81-year-old Ohio man charged with murder for shooting Black Uber driver

You don’t have to give anyone what they demand in that situation. However you do not have to steal their phone nor hold them at gunpoint. There be the rub.

Nobody has said you must be a victim. But your responses to crime must be legal. His were not. Another in a long line of entitled White guys who think they can do whatever and just scream I was defending myself.
in that situation, you left out a lot in your comment, I will fix it

You don't have to give the victim of a kidnapping crime what they demand while you participate in the kidnapping or crime. However the victim of the kidnapping does not have to attempt to collect the phone which is evidence nor hold the suspect at gunpoint who came to pick up the cash/package. There be the rub.

The story says, everyone says, pick up the package that was to contain ransom money.

Why would anyone not cooperate when told that they were participating in a crime?

Sadly, we most likely will never know. Sadly, we dont have video of the entire incident.
That is a great point. I think another thing we can ask is the history of the 81-year-old man. Why would he just shoot someone out of nowhere. The guy lived 80 years as a good citizen in this country.

Thanks for providing important details on the case. People in this country have a right to protect themselves. They have a right to fight back against scammers.

The driver did not know it was a package of money, thus she did not ask for money.
I did not know it was a school zone and there were no children present when I got a ticket for doing 30mph in a 20mph school zone.

Ignorance is not a defense.

Yet, the driver did ask for a package that contained money. I do not expect an 81 year old man to not suspect that the person at his door asking for what he knows is money in a kidnapping crime is not involved. Only an idiot would not suspect that the person at the door asking for what is known to be a package of money, is not involved.

I would of gave my phone to the man, I would of said I will stay and tell the police all the details. I would not of fled.

The Uber driver was simply trying to pick up a package that Uber was contracted to deliver. She did nothing illegal at all.
Uber drivers don’t pick up a package. They pick up passengers or they go to a restaurant and pick up food and deliver the food. I know this because I worked for Uber previously.

in that situation, you left out a lot in your comment, I will fix it

You don't have to give the victim of a kidnapping crime what they demand while you participate in the kidnapping or crime. However the victim of the kidnapping does not have to attempt to collect the phone which is evidence nor hold the suspect at gunpoint who came to pick up the cash/package. There be the rub.

Oh bullshit. He could have, should have called 911 to alert the cops. Instead he decided to thwart the imagined scam, and capture an innocent bystander. That’s the thing about the use of force. It’s a bet your life action. If you are wrong, you are the one going to jail.

That is a great point. I think another thing we can ask is the history of the 81-year-old man. Why would he just shoot someone out of nowhere. The guy lived 80 years as a good citizen in this country.

Thanks for providing important details on the case. People in this country have a right to protect themselves. They have a right to fight back against scammers.
We do not have to speculate that he shot somebody for no reason. The reason is clear in the story. And yes, we should know his history.

And we should know the Uber driver history as well.

And the Uber driver should know the history of Uber as well. That history being this is not the first time an Uber driver was shot and killed. I wonder, what exactly does Uber teach their drivers. It seems like an awful dangerous thing, to send Uber drivers to random houses to pick up packages and deliver them.

I wonder how many Uber drivers pick up packages of heroin and drug money, delivering illicit goods, participating in crimes. This is an excellent way to circumvent arrest, use Uber to commit the crimes, Uber claims they were only being the, "mule", the drug runner. Only picking up packages!

This is an outrage. Fuck Uber, they are committing crimes and now they know it, now we all know it. It is guaranteed that across the nation Uber drivers are delivering drugs and money, participating in crimes.

If inadvertently running a person over as an Uber driver is vehicular manslaughter, than this is just as much a crime.

The difference between criminals and the victims, sometimes comes down to cooperation.

I did not know it was a school zone and there were no children present when I got a ticket for doing 30mph in a 20mph school zone.

Ignorance is not a defense.

Ignorance of the law is not a defense. That is not what happened here.

