Zone1 A christian-atheist compromise?

I said there's not even a squeak. Not even one mainstream movement to curb violence. Kids being graphically killed in shows meant for kids has become a new trend since about 7 years ago and no one speaks out. What effect do you think that has on kids, or anyone's minds for thst matter to see?

It's just one example where religion isn't addressing even of the most basic moral wrongs.
I'm pretty sure violence in TV, video games, etc. has been addressed by various religions. Even the dreaded evil Christians.

The only one of us who has been judgmental is you.
I realize I've been judgmental, though. Can you say the same or do you think your judgments of atheists are just facts you're pointing out?
I'm pretty sure violence in TV, video games, etc. has been addressed by various religions. Even the dreaded evil Christians.
I watch a lot of news and I've heard it addressed one time. Once. By an atheist.

I realize I've been judgmental, though. Can you say the same or do you think your judgments of atheists are just facts you're pointing out?
Is saying that "atheism proceeds in almost all its manifestations from the assumption that the basic principles guiding the life of an individual and of mankind in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs or primitive instincts" a judgment of atheists? If so, how?

I watch a lot of news and I've heard it addressed one time. Once. By an atheist.
That's basis for your belief? Did you consider googling it before you implied Christians have been silent on the subject? Or did your bias against Christians prevent you from discovering the truth for yourself?

Is saying that "atheism proceeds in almost all its manifestations from the assumption that the basic principles guiding the life of an individual and of mankind in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs or primitive instincts" a judgment of atheists? If so, how?
Yes, that would be one example of a (incorrect) judgment. For the very reason you pointed our earlier that atheists have no official dogma. There are some atheists who believe that and some, including myself and most atheists I know, who think that there may be something at play regarding consciousness that goes beyond matter, that there's more to life than just stuff, and that, while we likely evolved morality, it's important to meet human standards and not indulge in the animal.

That's basis for your belief? Did you consider googling it before you implied Christians have been silent on the subject? Or did your bias against Christians prevent you from discovering the truth for yourself?
Yes, I have looked in the past and couldn't find a single movement - at least not one large enough to find without significant research which says a lot by itself. There are an endless number of things to make moral issues out of and the fact that media violence and violence in general isn't even on the radar is alarming. It ought to rank top 5 in any list of amoral things and religions are preoccupied with sex scenes and LGBT.

Yes, that would be one example of a (incorrect) judgment. For the very reason you pointed our earlier that atheists have no official dogma. There are some atheists who believe that and some, including myself and most atheists I know, who think that there may be something at play regarding consciousness that goes beyond matter, that there's more to life than just stuff, and that, while we likely evolved morality, it's important to meet human standards and not indulge in the animal.
It's not a judgement of atheists. It's a fact of atheism. Apparently one that makes you recoil. That you take being called a materialist - which is the accurate description of atheism - a judgement that you find insulting tells me you reject atheism.

Yes, I have looked in the past and couldn't find a single movement - at least not one large enough to find without significant research wimhuch says a lot by itself. There are an endless number of things to make moral issues out of and the fact that media violence and violence in general isn't even on the radar is alarming. It ought to rank top 5 in any list of amoral things and religions are preoccupied with sex scenes and LGBT.
Now it's a movement you seek? Ever hear the phrase moving goal posts? I'm starting to think you are wasting my time.

It's not a judgement of atheists. It's a fact of atheism. Apparently one that makes you recoil. That you take being called a materialist - which is the accurate description of atheism - a judgement that you find insulting tells me you reject atheism.
I just said I believe there may be more at work with regards to consciousness than matter and that there's more to life than just stuff. I am an extreme minimalist, myself. I don't meet either measure of materialism. Dontl't you have a false binary in your mind that there is no way to be open to things beyond science's reach without believing in god?

I just said I believe there may be more at work with regards to consciousness than matter and that there's more to life than just stuff. I am an extreme minimalist, myself. I don't meet either measure of materialism. Dontl't you have a false binary in your mind that there is no way to be open to things beyond science's reach without believing in god?
Atheists by definition are materialists. Everything which is incorporeal proceeds from the corporeal. There is no such thing as spirit or spiritualism. Spiritualism and every other feeling and emotion are nothing more than electro-chemical reactions of the central nervous system. There is no higher calling for humans. That's atheism. No judgement on my part. Just the facts.

Atheists by definition are materialists. Everything which is incorporeal proceeds from the corporeal

Materialist or immaterialist, we're running out of material to continue this thread. Pun intended. I'm sorry for being combative. There are better ways to have discussions. It's something I need to work on.

Please point out anything I said that was homophobic.

What I said was based on common sense and logic.

A) The Bible says that homosexuality is a sin.
B) Homosexuals don't want to believe that it is a sin.
C) So some (or many) homosexuals choose to disbelieve the Bible.

Are you claiming that's untrue?

The poster I was replying to has stated he is homosexual. I don't hate him at all, and I don't hate anyone for being different. I mean that would go against what I believe, so for you to try to paint my post that way says far more about you than it does about me.

