence admitted to the courts. We know the FBI lies regularly. We know that from the Inspector General Report on FISA warrant applications. In every single application, there were problems. Evidence that was listed, but not in existence.

For your system to work, you could not afford one corrupt cop. Not one. Because the system would collapse when it became evident that the cops are the biggest liars in the courtroom.

But let's pretend your system is in effect. Let's pretend that the cops are the pinnacle of honor and trustworthiness. Let's pretend that they would rather die than utter one untrue thing to the court. How the hell do you get them out on the streets? When every crime is essentially a death penalty case, why not kill the cops? You get into a bar fight and smash a bottle over a guys head. Assault with a deadly weapon. You might as well kill cops, you're going to be put to death anyway.

It is idiots like you that demanded the Feds get rid of the Parole option. So what do the guards have to encourage good behavior now? No rewards are possible. The only things left is solitary confinement, and transferring the prisoner thousands of miles from his family. He can't get out of Prison for good behavior. He can't get out for anything but time served. So why behave? It is why Lifers are such dangerous prisoners. You can't do anything to them. They are in for life, and nothing anyone can do will change that.

But your system, well that makes it real. Everyone might as well kill a cop. They have nothing to lose. When arrested, they'll be convicted, and when convicted, they'll be put to death. What do they have to lose? How long do you think it will take them to figure that out? I'm betting a couple days, do you want the over, or under?

Thank God idiots like you are not the ones in charge of the Justice System. If you were, there wouldn't be a cop left in the Country. Those who survived, would quit because every single 911 call is a death sentence for the boys in blue.
He's batshit nuts, sort of a mix of Stalin and Pee Wee Herman.

Well if you feel that way perhaps you should realize something. Nobody agrees with you. Oh a handful of idiotic radicals might. But a vast majority think you are a loon and your ideals are idiotic.

I more than fully realize that there are few who agree with me. There are more than you think, but not as many as there should be. That’s YOUR problem, not mine.

part of Justice is insuring you have the right person. Convicting someone for the crime isn’t enough. You need to convict the right person. Let’s say you find a body. You arrest and convict someone for the crime. The exact same crime happens. Again and again. You keep killing people for the crime but they continue. You haven’t gotten the right person.

That is where legality that you so disdain comes in. Because the Founders had the idea. A good one for the rest of us. A bad one for you. The idea was that it should be hard to convict someone. That is why four of the ten original Bill of Rights deals with courts and rights of the accused. Five if you include the civil court rights.

Justice is the insurance that all of the Guilty are punished for their crimes. Obviously you do your best to get the Guilty person, but when someone cannot provide any proof they’re not Guilty, they need to be considered Guilty.

When the system is intrinsically biased against getting the Guilty parties punished, that system has no validity in my mind.

Now on to your morality argument. I have no idea what Religion you consider yourself. I have no clue what religious texts you follow. What I can say is that it is at odds with every mainstream religion including Islam that I have heard of. Well except those blithering idiots in Kansas who protest at the Funerals of Soldiers. But again basically nobody thinks you are right.

I don’t believe in Religion. I believe in Universal Morality... the idea that the Divine power of the Universe has placed our Souls here to test their ability to live Properly in spite of the opportunities not to.

I stopped caring if anyone liked or agreed with me at age four, forty-plus years ago.
It's impossible to prove a negative. You cannot prove yourself not guilty.

Maybe in certain instances, but in our connected world of today it’s generally pretty easy to prove where you were, when. If I can prove I was one place, I obviously can’t be somewhere else committing a crime.

Maybe in certain instances, but in our connected world of today it’s generally pretty easy to prove where you were, when. If I can prove I was one place, I obviously can’t be somewhere else committing a crime.

Ok. Prove you did not rape and murder Linda Smith on September 8th 2001.

Ok. Prove you did not rape and murder Linda Smith on September 8th 2001.

Once formally charged, my attorney will provide the electronic and human intelligence proving I was nowhere near her.

Have a nice day.

You said everyone was guilty and deserving of death. Even if they did not commit the crime in question. They were guilty for their morals. So you are guilty. By your own standards. Which admittedly is that if a petulant four year old spoiled brat. But hey. They are your standards.

He should not get the Death Penalty.
Just tell Hillary that he has some dirt on her and that he will testify against her.

Democrats are conflicted; they do not believe in the death penalty, but they also will not dare trample on his right to 17 virgins
If four is the limit and he gets 72 in Paradise, then we need to question why Democrats and the more extremist Muslims deal in women as objects, goods, or services to be traded, bought and sold among men.
He's a psychotic nut who would be dangerous if he wasn't pathetic
That sort of talk might seem "funny" to small children, or it would be, if there weren't so many psychologists, psychiatrists, mental health workers, therapists and counselors in practice to enforce that laughably absurd thinking as the law and to the fullest extent of the law, to impose arbitrary gun control and other measures against individuals deemed socially undesirable or mentally defective on such unlearned and pseudo-scientific professional opinions.

Forum List

Back