A boy, a clock, and the anatomy of Islamophobic character assassination in 3 Acts

Brilliant OP, the right wing outrage over a boy and his clock is hilarious.

It got bigger because of that Ole right hand drawer I can make a situation out of this can't you get?

Would you like to try that again?

This time in English?

Running in and out of the house because I have frost approaching and this has been the best season ever. So I am posting on the run here.

The right hand drawer theory is something that we both came up with. Have a killing at a school. Right hand upper drawer. Destroy the second. These old playbooks still work for the dems.

What um, color is your crack?
The stuff in the drawer I mean...

:cuckoo:

You really want to keep dancing with me?

I have a date night in the bullring with Dante. You can attend and get schooled.

I for one admire Dante. Only one who ever took me on before.

I can nuke you in a minute Pogo and make you wished you'd died as a child but I like you so I never hurt you.

Back Dante. I'm good for not punishing you later. Well it will depend on my mood.

When I dance boys you better get ready.

It got bigger because of that Ole right hand drawer I can make a situation out of this can't you get?

This time in English?

Running in and out of the house because I have frost approaching and this has been the best season ever. So I am posting on the run here.

The right hand drawer theory is something that we both came up with. Have a killing at a school. Right hand upper drawer. Destroy the second. These old playbooks still work for the dems.

TD needs to put down the bong for a while.

The topic of the OP is ludicrous enough without stoner driveby posts.

If you dance to Secret Agent Man.

Oh I am so going down here.

You have to do a combo hully gully with a twist and shout.

This time in English?

You really want to keep dancing with me?

I have a date night in the bullring with Dante. You can attend and get schooled.

I for one admire Dante. Only one who ever took me on before.

I can nuke you in a minute Pogo and make you wished you'd died as a child but I like you so I never hurt you.

Back Dante. I'm good for not punishing you later. Well it will depend on my mood.

When I dance boys you better get ready.

What's that? Didn't hear you, I'm still rummaging through these ... um, drawers.
Kinda slows ya down when you don't know what you're looking for.

This time in English?

Just the way we used to dance and the way I can filter out people in my life,

Like the Animals versus War with Eric Burdon.Just a filter.

The main thing that went over people's heads......or they just ignored......is that the family are Sufi muslims.

Sufi's are like the Quakers of the middle east. They are straight up pacifists.....peace, love, tolerance, and all that stuff. Sufi's generally do not get involved in politics or jihad. Dictators in muslim countries usually ignore Sufi's because they pose no real threat to the government.

So I really have gotten a laugh over all of the posters here who keep dreaming up these arcane plots and conspiracy theory's involving the teenage boy Ahmed, his father, and the rest of the family. .... :cool:

The main thing that went over people's heads......or they just ignored......is that the family are Sufi muslims.

Sufi's are like the Quakers of the middle east. They are straight up pacifists.....peace, love, tolerance, and all that stuff. Sufi's generally do not get involved in politics or jihad. Dictators in muslim countries usually ignore Sufi's because they pose no real threat to the government.

So I really have gotten a laugh over all of the posters here who keep dreaming up these arcane plots and conspiracy theory's involving the teenage boy Ahmed, his father, and the rest of the family. .... :cool:

No no, you have to chant the mantra first -- "they all look alike to me"... "they all look alike to me..."

Every time some wag starts up about "them people are always setting bombs" I go --- "Sufis do this?" And suddenly it goes all quiet like a library. When their paved-over blanket stereotypes stop working they don't know what to do.

By the way does anyone want some crickets? I have a ton.

And before I forget, props to Coyote who I first saw point this out -- several days ago.

Critical Reviews:

Marcus Jauregui: An Irving teacher draws three lessons from Ahmed’s adventure

Lesson 1: Kids Make Mistakes

Ahmed is a young man who is still learning. He’s just a few weeks into his freshman year. Like all kids, he might have made a misjudgment along the way. Unfortunately, instead of having a crucial conversation to help him better understand our post-9/11 world — the only world he’s ever known — we missed an important teachable moment by jumping straight to the punitive path.

