70's Music

1977 clothes and hair and everything....(I've been buying vintage 70s clothes on ebay etc ....lots of fun....but I disgress)

The Eagles - Take It To The Limit Live 1977

I don't know anyone who doesn't like The Eagles. Even the Chinese like them. About all I heard during a month long stay in Shanghai once was Hotel California and oddly enough they didn't do a half bad job of covering it.

this has been posted a million times or more lol............ why is it I love this so much?????? darn.....I love it... hehe

here we go one more time....because we love the 1970s! :2up:

Dr Hook - "Sharing The Night Together" (1978)

Maybe it reminds you of a good time you had one night

LOL I had a lot of good nights in the 70s. The 60s , 80s and 90s too.

I like his early stuff most. And then there's that Hammond B3 again. I know and used to work with the guys who designed and built his amps. Like me they weren't much in the way of musicians but they were pretty decent engineers.

Gregg Rolle was his lead singer and keyboard player who really
made the band whole...when he left Santana and formed Journey with Neal Schon they put out 3 albums before Steve Perry that were pretty good. Rolle's a great songwriter- awesome vocalist.

I just now realized that Mark Knopfler plays without a pick, at
least on this song.

One of my favorite guitar licks. It's not hard to see this guy was a huge fan of and heavily influenced by Hank Marvin. Red strat and all.

In this cover is Josh Smith hybrid picking(using pick & fingers) the lead solo @ after the 5:00 verse....

I just now realized that Mark Knopfler plays without a pick, at
least on this song.

One of my favorite guitar licks. It's not hard to see this guy was a huge fan of and heavily influenced by Hank Marvin. Red strat and all.

In this cover is Josh Smith hybrid picking(using pick & fingers) the lead solo @ after the 5:00 verse....

Otherwise known as chickin pickin. I only wish.

BTW that's a venerable Hammond B3 with a Leslie. Likely the most famous organ ever made. Worth an absolute fortune these days if and when you can find one that's playable. I can't imagine taking one on the road. I repaired one once but it was being more or less wasted as a church organ. A music teacher early influencer of mine had one crammed into his house trailer and it wasn't one of those double wide things so it was a tight squeeze. He had the Leslie too and they aren't exacty small or light either.

Last edited:
Otherwise known as chickin pickin. I only wish.
He said he picked it up from Roy Lanham, Danny Gatton and some of those guys,.

I can do it some, but mostly just improvising on acoustic. Normally I'm all alternate-picking.

I was just listening to some chickin pickin last night.

Now I really wish I still had my Teli and tweed that was swiped from me.

Listen To The Music - The Doobie Brothers
One of my favorite songs. When I hear it I dont know whether to dance, sing or play and then I can't decide if I want to play bass, rythym or lead guitar. The only San Jose CA band that hit it big. Where else do you hear a flanger effect on a drum track?

Smash Mouth did pretty well being from San Jose, but The Doobies are legendary.

Forum List

Back