9-11 Teardrop Memorial~

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I got this in an email today:

Tearsofgriefbayonne.jpg

This teardrop was made and installed by Russians to honor those killed in the 9-11 terrorist attacks and to stand as a statement against terrorism.

I had never seen this until I got it in an email today. I didn't even believe it, so I looked it up on Snopes:

snopes.com: Tear Drop 9/11 Monument

Who'd have thunk that?

Thanks Sunny, I did not know... and I'm glad I do now.

Thanks Russia. That's very cool.

And notice the Snopes article was 2009. WTF? Where was the press?

Busy. It's only Russia.

Shame on the media for not covering this better.

They covered it just fine. The memorial is not in Russia, it was created by a Russian artist and displayed in Bayonne NJ, across the hudson from NYC.

Snopes even lists the articles from the NYT and other sources that they used for their entry at the end of their article.

Busy. It's only Russia.

They covered it just fine. The memorial is not in Russia, it was created by a Russian artist and displayed in Bayonne NJ, across the hudson from NYC.

Snopes even lists the articles from the NYT and other sources that they used for their entry at the end of their article.
it is still a wonderful gesture ...:clap2::clap2:

It has been up for at least five years now. If you take a cruise out of Bayonne, you can see it as you approach the port

Busy. It's only Russia.

It could have been covered better. You are correct it is not in Russia. The Snopes article tells where it is.

Busy. It's only Russia.

I didn't say it's in Russia. I meant it was from Russia.

The French errected a scale replica of the twin towers today, by the Eiffel Tower with the words "France Will Never Forget".

I thought that was very nice of them.

Busy. It's only Russia.

I didn't say it's in Russia. I meant it was from Russia.

I think it was Radioman who misread to to have said it was in Russia.

But if it had gotten half the press that the ground zero mosque did, more people would know about it.

Forum List

Back