As educators in the 21st Century, we must provide our students with the skills they need to survive in a world that’s constantly changing. Our focus should be on equipping them with the knowledge they need to make better decisions in the future instead of punishing and stifling them. Ahmed believed his teachers would be excited about his invention. Instead he was met with fear.

Lesson 2: Adults Make Mistakes, Too

I wish I had space to write about all the times I got it wrong as an educator. Suffice it to say that in seven years of teaching, I have made more than my share of mistakes. I’m certain that the administrators at MacArthur High School didn’t wake up that morning with the intent of jailing a Muslim teenager. I’m also certain that throughout the course of the day, they struggled to make the right decision in this “damned-if-you-do/damned-if-you-don’t” world, where social media has become our courtroom.

Was the teacher right to question Ahmed’s invention? Yes. Should the police have interrogated a 14-year-old boy outside his parents’ presence? No. Were mistakes made? Certainly. Have the adults learned from this? I hope so. Only a handful of people will ever know how this situation played out throughout the course of the day. As an educator, I’m prepared to expect the unexpected. I’ve also learned that when I get it wrong, an apology goes a long way.​

the BIG ADULT mistake was that this NON-EVENT was transformed by adults
into a MEDIA CIRCUS --------the biggest offender ----by virtue of his office----
was BARACK OBAMA-------a stupid kid-----did a stupid thing------the principle did
what any responsibe principle would do------as did the cops------the whole issue
should have ended when the cops decided not to charge the kid with a crime. The kids could have been suspended for a week from school -------as a symbol of
"KIDS---THINK BEFORE YOU ACT"--------fake bomb threats are a very bad
idea

His father is a mega muslim activist.

sheeesh tiny------I was TRYING to be polite and not blame the muzzie dad.
It is people like you who do not ALLOW me to be nice.-----you stand in the
way of my infinite GOOD WILL TO ALL PEOPLE

You really have to keep working on your delivery.

:lmao:

People paid big money for me. I know you are from the heart and I'd kill for one of you by my side. You are from the heart.
Really? Well, I have never put myself up for sale. LOL

This time in English?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

This time in English?

Just the way we used to dance and the way I can filter out people in my life,

Like the Animals versus War with Eric Burdon.Just a filter.
Ok...this is the kind of talk we get from the Right in this "case".

How did this so called invention look like a clock?
If you knew anything about even the simplest electronics ..it would be easy the large red orange thingy is the read out or clock face
Nothing in the case remotely resembled explosives.
My guess is he bought the parts at radio shack

This time in English?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

You noticed that?
But--- but -- what if it's decoder-ring instructions on making a bomb?

giphy.gif

ahmeds sister admits to school suspension for making alledged bomb threat

Ahmed's Sister Admits School Suspension for Alleged Bomb Threat 3 Years Earlier
And I'd like to see the police report on that one.
if she was a juvenile I don't think you can
Well, sure. Right. If there IS a police report, eh?

If these asshats would only read their own links.... especially ones that have already been posted and dissected several times...

The link here, and every other one anybody has found, ALL base directly on the same single solitary source -- a Daily Beast interview where the sister recounts that she was accused by another schoolgirl...

Stop, re-read: "accused" by another schoolgirl -- in other words the same thing the Bigot Tree climbers are doing with clock-boy -- in a town already described as "a hotbed of Islamophobia".

"How dare you get accused of a bomb threat by us Islamophobes! What's the matter with ya??"

Well hey, if some Islamophobe schoolgirl said it, it must be true. There's a reliable source.

'Nother words, she's saying what her brother got accused of is part of a pattern.

Always think before posting.

Not to mention, an uncorroborated hearsay anecdote isn't exactly basis to establish fact. Was she so accused, or is that what she heard? What was going on between these two girls? Was she suspended at all? And if so was it for an unproven accusation? WAY too many questions in all that but it doesn't stop Dimbart and Jihandwash and the usual hair-on-fire motley crew from running down the field talkin' 'bout "hey, looka me! I've got a football!"

Nor have we heard it from the school. If there were something to it, would it not bolster their defense for how they acted here? But ... nothing. Every single story goes back to this one single statement.

Not to mention, an actual (real) bomb threat would be in the public record somewhere.

Always think before posting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back