A Diabetes Discovery

/----/ For crying out loud - stop playing, doctor. Ask your physician before experimenting.
When you eat them (potatoes) , your body breaks down the carbs into simple sugars that move into your bloodstream. This is what’s often called a spike in blood sugar levels (1Trusted Source).

The hormone insulin is then released into your blood to help transport the sugars into your cells so that they can be used for energy (1Trusted Source).

In people with diabetes, this process is not as effective. Instead of sugar moving out of the blood and into your cells, it remains in circulation, keeping blood sugar levels higher for longer.

Therefore, eating high-carb foods and/or large portions can be detrimental to people with diabetes.
Badger2's physician knew about the addition of thyme, exercise and fruit- and vegetable-increases to the diet as he looked at the test results for A1C and blood pressure being lowered. He had no argument against thyme.

Neither of you have mentioned what the poison is you are mouthing off about. Until that happens, readers should be tongue-in-cheek.

So we suggest thyme, which has no carbs. The phytochemistry of thyme assists in the reversal of pre-diabetes and the lowering of glycated A1C. That trajectory includes this Japanese report:

Protein Glycation Inhibitors from Thyme
Thyme is already part of my diet so if it helps great. However I've read all kinds of research about X, Y, and Z helping reduce blood glucose, but the only thing I've found with a measurable impact for me has been walking.

Thyme is already part of my diet so if it helps great. However I've read all kinds of research about X, Y, and Z helping reduce blood glucose, but the only thing I've found with a measurable impact for me has been walking.
But when you take in Thymus vulgaris phytocompounds such as cirsilineol, you know that this compound is precisely targeting glycated A1C. This is a scientific fact that can only be changed by perhaps plant breeding techniques: Thymus leaf, 7.4 ppm. There is also cirsilineol in Citrus reticulata pericarp: 12.1 ppm.

The understanding of the structure, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of plant compounds that have evolved such as cirsilineol, is where the potential lies for understanding genomic compromises in glucose metabolism for the last four billion years.

A parallel to the pharmacy of thyme in evolution is seen in the immune-boosting, anti-cancer activity of trans-vaccenic acid found in red meat. The evolution of this compound must go back to the Robin Williams video (youtube)showing Williams standing on the beach with a cow, linking the evolution of dolphins.

But the stereoisomer of trans-vaccenic acid in red meat, cis-vaccenic acid, more correctly completes the evolving image of chemotaxonomy over time: cis-vaccenic acid is found in Sea Buckthorn.

Hippophae

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Apparently you don't understand the simple results of my "experiment "

In the simplest possible terms:
The starch in raw potato DOES NOT spike blood sugar
But there are different types of starch depending on the potato. We thank the Russians for pointing this out:

Jan 2021 Russia / Amylopectin

1996 Australia Diabetes / Amylopectin
'....The nature of starch in the Western diet influences the development of noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.'

Forum List

Back