'A Christmas Carol (Scrooge) 1951

Baron

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Enjoy the great movie and see how our societies have been changed through the last 70 years
The movie today can be simple blamed as Nazi, racist, antisemitic, fascist, right wing extremist etc just for having not enough 'peoples of color', blacks and Muslims, LGBTQ in the cast, at least 80%
And anything Christian would be replaced by wokenes and communism

That is all fine , but you forgot to tell us which carol it is about .

A Christmas Carol is a Liberal story about the evils of Capitalism

Have you read much of Charles Dickens' work?
Defense of the working man and the poor and condemnation of Capitalism

Please Sir, I want some more

1671977385873.jpeg

No .
Words for that are , Country, Place , Time .

Which Carol is featured ?

My god, some of you americans would be outrun by a slow snail .
As for a sense of humour . No wonder you always lose the wars you create .

I'm a big fan of Charles Dickens' work.

I'm a big fan of Charles Dickens' work.
Me also . In fact I listened to a short story of his last night which was effectively one of several drafts of what later became The Christmas Carol.
Unfortunately the real CD was very different from the one painted by our masters .
Here is a snippet -- not my research I hasten to add .

We will start with his full name: Charles John Huffam Dickens.
I guess you already see it? Huffam is a variant of. . . Huffman, as in Felicity Huffman. Which is a variant of Hoffman. Jewish. We are told he was named for his godfather, Christopher Huffam, gentleman, navy rigger, and “head of an established firm”. What firm? Wikipedia doesn't say. But we can look him up
Huffam was painted by Sir Thomas Lawrence, meaning he was quite wealthy and important. Lawrence was the premier portrait painter of his time, painting the royals and top nobility. Huffam was also a Gentleman in Waiting to King William IV. He was a shipowner and outfitted a privateer at his own expense for the war with France. His business Huffam and Royes was connected to the East India Company, being a ship builder.
The common bios lead us to believe Huffam was chosen as godfather simply because John Dickens knew him through the Navy Pay Office, where he worked at some lowly position.
That story is ridiculous
We may assume the Huffams were related to the Dickens. This is indicated again by the fact that one of Charles' childhood playmates, who lived next door, Ann Phyllis Knight, married Henry Huffam. For more evidence of that, we find the Huffams in the peerage, though well scrubbed. They married the Goldsmids and the Trollopes in the 1800s, though we are given no clue why they are listed. It may be through the Annesleys, Viscounts Glerawly. With more research, we find that the Huffams were previously Beverleys. The name was originally Hougham, and they also link us to the Comptons, Marquesses of Northampton. Which links us to the Ramsays, Blairs, Moncktons, Drummonds, Douglases, and later to the Barings and MacKenzies. As for
So Dickens' bio has already fallen apart in the first paragraph. There is no way some debtor's prison lowlife is going to ask a peer to be the godfather for his son, just because they met at a Navy office. Huffam was a relative, which means Dickens was born Jewish and peerage, just as you would expect.

And it gets far worse , though the stories and novels are what count most .
But why do they have to deceive and lie just about everything ?

Forum List

Back