Murder is a sin, and yet Christians do it constantly and consistently. In fact, they scream the name of their god while doing it, and spewing the lie that its done in "love"!!

Lying is a sin, and AGAIN......Christians constantly and consistently do this. They lie to themselves, they lie to others, they lie to their "leaders", and they lie when they preach their hypocrisy.

There are MANY, MANY, MAAAAAANNNNNYYYYY other things that you people preach are sins in your hypocrisy and lies, and yet, YOU LIVE YOUR LIVES ACCORDING TO THOSE SINS!!

And I think a man loving a man or a woman loving a woman on an adult/human basis is FAR FAR GREATER A POSITIVE thing than all the LIES Christians spew out every time they open their mouths. And I'm talking about REAL love, not sex, not all this garbage the media propagates, and what heteros believe in general, according to MISinformation thats been dragged across the centuries.

I said there's not even a squeak. Not even one mainstream movement to curb violence. Kids being graphically killed in shows meant for kids has become a new trend since about 7 years ago and no one speaks out. What effect do you think that has on kids, or anyone's minds for thst matter to see?

It's just one example where religion isn't addressing even of the most basic moral wrongs.
Those who do, you want to silence. Maybe you should become what you demand others become. Ultimately, the kids viewing this garbage are the children of YOUR people-- those who criticize all things God

Murder is a sin, and yet Christians do it constantly and consistently. In fact, they scream the name of their god while doing it, and spewing the lie that its done in "love"!!

Lying is a sin, and AGAIN......Christians constantly and consistently do this. They lie to themselves, they lie to others, they lie to their "leaders", and they lie when they preach their hypocrisy.

There are MANY, MANY, MAAAAAANNNNNYYYYY other things that you people preach are sins in your hypocrisy and lies, and yet, YOU LIVE YOUR LIVES ACCORDING TO THOSE SINS!!

And I think a man loving a man or a woman loving a woman on an adult/human basis is FAR FAR GREATER A POSITIVE thing than all the LIES Christians spew out every time they open their mouths. And I'm talking about REAL love, not sex, not all this garbage the media propagates, and what heteros believe in general, according to MISinformation thats been dragged across the centuries.
You just keep throwing the dumbest shit against the wall. You are doing Satan's wirk

No, I can't hate you, thankfully. I dated soneone who believes what you believe and i know you think gays being sinful is a fact because it's in the bible. I don't think you realize you have a problem and it causes harm.
God says DONT ACT ON YOUR LUSTS.
You demand perverts have a special exemption. They don't.

They can do what they want in this perverted culture the God haters have pushed on us, but in the end your path will lead to eternal DEATH.
Make your choice. The consequences are yours too.

Point out where and when you see real Christians "murdering constantly"

It's going on in the Ukraine right now.
The Dems started this "war" to cover up their heinous money laundering scams, bio weapons labs, and Hunters dealings over there. Genocide from Democrats that have announced many, MANY times how Christian and god loving they are.

"The Crusades" was a war on humanity enacted by the religious "leaders", lasting almost 200 years, murdering, raping, pillaging, and destroying everything that didn't believe what THEY did!!!! MILLIONS of lives, property, forests, and even animals slaughtered and destroyed in the name of your god.

And I cannot count the hundreds of thousands of times I've heard a self-righteous Christian say "I hope god strikes you dead".

Yeah.........thats REAL Christianity.

God says DONT ACT ON YOUR LUSTS.
You demand perverts have a special exemption. They don't.

They can do what they want in this perverted culture the God haters have pushed on us, but in the end your path will lead to eternal DEATH.
Make your choice. The consequences are yours too.
Calling gay people perverts is like calling left-handed people Witches. Go on being superstitious and see where it gets you in life. What a totally empty and meaningless thing to make an issue out of - and hurt people who never did anything to you in the process. Way to go. Last post, au revoir

I honestly don't know what you had in mind, what Christians murder constantly?

ETA: I see you just posted a reply to Death Angel answering the same question, so now I know what you are talking about. I'll get back to this a little later, or I'm sure DA can respond to it.

I'm not sure what your background is, or what caused you to have so much hate for Christians.... can I ask you what church you grew up going to, if any?

I can't think of any Christians I personally know who are like that.

You see, what you don't seem to get is that there's a big difference between someone saying they're Christian in a cultural sense (in other words, someone who comes from a Christian background and may sometimes go to church) and someone who is born again, and truly walking with God, in a relationship that involves continual growth and transformation. The latter - someone who is truly regenerated - is not going to be lying all the time, murdering, or doing other horrible things that clearly go against God's will. The former? It's possible. But even then, you are making it sound like all Christians are evil monsters....which is a bit over the top, even in regard to cultural Christians.

Wow, again, I don't know what 'christians' you are around, but they certainly don't sound like christians according to Jesus' definition. Jesus said "you will know them by their fruit"..... and He also said, those who love God OBEY God.

If someone is continually not obeying God, and living their lives they way THEY want to.... then they don't love God, and they are almost certainly not saved.

Forum List

Back