A couple of heartwarming examples of Christian love and tolerance:

Thankfully this country was founded on a seperation of Church and state.

actually, that's not true....it was founded on the freedom of religion....religious people were not kept out of the government....and Thomas Jefferson's letter was just that...a letter....not a law or an Amendment to the Constitution...as to calling for the death of gays or whatever...responding to your baiting is silly....now as to the actual killing of gays by muslims....you know...the ones actually doing the murdering, the torture and the beheading....yeah, that's not the real problem.....

The topic of this thread feels eerily similar to how some try to demonize all Muslims for the actions of some.

There are bad apples in every group.

There are the bad and the good. Respectively, this includes "Christians" who literally hate homosexuals (WBC), and Christians who simply believe in traditional marriage and understand that, according to their religion, homosexuality is a sin. If you believe in traditional marriage and believe homosexuality is a sin, that in no way automatically makes you a bad person. Not at all.

Same sex marriage is not a Christian value. It is an anti Christian value. The minister should not have gotten death threats. The congregation should have understood that performing same sex weddings is against Christian values and stopped attending that minister's services. The penalty isn't death threats. It's being cast out. Don't attend that church until the misbehaving minister is cast out.

...and nothing on the preacher who's attitude is "kill em all"?
Not any more than on the guy who screamed "kill the Jew" while actually stabbing a Jew. So far no gays have been harmed during the making of this thread.

Except you're scurrilously showcasing a few very extreme examples to slander the whole.

Am I? Cuz I notice that two of the responders have been quick to decry the pastor who is performing gay weddings, while remaining unusually quiet, both of them, on the other story I included in my OP. Now, I wonder why that might be...
Because...given the opportunity...they cannot condemn the pastor calling for death to gays. That's it in a nutshell.

No, we already know the guy is an asshole, and the only one giving him any attention is your side as "an example."

Czerno - You shouldn't judge all Christians just by the actions of a few extremists. Just like one shouldn't judge all blacks by the actions of the gang-bangers, nor should you judge all whites by the actions of a few bankers.

But you already knew that.....

The topic of this thread feels eerily similar to how some try to demonize all Muslims for the actions of some.

There are bad apples in every group.

There are the bad and the good. Respectively, this includes "Christians" who literally hate homosexuals (WBC), and Christians who simply believe in traditional marriage and understand that, according to their religion, homosexuality is a sin. If you believe in traditional marriage and believe homosexuality is a sin, that in no way automatically makes you a bad person. Not at all.
I do not claim that the stories in the OP represent all Christians. Conservative Christian apologists consitently insist that no Christian wants to do any harm to homosexuals, or advocate violence, and are only the "victims" of misunderstanding, and prejudice. The stories in the OP incontrabertibly demonstrate that to be patently untrue.

Anyone care to wager if the OP would ever author a thread regarding instances of Islamic atrocities ?
Why should I? Is there a large number of people insisting that Islamic atrocities never happen, that no Muslim has ever advocated violence, or ever harmed anyone? No? Then I don't really see the point in exposing a lie that has never been told.

So, let's start in Wichita, KS. and Reverend Jackie Carter:
Rev. Jackie Carter, a Wichita minister at First Metropolitan Community Church, says she has received death threats because of the gay weddings she has performed.
The calls have been escalating since the state’s ban on gay marriage was struck down by a federal judge last month.

The threats have resulted in vandalism, including broken windows, and the pastor is actually afraid:

Carter says she wants to ignore the threats, but she is scared.

“When you’re here and the phone rings, and there’s heavy breathing and two seconds later the doorbell rings and then somebody’s throwing rocks through the windows. All those things combined create fear.”

That fear has led to changes during church services.

“We have people outside now on Sundays to make sure people get in safely. You shouldn’t have to do that. We’re in the United States where we pride ourselves on freedom,” she added.
Wichita minister receives death threats over gay weddings

Because, you know, nothing says Christian family values like vandalism, and death threats.

Now, I'm quite certain that there are going to be moralists, and Christian apologists that are going to run in here, and insist that "Certainly this can't be Christians that did these things; you're just assuming that, and making things up. Because a Christian would never support such violent behavior!" Really? Then, by all means, let's move on over to Arizona, and see what a Christian pastor says in his sermon about gays. Now, I could just quote it for you, but I'm sure that i would be told I'm being a liar, and he didn't really say, what I am claiming he said. So, instead, I'll just let him say it in his own fucking words:

That's right. That is a Christian pastor saying that we should just summarily execute gays. Would the moralists, and Christian apologists like to tell us again how they don't really hate gays, and that it's all just a 'big Liberal lie" when progressives talk about the Christian hatred of homosexual?

Cuz, you know...their own words, and actions seem to be screaming a whole different message...

I would leave that church so fast the silly pastors head would spin. She is violating Gods law, she should be defrocked.

She shouldn't have been frocked in the first place.