Again, no matter how many times you parrot this lie, it will still be a lie

This seems like another story of, "let the black people rob old white men".

Do not defend yourself from crime,

Yes, this the agenda.

And, this points out the hazards of using 'sub-contractors' in their private vehicles over legitimate businesses with drivers in company vehicles. The guy should do community service for a year or two and leave it at that.

We do not have to speculate that he shot somebody for no reason. The reason is clear in the story.

Yes, he shot someone because he thought he was being scammed. That is not a legal reason to shoot someone.

Thus the dude will spend the rest of his days in prions where he belongs

We do not have to speculate that he shot somebody for no reason. The reason is clear in the story. And yes, we should know his history.

And we should know the Uber driver history as well.

And the Uber driver should know the history of Uber as well. That history being this is not the first time an Uber driver was shot and killed. I wonder, what exactly does Uber teach their drivers. It seems like an awful dangerous thing, to send Uber drivers to random houses to pick up packages and deliver them.

I wonder how many Uber drivers pick up packages of heroin and drug money, delivering illicit goods, participating in crimes. This is an excellent way to circumvent arrest, use Uber to commit the crimes, Uber claims they were only being the, "mule", the drug runner. Only picking up packages!

This is an outrage. Fuck Uber, they are committing crimes and now they know it, now we all know it. It is guaranteed that across the nation Uber drivers are delivering drugs and money, participating in crimes.

If inadvertently running a person over as an Uber driver is vehicular manslaughter, than this is just as much a crime.

The difference between criminals and the victims, sometimes comes down to cooperation.
Well I can tell you that Uber does not care about its drivers. They are one of the worst companies to work for. They only care about money. They fire their drivers for the flimsiest of reasons. Customers often lie about a bad ride just to get a free ride, and then the driver gets fired.

This leftwing story is thin on details. For example it says the woman posed no physical threat to him, so how did the old man "get injured to his head"? Did the tooth fairy hit him?

Yes, the story is not believable on its face. It's not a real news site, just a gossip rag for the low IQ black demographic.

They then claimed to be kidnappers, a Federal felony and violent to boot. Blame the crooks for this result, not some old guy targeted by criminals.

Oh bullshit. He could have, should have called 911 to alert the cops. Instead he decided to thwart the imagined scam, and capture an innocent bystander. That’s the thing about the use of force. It’s a bet your life action. If you are wrong, you are the one going to jail.
He did call 911, he did alert the police.

It was not an imagined scam, you made that up, in order to sway your argument into be believable. You are a liar, it was not imagined, at all.

It was not an innocent bystander, she came to the door to collect the ransom. The package. Criminals of course do not announce that they are here to collect the money for the kidnapping. They will simply state, I am here for the package, not admitting guilt or participation in the crime.

And that is the thing about guns, it is better to be caught with a gun then to be caught without the gun. And the other things about guns, don't fight with the person holding the gun, cooperate, and most likely you will never ever be shot.

It's just labor racketeering. The company can pretend they're not employees.

Last edited:

It was not an imagined scam, you made that up, in order to sway your argument into be believable. You are a liar, it was not imagined, at all.

It was not an innocent bystander, she came to the door to collect the ransom. The package. Criminals of course do not announce that they are here to collect the money for the kidnapping. They will simply state, I am here for the package, not admitting guilt or participation in the crime.

And that is the thing about guns, it is better to be caught with a gun then to be caught without the gun. And the other things about guns, don't fight with the person holding the gun, cooperate, and most likely you will never ever be shot.

So if the UPS driver shows up and says he has a pick up order in the system you shoot him?

They do pickups don’t they?

And they drive identifiable company vehicles and and wear uniforms.

Your obsession with railroading white people is duly noted. You can now send flowers to your local George Floyd mural in honor of your efforts.

She was dispatched by uber

Its almost impossible for her to be part of a criminal conspiracy

Forum List

Back