A different take on the shortages...

I accept your surrender. Run along now and let the adults talk
No surrender at all....Buttplug isn't smart enough to dream this moronic spin all on his own....He has media shills at BI working overtime to feed him this shit.

And he has poseurs like you lap it up like the dutiful little statist toadies that you are.

For those of you with your head too far up your asses, let me summarize this for you...

What we are experiencing now is not the result of any one thing or any one person. There are 100 factors that are impacting it.

The store where I shop most has been very low on meat for three weeks now. One week had empty shelves, really no meat at all, in many categories: no hams, almost no beef. No hamburger for weeks. Many other items are gone: none of the laundry detergent I buy for several weeks, etc., etc.

These food shortages are NOT hung up at the Port of Baltimore or at any other port. They are crisis shortages, and the Biden apologists can natter all they like, but we still can't buy stuff.

And gas up to $3.25 here. $3.00 at the beginning of October. I wonder what it will be at the end of October when the new Covid surge hits.
Don't confuse the shameless hack shill with the facts on the ground.

Shilling for Biden and mayor Pete sure takes some intellectual flexibility.
Flexibility with the truth --- is that what we're supposed to call lies these days?

I like it. Reminds me of the Nixon era, when they described things they said were true last week as "no longer operational."

America isn't running out of everything just because of a supply-chain crisis. America is running out of everything because Americans are buying so much stuff.

• But US imports are at record levels at some ports, and Americans are breaking shopping records, too.

To understand the situation, consider the country's inventory to sales ratio. This metric, tracked by the US Census Bureau, compares how much stuff sellers have on hand to how much stuff consumers are buying. The ratio is at a 10-year low, which indicates that we're low on stuff.

But the Port of Los Angeles reported a 30% uptick in incoming cargo in the first nine months of this year. (Important note, most of nonfood goods sold in the US come from abroad.) The Port of Charleston, South Carolina, has been breaking all-time records since March. Prologis, a major industrial real-estate player, is "effectively sold out" of warehouse space.

All of that means that the inventory to sales ratio isn't low because the US is short on stuff. It's low because sales have gone completely nuts.

In the first nine months of 2021, retail sales were up 14.5% over the same period in 2020 - a year in which retail sales jumped 8% over 2019. The NRF expected to end the year with sales up 10.5% to 13.5%. Lots of imports and even more spending have driven the inventory to sales ratio down because businesses imported a lot of stuff, and then Americans bought it.
Supply chain disruptions + higher demand = inflation

Supply and demand, the very foundation of economics.

The store where I shop most has been very low on meat for three weeks now. One week had empty shelves, really no meat at all, in many categories: no hams, almost no beef. No hamburger for weeks. Many other items are gone: none of the laundry detergent I buy for several weeks, etc., etc.

Did you inquire with your store as to what was causing their shortages?

These food shortages are NOT hung up at the Port of Baltimore or at any other port. They are crisis shortages, and the Biden apologists can natter all they like, but we still can't buy stuff.

What would you like the Fed Govt to do in order to solve this problem?

For those of you with your head too far up your asses, let me summarize this for you...

What we are experiencing now is not the result of any one thing or any one person. There are 100 factors that are impacting it.
There's basically one thing impacting it: the just-in-time model of stocking, which most stores impacted by this mess use.

Now inject scads of workers working within that logistics model slowing down, sicking out, and outright quitting, because of despotic morons trying to micromanage their lives over a virus that has a 99.8% recovery rate.

Occam's razor BTFO statist hack spin.

Economics is way more simple than poseurs like you try to make it out to be.

Last edited:
What would you like the Fed Govt to do in order to solve this problem?
Get rid of Biden and put Trump back in.

That would actually work, of course. It's Biden's administration that is causing all the trouble. Covid craziness, supply crises, energy crisis, illegals streaming in with all their diseases --- get rid of Biden and get Trump back and we wouldn't have all this trouble.

There's basically one thing impacting it: the just-in-time model of stocking, which most stores impacted by this mess use.

That is a big problem. I have said a few times on this board that might be one of the lasting changes from COVID, is a new fresh look at JIT.

It does not help that spending is at record levels.

1634659574099.png

Get rid of Biden and put Trump back in.

That would actually work, of course. It's Biden's administration that is causing all the trouble. Covid craziness, supply crises, energy crisis, illegals streaming in with all their diseases --- get rid of Biden and get Trump back and we wouldn't have all this trouble.

That is so cute how you think the POTUS is a god and controls everything.

Flexibility with the truth --- is that what we're supposed to call lies these days?

I like it. Reminds me of the Nixon era, when they described things they said were true last week as "no longer operational."
Truth? We've imported more in the past. So what's changed? Liberal, screw America, policies. You can't get on time delivery, but you can find some shill to explain it away in a heartbeat.

And gas up to $3.25 here. $3.00 at the beginning of October. I wonder what it will be at the end of October when the new Covid surge hits.
Thank God for capitalism...

You laugh, GG, but we didn't have ANY of these problems when Trump was in the White House.

Yes, I do laugh. Trump did not take over during a global pandemic that has led to the things we are seeing in this country happening all around the world.

There was less to buy in 2020 than now so I see no difference in the last two years of consumerism..Maybe you could learn to do without like our parents did...

Forum List

Back