A 3-year-old boy has died after falling out of a window at his family home and was then attacked and mauled to death by the family’s two pit bulls whe

A 3-year-old boy has died after falling out of a window at his family home and was then attacked and mauled to death by the family’s two pit bulls when he landed in the backyard.

---------------------------------------------------
I have no words....
I read another article on this horrific story. It said the dogs were going to be euthanized by the city. If there were responsible adults around (and it does not sound like there were) the dogs would have already been shot dead by family members and would only need disposal.
My thought is (not having more info than that article admittedly here) if that was the area shown where the dogs were kept, that was animal abuse in my opinion. Now, I want to clarify that I am not saying the dogs should not be put down after this horrific event, they should be....but they should never have been caged between those tight fitting buildings. Assuming the owners walked the dogs (although with reported level of filth/excessive feces doubtful) they were still negligent to keep them without a place to run. These types of conditions enforce aggressiveness without question. Horrible all around, but especially for that poor child.
Neglected abused undisciplined dogs become dangerous. Some people don't know any better or in fact, abuse them like that to make them mean and intimidating. My German Shepherd might kill you or bite the crap out of you, but only if you got inside the house or too close to the granddaughters outside, unexpectedly. When they slept cuddled up to her on the living room carpet, she would even growl at us if we tried to pick the sleeping baby up.

A 3-year-old boy has died after falling out of a window at his family home and was then attacked and mauled to death by the family’s two pit bulls when he landed in the backyard.

I have no words....
I read another article on this horrific story. It said the dogs were going to be euthanized by the city. If there were responsible adults around (and it does not sound like there were) the dogs would have already been shot dead by family members and would only need disposal.
My thought is (not having more info than that article admittedly here) if that was the area shown where the dogs were kept, that was animal abuse in my opinion. Now, I want to clarify that I am not saying the dogs should not be put down after this horrific event, they should be....but they should never have been caged between those tight fitting buildings. Assuming the owners walked the dogs (although with reported level of filth/excessive feces doubtful) they were still negligent to keep them without a place to run. These types of conditions enforce aggressiveness without question. Horrible all around, but especially for that poor child.
Neglected abused undisciplined dogs become dangerous. Some people don't know any better or in fact, abuse them like that to make them mean and intimidating. My German Shepherd might kill you or bite the crap out of you, but only if you got inside the house or too close to the granddaughters outside, unexpectedly. When they slept cuddled up to her on the living room carpet, she would even growl at us if we tried to pick the sleeping baby up.
German Shepherds are one of the best breeds for a variety of reasons...but you know this! lol

As a kid, my grandpa had various dogs at his farm...always a German Shepherd in the mix along with a few other strays that happened upon his property. One of the best dogs ever, named Caesar ironically, was in deed king of the farm for many years and helped my granddad herd in the cows.

I have no words....
I have owned pitbulls. I do not recommend having them around small children. There is definitely a trigger switch somewhere in that breed that makes them instantly mean and dangerous. Even the best trained ( my dogs) best treated (my dogs) most well kept ( my dogs) still have moments of inexplicable aggression.....seen it.

I have owned pitbulls. I do not recommend having them around small children. There is definitely a trigger switch somewhere in that breed that makes them instantly mean and dangerous. Even the best trained ( my dogs) best treated (my dogs) most well kept ( my dogs) still have moments of inexplicable aggression.....seen it.
IMO it is possible for a dog to have such a trigger switch. We had a pure bred Briard (herding dog) that would all of the sudden turn really mean for no reason. When he bit someone and had to be put down. While in the process of doing so, the vet gave him a calming shot. He suddenly went ballistic and started trying to bite everyone. Vet said he probably had some kind of brain tumor. Poor dog.

IMO it is possible for a dog to have such a trigger switch. We had a pure bred Briard (herding dog) that would all of the sudden turn really mean for no reason. When he bit someone and had to be put down. While in the process of doing so, the vet gave him a calming shot. He suddenly went ballistic and started trying to bite everyone. Vet said he probably had some kind of brain tumor. Poor dog.
Yes. With the pitbulls it's inherent I think.

Why do people who have small kids get PIT BULLS and other breeds that are known to kill children so often....

And how odd that 3 year old would "fall" out of window---even tiny infants have depth perception and when given safe tests (glass over model cities) even small just crawling infants of atleast average iq avoid traveling over the areas that would create a optical illusion of falling......

Something wrong in this household and with these people more than just the dogs.

Good question.

Yes. With the pitbulls it's inherent I think.

Dogs other than pit bulls have been trained to fight and kill. Some acquaintances of ours 'rescued' a couple of boxers from a dog fighting ring. Those dogs ended up biting their children and killing their other pets. Go after the trainers and breeders of these canine killing machines.

I have read that article before. It's true that they can be teddy bears. However I must warn you they can also be killers.... any of them. It needs to be forensically studied because I believe it to be a hardwired behavior.

Why do people who have small kids get PIT BULLS and other breeds that are known to kill children so often....

And how odd that 3 year old would "fall" out of window---even tiny infants have depth perception and when given safe tests (glass over model cities) even small just crawling infants of atleast average iq avoid traveling over the areas that would create a optical illusion of falling......

Something wrong in this household and with these people more than just the dogs.
Yeah OR something wrong with the link to the article, it says 'not found.'

I have read that article before. It's true that they can be teddy bears. However I must warn you they can also be killers.... any of them. It needs to be forensically studied because I believe it to be a hardwired behavior.
Any dog can be a killer if trained as I already posted.

Any dog can be a killer if trained as I already posted.
Sure....still I think that some breeds are more prone to it.
The pits were manipulated genetically for certain qualities...such things never fail to have unintended consequences. I can't remember the last time I read about a shepherd or a golden retriever flipping out and mauling a kid. It's usually the
Rotty, mastiff, dobey, pitbull....group. most often however it seems to be the pitbulls. I owned two blue nosed beauties....loved them to death. Yet they had their moments.

Forum List

Back