8 things to stop mass shooters, that won't stop mass shooters, and are pretty dumb ideas....

From your link
Defense Attorney Ralph Staples, who has beaten several SVF charges on behalf of his clients, said investigators tend to throw a wide net when several people are arrested in the vicinity of a gun and then wait for forensic results to pursue charges against the right suspect.

“I’m one of four guys in a car. There’s dope in the car. There’s a gun in the car. The dope belongs to somebody. The gun belongs to somebody, not all four of us.

That was only for a PORTION of the arrests not all of them

What is our violent criminal incarceration rate vs other countries?

Don't know don't care.

I know the average sentence served in the USA for a violent criminal offence is less than 5 years.
You argument is dependent on it. Seems your argument is weak.

It's not dependent on what other countries do.
I don't give a fuck what other countries do.
I am talking about this country and what WE do to punish violent pieces of shit

I noticed that noting was said about enforcing the thousands of gun laws we already have on the books or adopting a zero tolerance for all crimes committed while in the possession of a gun that is backed up by stiff mandatory sentences to be served with no parole.
How many mass shootings would that stop?

You suggesting cops aren't enforcing laws?
Killing people with guns is already illegal. The few we do have, those laws did not stop them.

Blaming the gun for killers is like you blaming your fork for being fat.
So you think easy access to mass killing guns is a good idea? Easy tends to increase how often something happens. It's easy to eat and get fat, not so easy to lose the weight.

The "mass killing" argument while great for emotional thinkers who are swayed by shock value falls apart when you realize that 1% of all murder occurs in mass shootings.

My truck and snow plow can easily be a "mass killing" weapon if I want them to be.

So you want mass killers to have all options available?

It's easy to close roads for big events.
I don't want you curtailing the rights of law-abiding citizens from your fears.

Taking away access to firearms that look scary is the equivalent of taking away a Honda Civic from everyone because one drunk driver killed a bunch of people with a Honda Civic.

Killing people with guns is already illegal. The few we do have, those laws did not stop them.

So you think easy access to mass killing guns is a good idea? Easy tends to increase how often something happens. It's easy to eat and get fat, not so easy to lose the weight.

The "mass killing" argument while great for emotional thinkers who are swayed by shock value falls apart when you realize that 1% of all murder occurs in mass shootings.

My truck and snow plow can easily be a "mass killing" weapon if I want them to be.

It's easy to drive through sawhorses used to close roads too.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you this but no law will stop a person hell bent on murder from committing murder.

And telling people who will never commit murder that they can't have a gun because someone else might kill someone with a gun is beyond stupid

And that makes it easy for law enforcement to recognize and stop threat.

Taking away access to firearms that look scary is the equivalent of taking away a Honda Civic from everyone because one drunk driver killed a bunch of people with a Honda Civic.
Nobody has the right to be a mass killer.

I noticed that noting was said about enforcing the thousands of gun laws we already have on the books or adopting a zero tolerance for all crimes committed while in the possession of a gun that is backed up by stiff mandatory sentences to be served with no parole.

So you are think easy access to mass killing guns is a good idea? Easy tends to increase how often something happens. It's easy to eat and get fat, not so easy to lose the weight.
Lets start with this nonsense of "mass killing guns". He had semi-automatic weapons, some of which were converted to automatic. None of the guns he had were easily accessed, were they? In each case, he had to have a background check performed, which he did. In every case, he passed that background check.

Next let's tackle this talking point about mass killings. First, the metric for mass killings is all over the place and there is no set definition. So, people like you will use whatever metric you want to make whatever point you have seemed reasonable, but your points are not reasonable.

Finally, the entire discussion has to be taken in with an eye to the entire context of the incident. In a nation of 100+ million guns, 99% of which are NOT used in any kind of criminal activity, it is nothing more than a coward's knee-jerk reaction to a horrific incident. There are tools Americans use in every day life that kill far more per year than guns.

BTW....the argument that guns are only made to kill whereas other tools are not is not even a valid argument. Any tool can be made to kill, it isn't the use of the tool that matters, but its misuse.

So, unless you are willing to severely curtail the liberties of 200+ million Americans for no gain in security, I suggest you look to the other reasons that we have these kinds of incidents.

I'd like to have seen this killing done with a hammer.

He bought them legally, that is pretty easy.
So, you have to make up false scenarios to try and counter what I said.

Would you feel the same way if we took away speech because speech kills? See how stupid you sound?

Correct. We have laws against mass killing. Mass killers should be punished.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you this but no law will stop a person hell bent on murder from committing murder.

And telling people who will never commit murder that they can't have a gun because someone else might kill someone with a gun is beyond stupid

No it doesn't. Cops do not prevent crimes. they show up after the fact.

From your link
Defense Attorney Ralph Staples, who has beaten several SVF charges on behalf of his clients, said investigators tend to throw a wide net when several people are arrested in the vicinity of a gun and then wait for forensic results to pursue charges against the right suspect.

“I’m one of four guys in a car. There’s dope in the car. There’s a gun in the car. The dope belongs to somebody. The gun belongs to somebody, not all four of us.

Don't know don't care.

I know the average sentence served in the USA for a violent criminal offence is less than 5 years.

Well you should. We have more incarcerated than anywhere. Problem must be something else. Too many guns?

Who says anyone has that right?

Not me. Not anyone I know.

There was law enforcement at this event. They got shot. They couldn't do much given the weaponry.

Don't know don't care.

Well you should. We have more incarcerated than anywhere. Problem must be something else. Too many guns?

I've been over this with you many times. I can't help it if you have the memory of a gold fish.

Don't know don't care.

The problem isn't the guns. It's the people.

Like I said, we have an obesity epidemic. Shall we ban all forks? The problem is, we have too much access to eating utensils.

There was law enforcement at this event. They got shot. They couldn't do much given the weaponry.

Like I said cops do not prevent crime.

What is it that you do not understand about that?

Don't know don't care.

Like I said, we have an obesity epidemic. Shall we ban all forks? The problem is, we have too much access to eating utensils.

You make it easy to be a mass killer. Easy things happen more often.

Like I said cops do not prevent crime.

What is it that you do not understand about that?

You said show up after clearly. But like in Orlando they were there and killer too heavily armed.

Don't know don't care.

Obviously it doesn't happen that often if only 1% of all murders are due to mass shootings.

It seems to happen 99 times more in other circunstances

Don't know don't care.

I just told you it wasn't easy. We literally have thousands of laws about guns and their misuse, and the barriers to acquiring them.

Forum List

Back