A Church Can Have its Own Police Force, Alabama's Senate Decided!!

Holly shit! Really? Church Police? This is frightening! Sure, the stated purpose is to fight crime on church property, there is no assurance that they wont abuse their police power. Will they be targeting minorities??? This is a racist, homophobic church. Will they be harassing people who don't come to church on a regular basis?

In any case, this is a clear violation of the constitution. The State of Alabama is about to bestow the power of the government on a religious institution!

Alabama's Senate just voted to allow a church to have its own police force

The move would be unprecedented in the United States. And, according to experts, it would also be unquestionably unconstitutional.

Violation of Church and State?
The church's original press release stated that it intended only to "mirror" a Alabama law that allows educational institutions to have its own police forces.

But vesting those state powers in the hands of a religious institution, no matter how large, would violate the Establishment Clause of the Constitution—the separation of church and state—according to the Alabama chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union.

"What the bill attempts to do is to take what is a quintessential governmental power—law enforcement—and vest that police power in the hands of a religious institution," legal director Randall Marshall told Newsweek. "That would give church officials who run a police department the decision as to what laws to enforce, who to arrest, what levels of force would be needed to effectuate such an arrest. It so intertwines the church with state powers that it truly is an establishment clause problem."
Most universities have their own police force, shitforbrains.

Holly shit! Really? Church Police? This is frightening! Sure, the stated purpose is to fight crime on church property, there is no assurance that they wont abuse their police power. Will they be targeting minorities??? This is a racist, homophobic church. Will they be harassing people who don't come to church on a regular basis?

In any case, this is a clear violation of the constitution. The State of Alabama is about to bestow the power of the government on a religious institution!

The move would be unprecedented in the United States. And, according to experts, it would also be unquestionably unconstitutional.

The church's original press release stated that it intended only to "mirror" a Alabama law that allows educational institutions to have its own police forces.

But vesting those state powers in the hands of a religious institution, no matter how large, would violate the Establishment Clause of the Constitution—the separation of church and state—according to the Alabama chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union.

"What the bill attempts to do is to take what is a quintessential governmental power—law enforcement—and vest that police power in the hands of a religious institution," legal director Randall Marshall told Newsweek. "That would give church officials who run a police department the decision as to what laws to enforce, who to arrest, what levels of force would be needed to effectuate such an arrest. It so intertwines the church with state powers that it truly is an establishment clause problem."
Fuck off. You don’t like our laws?Stay the fuck out....

This about our laws. It’s about our constitution Don’t like it ? Get out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you don’t understand the difference between a school and a church? Shit for brains

Fuck off. You don’t like our laws?Stay the fuck out....

This about our laws. It’s about our constitution Don’t like it ? Get out

Fuckin’ right it is. Roll tide faggot.

Are you really this stupid?
Stupid?? Please explain, Bubba

The level of your hysteria is astonishing. You immediately descend to accusations of behaviors that only progressives loons, like you, engage in.
I am not in the lease bit hysterical.

Of course you are, your hormones have you completely off kilter. If a Church wants it's own security/police force who are you to say no?
My hormones? You fucking idiot. I'm 72 years old. It's not me who is saying that a Church can't have a police force.Its the fucking constitution!

relax, theres another name for that. It's called "Security Guard". Ever hear of that before? no that doesn't mean the Spanish Inquisition is coming back .
There is a difference between security guards and police.

LOL, even if they have the same duties?
They don't have the same powers. Security guards do not have government sanctioned police powers

You're struggling here....YOU'RE the one talking about "Gov", not the Church. The Church can call it anything they want and give them any power/authority (within the boundaries) of the law they want. If you're unruly and disruptive they can (and will) put you down and detain you until the "real" police get there.
I'm struggling? Horseshit! You have no idea what you're talking about. Are you so fucking stupid that you think that a church can assume the power of government in the United States of America>

Are you really this stupid?

The level of your hysteria is astonishing. You immediately descend to accusations of behaviors that only progressives loons, like you, engage in.

Of course you are, your hormones have you completely off kilter. If a Church wants it's own security/police force who are you to say no?
My hormones? You fucking idiot. I'm 72 years old. It's not me who is saying that a Church can't have a police force.Its the fucking constitution!

Where exactly does the Constitution say that a church can't have a police force?

Catholic universities have their own police forces.

45A96524-FC35-4A31-876C-944487026A31.jpeg

Where exactly does the Constitution say that a church can't have a police force?

Read the first amendment

You can’t miss it. It’s right under the right to an abortion and one paragraph above the right of TheProgressivePatriot to marry a man.

Read the first amendment

I have, multiple times. Where does it say a church can't have a police force?

C'mon youngster (yes, I am older than you)you made the claim. Quote the section.

Read the first amendment

That's your response? You're losing badly here son.

Catholic universities have their own police forces.

View attachment 265925
So what do you think that this proves? It's a school. It has a primary secular purpose. Can you give any example of a church having a police force and explain how doing so is not a violation of the first amendment?

Read the first amendment

That's your response? You're losing badly here son.
You stupidly asked " Where exactly does the Constitution say that a church can't have a police force?" Showing that you have a piss poor understanding of the constitution. You can delude yourself into believing that you are winning something here all you like.

Since when do libstains care about the Constitution?

Read the first amendment

If you are referring to the establishment clause, you're out of your mind. Forming a police force to protect their church in no way establishes a state religion. They are safeguarding their lives and their property against anti Christian wackos.

Have they shown up at your door yet with guns to force you to go to their church? Let us know when that happens.

iu

Forum List

Back