A couple of heartwarming examples of Christian love and tolerance:

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
So, let's start in Wichita, KS. and Reverend Jackie Carter:
Rev. Jackie Carter, a Wichita minister at First Metropolitan Community Church, says she has received death threats because of the gay weddings she has performed.
The calls have been escalating since the state’s ban on gay marriage was struck down by a federal judge last month.

The threats have resulted in vandalism, including broken windows, and the pastor is actually afraid:

Carter says she wants to ignore the threats, but she is scared.

“When you’re here and the phone rings, and there’s heavy breathing and two seconds later the doorbell rings and then somebody’s throwing rocks through the windows. All those things combined create fear.”

That fear has led to changes during church services.

“We have people outside now on Sundays to make sure people get in safely. You shouldn’t have to do that. We’re in the United States where we pride ourselves on freedom,” she added.
Wichita minister receives death threats over gay weddings

Because, you know, nothing says Christian family values like vandalism, and death threats.

Now, I'm quite certain that there are going to be moralists, and Christian apologists that are going to run in here, and insist that "Certainly this can't be Christians that did these things; you're just assuming that, and making things up. Because a Christian would never support such violent behavior!" Really? Then, by all means, let's move on over to Arizona, and see what a Christian pastor says in his sermon about gays. Now, I could just quote it for you, but I'm sure that i would be told I'm being a liar, and he didn't really say, what I am claiming he said. So, instead, I'll just let him say it in his own fucking words:

That's right. That is a Christian pastor saying that we should just summarily execute gays. Would the moralists, and Christian apologists like to tell us again how they don't really hate gays, and that it's all just a 'big Liberal lie" when progressives talk about the Christian hatred of homosexual?

Cuz, you know...their own words, and actions seem to be screaming a whole different message...

Last edited:
Same sex marriage is not a Christian value. It is an anti Christian value. The minister should not have gotten death threats. The congregation should have understood that performing same sex weddings is against Christian values and stopped attending that minister's services. The penalty isn't death threats. It's being cast out. Don't attend that church until the misbehaving minister is cast out.

Same sex marriage is not a Christian value. It is an anti Christian value. The minister should not have gotten death threats. The congregation should have understood that performing same sex weddings is against Christian values and stopped attending that minister's services. The penalty isn't death threats. It's being cast out. Don't attend that church until the misbehaving minister is cast out.

...and nothing on the preacher who's attitude is "kill em all"?

I'm not sure what your point is.

Yeah, there are some hateful people that call themselves Christians.

There are also good Christians who believe in traditional marriage.

What is the underlying intent of your post, Czerno? All of your examples can be easily countered with those of decent Christians.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Yeah, there are some hateful people that call themselves Christians.

There are also good Christians who believe in traditional marriage.

What is the underlying intent of your post, Czerno? All of your examples can be easily countered with those of decent Christians.
Well, I have been reading a lot of apologists lately insisting that "Conservative Christians" have been getting a "bum rap", that they don't "hate Christians", that they're being persecuted for their beliefs, and that they are only defending "Family values". So, I just thought I might share a couple of examples of those "family values" that these good conservative Christians are demonstrating.

Except you're scurrilously showcasing a few very extreme examples to slander the whole.

So, let's start in Wichita, KS. and Reverend Jackie Carter:
Rev. Jackie Carter, a Wichita minister at First Metropolitan Community Church, says she has received death threats because of the gay weddings she has performed.
The calls have been escalating since the state’s ban on gay marriage was struck down by a federal judge last month.

The threats have resulted in vandalism, including broken windows, and the pastor is actually afraid:

Carter says she wants to ignore the threats, but she is scared.

“When you’re here and the phone rings, and there’s heavy breathing and two seconds later the doorbell rings and then somebody’s throwing rocks through the windows. All those things combined create fear.”

That fear has led to changes during church services.

“We have people outside now on Sundays to make sure people get in safely. You shouldn’t have to do that. We’re in the United States where we pride ourselves on freedom,” she added.

Because, you know, nothing says Christian family values like vandalism, and death threats.

