80% OF PEOPLE GETTING PUBLIC HOUSING BENEFITS VOTE DEMOCRAT

not really because businesses will fire, lay off and raise prices or close down altogether.

A complete myth

Myth: Increasing the minimum wage will cause people to lose their jobs.

Not true: In a letter to President Obama and congressional leaders urging a minimum wage increase, more than 600 economists, including 7 Nobel Prize winners wrote, "In recent years there have been important developments in the academic literature on the effect of increases in the minimum wage on employment, with the weight of evidence now showing that increases in the minimum wage have had little or no negative effect on the employment of minimum-wage workers, even during times of weakness in the labor market. Research suggests that a minimum-wage increase could have a small stimulative effect on the economy as low-wage workers spend their additional earnings, raising demand and job growth, and providing some help on the jobs front."

Minimum Wage Mythbusters - U.S. Department of Labor

Lmao...

Those 600 economist don't own a business and what happened when we raised minimum wage the last time in 2007?

2007 unemployment rate 5.0%

unemploment rate 2007

2008 unemployment rate 6.0%

Unemployment rate reaches highest level in over 14 years (Jobs Picture, November 7, 2008)
Yes 2008, I wonder what happened that year to cause UE to rise? Did it rain funny that year?

Hey moon just playing the liberal card, like we have to hear from them constantly ignoring history, taking it out of context when we had a 90% tax bracket.

If they want to ignore history so can I.
So you really are a liberal, I knew it!

?

And this is a bad thing? People in public housing, housing that keeps a roof over there heads, generally support the party that wants to protect them.

A complete myth

Myth: Increasing the minimum wage will cause people to lose their jobs.

Not true: In a letter to President Obama and congressional leaders urging a minimum wage increase, more than 600 economists, including 7 Nobel Prize winners wrote, "In recent years there have been important developments in the academic literature on the effect of increases in the minimum wage on employment, with the weight of evidence now showing that increases in the minimum wage have had little or no negative effect on the employment of minimum-wage workers, even during times of weakness in the labor market. Research suggests that a minimum-wage increase could have a small stimulative effect on the economy as low-wage workers spend their additional earnings, raising demand and job growth, and providing some help on the jobs front."

Minimum Wage Mythbusters - U.S. Department of Labor

Lmao...

Those 600 economist don't own a business and what happened when we raised minimum wage the last time in 2007?

2007 unemployment rate 5.0%

unemploment rate 2007

2008 unemployment rate 6.0%

Unemployment rate reaches highest level in over 14 years (Jobs Picture, November 7, 2008)
Yes 2008, I wonder what happened that year to cause UE to rise? Did it rain funny that year?

Hey moon just playing the liberal card, like we have to hear from them constantly ignoring history, taking it out of context when we had a 90% tax bracket.

If they want to ignore history so can I.
So you really are a liberal, I knew it!

?
That is a common reply to posts by moonbutthead.

If democrats didnt buy votes with this kind of stuff, they wouldnt be able to win elections.

Weird, not sure how that works because I've never gotten any of that and voted Dem. Is there somewhere to pick up the payoff?

81% of people receiving public housing benefits vote Democratic – and that’s just the tip of the handout iceberg

not surprising..look at the rest-

A survey by the Maxwell Poll on the political affiliation of those receiving government aid showed this to be the case.

Type of Benefit Received Percent Voting Democrat Percent Voting Republican
Public Housing
81%

12%

Medicaid
74%

16%

Food Stamps
67%

20%

Unemployment Compensation
66%

21%

Disability (from Govt.)
64%

25%

Welfare/Public Assistance
63%

22%

Democrats are the top higher numbers in all cases.

Attributing the problem to red states is false; the problem lies in the blue parts of the red states.

Read more at 81% of people receiving public housing benefits vote Democratic – and that’s just the tip of the handout iceberg
I'm not surprised at all. Repubs don't do jack shit for the poor. Why would they vote republican?

Billy, you're a fool! Why would anyone who is told they are lazy nothings who mooch off the system not attracted to that message? Its a winner!

Attributing the problem to red states is false; the problem lies in the blue parts of the red states.

Read more at 81% of people receiving public housing benefits vote Democratic – and that’s just the tip of the handout iceberg

So you're saying because people who are in poverty or who are poor are more likely to vote democrat, therefore the problem for their poverty is with the democrats?

That makes no sense.
I'm not saying I believe this but think about it. Which party promises the most free stuff?

So you're saying because people who are in poverty or who are poor are more likely to vote democrat, therefore the problem for their poverty is with the democrats?

That makes no sense.
I'm not saying I believe this but think about it. Which party promises the most free stuff?

None...No one promises free anything.

That makes no sense.

Probably the same ones who puts a $10 dollar tax on their cigarettes, puts on them a 10% sales tax and don't worry they don't know how to do math because they didn't graduate from high school...

Just offer them an obama phone!!!!!!!-

They will vote for democrats :)

That makes no sense.

Depends what you mean by free stuff.

Democrats might offer more in the way of welfare to the poor.
Republicans might offer the rich tax breaks, wars which they can make money out of, etc etc.

That makes no sense.
I think what it shows is that Democrats are the most likely to be irresponsible and or generally lazy.

That makes no sense.
I think what it shows is that Democrats are the most likely to be irresponsible and or generally lazy.

That's what you think huh? Based on what? Based on partisan nonsense?

I would say it shows that both sides are irresponsible and lazy and corrupt too.

And this is a bad thing? People in public housing, housing that keeps a roof over there heads, generally support the party that wants to protect them.
The party that wants to keep them poor and miserable, is what you mean.
The point of poverty programs is supposed to be to end poverty. But with Demcorats those programs promote poverty.

That makes no sense.

That's what you think huh? Based on what? Based on partisan nonsense?

I would say it shows that both sides are irresponsible and lazy and corrupt too.
Yeah, not even close buddy.

That makes no sense.

Depends what you mean by free stuff.

Democrats might offer more in the way of welfare to the poor.
Republicans might offer the rich tax breaks, wars which they can make money out of, etc etc.
Who is offering the rich tax breaks? Democrats practice crony capitalism on a scale that makes the GOP blush.

That makes no sense.

None...No one promises free anything.
How do you figure that?
what are all these social programs and benefits for the poor and non-working? If you get a phone and dont have to pay for it, is it free?
or do you mean, its not free because someone else pays for it.
please define.

The point of poverty programs is supposed to be to end poverty. But with Demcorats those programs promote poverty.
Bullshit, the programs are proven to help people get out of poverty, and taking measurements post 2008 to determine the effectiveness of programs the number of the poor isn't a good way to do things.

Bullshit, the programs are proven to help people get out of poverty, and taking measurements post 2008 to determine the effectiveness of programs the number of the poor isn't a good way to do things.
LOL! We have more people on gov't assistance now than ever before. Even in a recovery the number of recipients of federal aid has grown.
Poverty programs produce poverty, which is what Dems want since their voter base is those people.

Forum List

Back