A Compromise

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Feb 8, 2011
Behind the Orange Curtain
For years, Abortion promoters have attacked abortion opponents who support the death penatly, claiming that supporting the death penalty for convicted killers and rapists means that one cannot oppose abortion. While the logic of this is dubious at best, I have decided to yield.

I offer this compromise to abortion promoters, I will support abortion on demand, up until the baby is crowning, IF it follows the same rules as the death penalty.

I mean, this is perfectly fair, right? We apply the same laws to both.

For instance, we can't just execute someone at random, even if convicted of a heinous crime. We first have to have a hearing on whether the person will be put to death, with a lawyer advocating for the condemned and the ability to call character witnesses on behalf of the condemned.

Even the most radical of pro-abortion advocates would agree to this, right? Bode? Jillian? If a woman wants an abortion, then a lawyer is appointed to advocate for the life of the condemned baby. The lawyer for the condemned may call character witnesses to testify as to why the baby should not be put to death. And those who seek death for the unborn child are also free to present evidence as to why the child SHOULD die.

Of course, just like the death penalty, if the baby loses, then an automatic appeal is launched, to ensure the rights of the condemned are not violated. Certainly no one can object to the same laws being applied to those who are condemned to die, regardless of whether they are guilty of a crime?

And granted, it might take 25 years before the penalty phase of an abortion is carried out, but we can at least feel good knowing that the unborn are afforded the same rights as murderers and rapists.

Forum List

Back