75th Anniversary

There IS a big problem with nuclear weapons.

They are used far too infrequently than need cries out for.
True. If we had used one or two in Afghanistan we wouldn't still be there.

Easy to be some incorporeal broad mouthing off carelessly about human life on the internet when there are no consequences in the real world as there are in actual wars.

Yup the claim that Japan was going to surrender is simply hogwash
Yet they were negotiating surrender via Russia and discussing the post war reality internally, knowing they had lost. . But you are somehow sure that, what, they were faking it?
Again read the History and FACTS they wanted the Soviets as allies against the US that was their offer , the Soviets broker an end to the war and Japan would ally with the Soviets for the coming Cold War.
oh, so now you're saying good thing we killed all those Japanese civilians, because that's a better fate than them becoming communist. Okay. I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks that. However I still am not 100% convinced they would not have eventually surrendered anyway
Way to misread what I wrote, the POINT is they did NOT ever offer to surrender EVER. And the Soviet ploy was an effort NOT to surrender.
Wrong as usual. You traitor.
Go ahead MORON link to a single request from the Japanese Government to surrender. One will do.

ou know, Truman was a democrat. You do know that, don’t you?
So? People, PLEASE keep your partisan fetishism out of this thread.
/——/ So???? So, for decades democRATs accused Republicans of being nuke happy war mongers, it started with LBJ’s lies about Goldwater in 1964 and again with Reagan.
I like to point out the only president to nuke people was a democRAT and he did it twice.

I like to point out the only president to nuke people was a democRAT and he did it twice.

And the only presidents to throw innocent Americans into concentration camps were democrats. And the only president to violate President Washington's example of restraint in seeking to hold onto power too long was a democrat.

There were 72 million Jap[anese] on that island in 1945. Want to know how many I would be willing to kill to save one US soldiers life?
Every.
Fucking.
One of them.

Anyone who believes that isn't much of an American, isn't much of a man, isn't much of a human being.

I protect my own from fights they didn’t start. Family and country.

There’s nothing more human, manly or patriotic than that.

If you want to cry over the results the instigator brought on themselves have at. I don’t give a shit about them or your fucking feelings.

There were 72 million Jap[anese] on that island in 1945. Want to know how many I would be willing to kill to save one US soldiers life?
Every.
Fucking.
One of them.

Anyone who believes that isn't much of an American, isn't much of a man, isn't much of a human being.

If you want to cry over the results the instigator brought on themselves have at. I don’t give a shit about them or your fucking feelings.

Be any kind of douche bag you want to be. Just don't pretend to be an American - or any kind of man for that matter.

Every.
Fucking.
One of them.

Be any kind of douche bag you want to be. Just don't pretend to be an American - or any kind of man for that matter.
So now those that dropped the nukes on Japan aren’t American or manly? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Well that is one of the sticking points. They japanese leadership did not understand the devastation of the first bomb. So they were not making fully informed decisions. Had they had a full understanding, they may well have surrendered after the first bomb. Waiting a week might have allowed this to happen.

maxresdefault-S.jpg

NO the Government voted to not surrender and the Emperor over ruled them.

After the first bomb, their ministers voted to continue the war.

After the second bomb, their ministers were split, half to surrender, half to continue. The Emperor broke the tie.

... dropping the bombs was the absolute reason for a full surrender and ending the war. ....

"Admiral William Leahy, White House chief of staff and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the war. Leahy wrote in his 1950 memoirs that "the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender." Moreover, Leahy continued, "in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children." "

Framed-S.jpg

I'm a bottom-line sort of guy.

The bottom-line is that the two bombs saved millions of lives.

The war DID end just a few days after the bombs.

Since we demonstrated the bomb, and have worked as the policeman of the world, we have not had a World War, or anything close in over seventy years.

How many conflicts, around the world (Cuban Missile Crisis), were defused because everyone knew the destructive forces of the bomb and that, push come to shove, we would use it to achieve peace.

What the hell are you talking about? Where do you see "leftist" or "revisionist"? Or are you just jumping at your own shadow?
I think you are both leftist and revisionist

which is why you refuse to summarize American history from 1945 to 1955

oh, so now you're saying good thing we killed all those Japanese civilians, because that's a better fate than them becoming communist. Okay. I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks that. However I still am not 100% convinced they would not have eventually surrendered anyway

However, I am 100% convinced that they DID end the war and it was unconditional surrender.

Forum List

Back