Now, I'm quite certain that there are going to be moralists, and Christian apologists that are going to run in here, and insist that "Certainly this can't be Christians that did these things; you're just assuming that, and making things up. Because a Christian would never support such violent behavior!" Really? Then, by all means, let's move on over to Arizona, and see what a Christian pastor says in his sermon about gays. Now, I could just quote it for you, but I'm sure that i would be told I'm being a liar, and he didn't really say, what I am claiming he said. So, instead, I'll just let him say it in his own fucking words:

That's right. That is a Christian pastor saying that we should just summarily execute gays. Would the moralists, and Christian apologists like to tell us again how they don't really hate gays, and that it's all just a 'big Liberal lie" when progressives talk about the Christian hatred of homosexual?

Cuz, you know...their own words, and actions seem to be screaming a whole different message...

I would leave that church so fast the silly pastors head would spin. She is violating Gods law, she should be defrocked.

Except you're scurrilously showcasing a few very extreme examples to slander the whole.

Am I? Cuz I notice that two of the responders have been quick to decry the pastor who is performing gay weddings, while remaining unusually quiet, both of them, on the other story I included in my OP. Now, I wonder why that might be...

"OK, look at how evil atheists are with all their silly ideals, We've got Bob the atheist who wants to kill certain people, and Jack who is, basically, a real prick. See these two people guys? They're so crappy, and their friends, too. Ergo, all atheists are bad. Don't even try to think of Wendy the decent atheist or Chris the benevolent one. Nah, just lazily lump'em all together. Not like it matters."

"OK, look at how evil atheists are with all their silly ideals, We've got Bob the atheist who wants to kill certain people, and Jack who is, basically, a real prick. See these two people guys? They're so crappy, and their friends, too. Ergo, all atheists are bad. Don't even try to think of Wendy the decent atheist or Chris the benevolent one. Nah, just lazily lump'em all together. Not like it matters."
Funny. I hear very similar comments like that all the time. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, and read people equating the FRFF to "all atheists", or even to "atheists, in general".

And, again, so far you seem to be the only Christian here, condemning the behaviour in the OP. Seems to me that your problem isn't that you think I am being uncharitable, but that you fear my view may not be that far off...

Christians believe a lot of crazy things. Thankfully this country was founded on a seperation of Church and state. So because of that we can eat pig, shave our beards, not cover our heads, cut our hair, get tattoos... And soon gay people will be allowed to get married.

If we really want to tighten up on religious restrictions in this country we should ask for help from those with experience like Syria, Iran, or maybe Yemen.

So some christians are more christian than others? Who decides?

Funny. I hear very similar comments like that all the time. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, and read people equating the FRFF to "all atheists", or even to "atheists, in general".

And, again, so far you seem to be the only Christian here, condemning the behaviour in the OP. Seems to me that your problem isn't that you think I am being uncharitable, but that you fear my view may not be that far off...

I'm no Christian. Not religious.

I also know there are bad apples in every group, and you should, too.

Christians believe a lot of crazy things. Thankfully this country was founded on a seperation of Church and state. So because of that we can eat pig, shave our beards, not cover our heads, cut our hair, get tattoos... And soon gay people will be allowed to get married.

If we really want to tighten up on religious restrictions in this country we should ask for help from those with experience like Syria, Iran, or maybe Yemen.
Crazy bastards, always praying and shit...

Opening Prayer Archive Office of the Chaplain

Crazy bastards, always praying and shit...

Opening Prayer Archive Office of the Chaplain

That's a good one. Nothing in there about people burning in hell for being icky or destroying marriage. There should be more like it. :thup:

Am I? Cuz I notice that two of the responders have been quick to decry the pastor who is performing gay weddings, while remaining unusually quiet, both of them, on the other story I included in my OP. Now, I wonder why that might be...
Because...given the opportunity...they cannot condemn the pastor calling for death to gays. That's it in a nutshell.

Because...given the opportunity...they cannot condemn the pastor calling for death to gays. That's it in a nutshell.

For them, perhaps. Not all Christians who believe in traditional marriage believe in murder.

Change always scares people. They were doing the same awful things over inter-racial marriages.

All we can really do is wait for intolerant people to gradually fade into obscurity, or accept reality.

Fortunately unlike in Russia, homophobic extremists aren't the majority - but instead a fading minority.

Forum List

Back