Rev. Jackie Carter, a Wichita minister at First Metropolitan Community Church, says she has received death threats because of the gay weddings she has performed.
The calls have been escalating since the state’s ban on gay marriage was struck down by a federal judge last month.

The threats have resulted in vandalism, including broken windows, and the pastor is actually afraid:

“When you’re here and the phone rings, and there’s heavy breathing and two seconds later the doorbell rings and then somebody’s throwing rocks through the windows. All those things combined create fear.”

“We have people outside now on Sundays to make sure people get in safely. You shouldn’t have to do that. We’re in the United States where we pride ourselves on freedom,” she added.

Because, you know, nothing says Christian family values like vandalism, and death threats.

Now, I'm quite certain that there are going to be moralists, and Christian apologists that are going to run in here, and insist that "Certainly this can't be Christians that did these things; you're just assuming that, and making things up. Because a Christian would never support such violent behavior!" Really? Then, by all means, let's move on over to Arizona, and see what a Christian pastor says in his sermon about gays. Now, I could just quote it for you, but I'm sure that i would be told I'm being a liar, and he didn't really say, what I am claiming he said. So, instead, I'll just let him say it in his own fucking words:

That's right. That is a Christian pastor saying that we should just summarily execute gays. Would the moralists, and Christian apologists like to tell us again how they don't really hate gays, and that it's all just a 'big Liberal lie" when progressives talk about the Christian hatred of homosexual?

Cuz, you know...their own words, and actions seem to be screaming a whole different message...

I would leave that church so fast the silly pastors head would spin. She is violating Gods law, she should be defrocked.

What fun. Can we tell you how to run YOUR religion, now?

Amazing. More attacks, on the pastor who performed gay marriages, with not a single word about the DEATH THREATS, the vandalism, or Pastor "Killemall".

Wanna tell me again, Boatswain, and Wake, how unreasonable, and unfair I'm being to the "poor, misunderstood" Christians?

Amazing. More attacks, on the pastor who performed gay marriages, with not a single word about the DEATH THREATS, the vandalism, or Pastor "Killemall".

Wanna tell me again, Boatswain, and Wake, how unreasonable, and unfair I'm being to the "poor, misunderstood" Christians?

Well, to be fair, Allie....er, I mean, "koshergrl" isn't a christian.

Then, why on Earth would she be spouting the Christian moralist perspective????

Anyone care to wager if the OP would ever author a thread regarding instances of Islamic atrocities ?
Why should I? Is there a large number of people insisting that Islamic atrocities never happen, that no Muslim has ever advocated violence, or ever harmed anyone? No? Then I don't really see the point in exposing a lie that has never been told.

I would simply prefer that you be consistent, and when it comes to American liberals you guys never fail to point out anything negative about Christianity, but always fail at doing the same when it comes to Islam.

I know it's difficult for you guys to see it though since you always have your noses firmly planted between the ass cheeks of Muslims.

I don't think you know what an attack is.

This *pastor* does not represent Christians. They are preaching false dogma, heresay.

There's that.

The criminals who are sending death threats and vandalising property....you have evidence that they are leaders in the Christian community? What Christian organizations are openly supporting their actions?

Oh yeah. None. Meh, dumb thread.

I'd guess that the criminals involved are probably progressive ding bats who got wasted and decided to spread a little chaos. That's what this crap usually is...

Then, why on Earth would she be spouting the Christian moralist perspective????

She isn't really. She's not a christian. Pay her no mind in that regard.

I would simply prefer that you be consistent, and when it comes to American liberals you guys never fail to point out anything negative about Christianity, but always fail at doing the same when it comes to Islam.

I know it's difficult for you guys to see it though since you always have your noses firmly planted between the ass cheeks of Muslims.
You don't seem to understand. The whole reason I posted this story was because christian apologists keep insisting that the very violence I exposed in the OP "never happens"; that "Christians" never support, advocate, or participate in such violent behavior, and that they are purely victims of a "Christian hating" culture who wants to take away their right to be Christians.

Now, if we had a bunch of Muslims in this country making that claim about Islam, I would be more than happy to expose that lie or what it is. Since we don't have any Muslims making that claim, I see no point in exposing that "lie", as I do the lie about what Christians do, and do not advocate, support, and participate in.

You don't seem to understand. The whole reason I posted this story was because christian apologists keep insisting that the very violence I exposed in the OP "never happens"; that "Christians" never support, advocate, or participate in such violent behavior, and that they are purely victims of a "Christian hating" culture who wants to take away their right to be Christians.

Now, if we had a bunch of Muslims in this country making that claim about Islam, I would be more than happy to expose that lie or what it is. Since we don't have any Muslims making that claim, I see no point in exposing that "lie", as I do the lie about what Christians do, and do not advocate, support, and participate in.

Again. Please provide the evidence #1, that the perps were Christians, and #2, that Christians support the behavior.

Forum List

Back