81-year-old Ohio man charged with murder for shooting Black Uber driver

Yet, when you put heroin in my trunk, and I get caught, I am going to jail, and may stay in jail, if I can not prove my innocence.

But that is not what happened. The Uber driver came to pick up a package, and was told that the supposed package was part of a crime, at that point the Uber driver did become aware that she was participating in a crime, at which point she refused to cooperate.

Sad, all she had to do was help the poor old man, who obviously was at his wits-end. Fed up. Most likely the police were aware and did nothing, which also led to this tragic incident.

Either way, the Uber driver was told they were participating in a crime, the news article makes that clear.
You dipshit. If a camera saw you were not involved like this lady was on camera not being involved you’d be free. And they have to prove you put the heroine in your trunk beyond a reasonable doubt. This woman according to the article simply drove to pick up a package like Uber does all the time. You don’t get to select your Uber driver. It is random. She was not involved according to the report i read.

You dipshit. If a camera saw you were not involved like this lady was on camera not being involved you’d be free. And they have to prove you put the heroine in your trunk beyond a reasonable doubt. This woman according to the article simply drove to pick up a package like Uber does all the time. You don’t get to select your Uber driver. It is random. She was not involved according to the report i read.
The camera proves she was involved, she came for a package in association of a crime. Does not matter if she was ignorant or not. Further, she was told she was part of the crime at which point she refused to cooperate.

And yes, if the border agents find Heroin in my trunk, I am going to jail, and most likely I will also be convicted. You are very much naive as to how so many innocent people ended up in jail.

But go ahead and try it, have someone put heroin in your trunk, get yourself stopped by the police, and see how long you remain free.

And they have to prove you put the heroine in your trunk beyond a reasonable doubt.
No, at that point it would be up to you to prove your innocence. The contraband is in your possession, the assumption is that it's yours.

Bad analogy.

The man in the story is guilty of murder. He was not being physically threatened, and neither was anyone else. It was outside his home. She was trying to withdraw. He pursued her and shot her 3 times. You can't do that- it is an illegal use of deadly force in any jurisdiction.

He should have reported the call to the police, even though they would not have done anything. When she arrived at his house, he would have been able to call them again, and maybe they would have responded and made an attempt to catch the uber scammer.

It's a tragic event, but he will spend the rest of his days behind bars which is what he deserves.

Did you watch the dashcam video? Did she look like a threat? But yeah, some dude is pointing a gun and me and refuses to let me leave I would fight back as well...I guess you would just go "yes sir, whatever you say
Now play the other side.

Someone calls and claims they have abducted your child and they are sending someone to pick up the ransom money.

Are you just going to let that person leave?

Last edited:
Old white man unable to control his emotions. Animals like that need to be locked away from society
He was told a loved one had been kidnapped for ransom and if he didn't pay both his loved one and himself would be killed.

That might put anyone into a highly charged emotional state.

He was told a loved one had been kidnapped for ransom and if he didn't pay both his loved one and himself would be killed.

That might put anyone into a highly charged emotional state.
A highly charged emotional state is no excuse to shoot an innocent person

Now play the other side.

Someone calls and claims they have abducted your child and they are sending someone to pick up the ransom money.

Are you just going to let that person leave?

I would call my children to see if they are safe. I would not shoot some random woman,

A highly charged emotional state is no excuse to shoot an innocent person
Nope...but it is certainly a mitigating circumstance.

And I'm sure the ransom seeker didn't say "I'm sending an Innocent Uber driver to pick up the ransom".

He likely said "I sending someone to pick up the money".

See, the problem is, YOU know the outcome. YOU know the driver is innocent.

If this story was posted real time you would have a totally different experience. An experience more like the old man.

1) man calls claiming he has kidnapped your child and if you don't pay he will murder your child and then you.

2) the kidnapper/extortionist says to put $12,000 in a box which he will send someone to pick up.

3) there is a knock on the door and a person says they're there to pick up the package.

There is no four. That's your information.

Now what do you do?

You decide to hold them for the police.

They claim they're just an innocent uber driver. You're 81 years old and don't even know what Uber is.

I recently learned from the Don Lemon/Elon Musk interview that stupid people do not have the ability to think in hypotheticals...it's an abstract higher thought process that those with lower IQs just aren't capable of achieving.

So give it a try...put yourself in that scenario without knowing the outcome.

In fact...LET'S CHANGE THE OUTCOME.

The driver IS in on an actual kidnapping of your child.

Go!

See the hypothetical above.

According to the news he knew it was a scam.

An 81-year-old Ohio man has been charged with murder after he allegedly shot and killed an Uber driver he thought was trying to scam him.

1) call goes to voicemail.

2) not a "random woman"...a woman sent to retrieve a kidnapping ransom.

A gunshot immediately gets fired and Brock says, "Nope. You’re not leaving," and demanding her to give him the phone.

Hall can be heard horrifically screaming for help when five more shots are fired off, followed by Brock, again, telling her to give him her phone.

Hall continued to scream, and the dash footage captured Brock saying he would shoot her in the head.

"Don’t do that. Please don’t," Hall said.

He is guilty also. he had no reason to shoot her multiple times.
Play the scenario above where she IS an accomplice and there is an actual kidnapping and ransom...then get back to be.

It's easy when you know all the facts at the facts at the end...it was a scam call and the driver wasn't an accomplice.

But in the moment you don't have those facts neatly laid out for you to peruse at your leisure.

Play the scenario above where she IS an accomplice and there is an actual kidnapping and ransom...then get back to be.

It's easy when you know all the facts at the facts at the end...it was a scam call and the driver wasn't an accomplice.

But in the moment you don't have those facts neatly laid out for you to peruse at your leisure.

From Foxnews....

A gunshot immediately gets fired and Brock says, "Nope. You’re not leaving," and demanding her to give him the phone.

Hall can be heard horrifically screaming for help when five more shots are fired off, followed by Brock, again, telling her to give him her phone.

Hall continued to scream, and the dash footage captured Brock saying he would shoot her in the head.

"Don’t do that. Please don’t," Hall said.

He might have gotten away with it if not for the Dashcam.

According to the news he knew it was a scam.

An 81-year-old Ohio man has been charged with murder after he allegedly shot and killed an Uber driver he thought was trying to scam him.

That's the news' words...not his.

Forum List

Back