9 Yr Olds Abortion Draws Catholic Excommunication

I get the impression that KG would have preferred the nine year old give birth, no matter what danger to her.

I'm not surprised, since I've repeatedly said in this thread that I am not advocating that at all....I'm just bemoaning the fact that the people who screech "ABORTION FIRST, MOST AND ALWAYS" based on the danger to the girl fail to register the danger of abortion itself.

Anyone might die when they give birth. That isn't the whole story.

She MIGHT have died getting an abortion, too.

And she WOULD have died if she didn't have the abortion. The doctors said as much unless you are also presuming to know better than the doctors. The kid was going to die because of what an adult males were going to force on her, the first with the pregnancy and the others from misguided and unbending belief that it's what God wants. I'm glad the mother used common sense and took matters into her own hands. I hope the mother realizes she is better off without the Catholic Church and now can explore new churches that will be more understanding and helpful.

BTW did the church ever offer to foot the kids medical bills? Maybe offer to pay for the best doctors to see if she could safely deliver the twins? I don't seem to get an answer to this question. Seems to me his holiness can dress in some less expensive material without the Bullion embroidery and maybe some payless shoes instead of those high end Italian leather loafers he always wears. Hell I'll spring for a gift card to Payless so he can get the pair he wants. Anybody know? Did they put thier money where their mouth is and offer to pay or did they just consider the matter closed once they pronounced the death sentence on the child and said no abortion?

Last edited:
Oh, that's not an impression. That's exactly what KG and Mal are saying.

I can see my daughter at age 9 in my mind's eye. Like a colt, all gangly, long and slender.

I went through 43 hours of labor, nevermind the nine months preceding, and no. I would not put a child through that.

But - but what? What's that shit Mal always spews?

"That's just me."

I can see my daughter at age 9 in my mind's eye. Like a colt, all gangly, long and slender.

I went through 43 hours of labor, nevermind the nine months preceding, and no. I would not put a child through that.

"That's just me."

One miscarriage and two very difficult pregnancy's that I had to have emergency c-sections. 16 blood draws in one day, hanging upside down trying to stablize me,blood pressure out of control, Hemmoraging with the miscarriage so much I needed a couple unit's of blood and had blood clots the size of golf balls, migraines, incredible pain in my spine shooting up to my head, retained so much water I had stretch marks on my fingers and carple tunnel so bad from the swelling I couldn't lift a pencil. Sure lets let a 9 year old baby go through all that. Men are clueless when it comes to giving birth. Guys,imagine squeezing a watermelon out your ass and you pretty much have a decent comparison. I once heard something that I think describes it best.

Birth is as dangerous to women as war is dangerous to men. .

Go through it? SHIT. They can barely read about it. One mention of a blood clot the size of a piece of liver hitting the toilet so hard it splashes? They're green, man. Totally green. Possibly fainted.

Actually--it seems like I am the only man reading the board at the moment.

And, no, I don't want to think about squeezing a watermelon out of my butt.

Arrgghhh--I just did! Wait--I think I just equated that to taken a regular dump so no I probably did not.

I wonder--what if the girl did bear the children and died.

Would the priest excommunicate the father for endangering the childs life in such a way that it lead to her?

I don't remember hearing of such a case where a rapist was kicked out of a church due to the death of a victim during child birth. Even so, considering the changes to health and child bearing practices over the past 2 milleniums, I believe there must be numerous cases in which the victim died during pregnacy/child bearing.

Women Die during Childbirth...

How many of the 9 year olds that have attempted to give Birth have Died so far?...

:)

peace...

"That's just me."

You'd Kill 2 Babies... One Crime Leading to another... Got it.

At least you are Proud of you want to Murder the Most Innoncent. :thup:

peace...

"That's just me."

peace...

:fu:

"That's just me."

peace...

:fu:

How many Abortions have you had?

peace...

I wonder--what if the girl did bear the children and died.

Would the priest excommunicate the father for endangering the childs life in such a way that it lead to her?

I don't remember hearing of such a case where a rapist was kicked out of a church due to the death of a victim during child birth. Even so, considering the changes to health and child bearing practices over the past 2 milleniums, I believe there must be numerous cases in which the victim died during pregnacy/child bearing.

Women Die during Childbirth...

How many of the 9 year olds that have attempted to give Birth have Died so far?...

peace...

That is a good question.

How many nine year olds attempted to give birth and how many have survived.

On the other hand, I don't think many nine year olds would be allowed to give birth, let alone have sex.
This is due to their parents forbidden them to do anything that would endanger their life.

I can understand why the 9 year old had the abortion now. Too young and undeveloped to bear children--better wait until she is older so that her body can handle the stress better.

So no--the anti-abortion beliefs of the church is too restrictive to account for all situations. The 9 year should have an abortion.

That is a good question.

How many nine year olds attempted to give birth and how many have survived.

On the other hand, I don't think many nine year olds would be allowed to give birth, let alone have sex.
This is due to their parents forbidden them to do anything that would endanger their life.

I can understand why the 9 year old had the abortion now. Too young and undeveloped to bear children--better wait until she is older so that her body can handle the stress better.

So no--the anti-abortion beliefs of the church is too restrictive to account for all situations. The 9 year should have an abortion.

I was thinking about this while taking my morning walk...I find it so very hard to believe that anyone could be so...so accepting of a 9 year being pregnant and giving birth. I think of my daughter when she was 9 and it makes me shutter with loathing at the thought. To think that someone wouldn't loath the idea and even make light of it....well...there's some pretty gruesome monsters in THAT psyche.

And she WOULD have died if she didn't have the abortion. The doctors said as much unless you are also presuming to know better than the doctors. The kid was going to die because of what an adult males were going to force on her, the first with the pregnancy and the others from misguided and unbending belief that it's what God wants. I'm glad the mother used common sense and took matters into her own hands. I hope the mother realizes she is better off without the Catholic Church and now can explore new churches that will be more understanding and helpful.

BTW did the church ever offer to foot the kids medical bills? Maybe offer to pay for the best doctors to see if she could safely deliver the twins? I don't seem to get an answer to this question. Seems to me his holiness can dress in some less expensive material without the Bullion embroidery and maybe some payless shoes instead of those high end Italian leather loafers he always wears. Hell I'll spring for a gift card to Payless so he can get the pair he wants. Anybody know? Did they put thier money where their mouth is and offer to pay or did they just consider the matter closed once they pronounced the death sentence on the child and said no abortion?

Oh bullshit. One doctor (unnamed) said she was at risk if she carried the babies to term...and of course she was.

But you morons refuse to acknowledge...the abortion also puts her at risk. Just as great a risk as the child birth.

Oh bullshit. One doctor (unnamed) said she was at risk if she carried the babies to term...and of course she was.

But you morons refuse to acknowledge...the abortion also puts her at risk. Just as great a risk as the child birth.
Bull shit.

Forum List

Back