7 million Americans are 90 days or more behind on their auto loan payments, according to Fed of NY!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
That's even more than during the wake of the financial crisis. This is a red flag, according to economists. Despite the strong economy and low unemployment rate, many Americans are struggling to pay their bills. A car loan is typically the first payment people make because a vehicle is critical to getting to work, and someone can live in a car if all else fails. When car loan delinquencies rise, it is usually a sign of significant duress among low-income and working-class Americans

7 million Americans behind on auto loan payments, New York Fed says

That's even more than during the wake of the financial crisis. This is a red flag, according to economists. Despite the strong economy and low unemployment rate, many Americans are struggling to pay their bills. A car loan is typically the first payment people make because a vehicle is critical to getting to work, and someone can live in a car if all else fails. When car loan delinquencies rise, it is usually a sign of significant duress among low-income and working-class Americans

so 7 million people are irresponsible dumbass's,,,I bet most of them are democrats

I'd say it might be a good time to start a Repo business, but that ship sailed a few years ago...

repo.jpg

Many people have extended themselves too far expecting the best of everything.
Maybe a Toyota would have sufficed over the Lexus, maybe you dont need a 5000 sq. ft. house for a family of 4.

It's simple, live within thy means...Simon.

Maybe a Toyota would have sufficed over the Lexus, maybe you dont need a 5000 sq. ft. house for a family of 4.

I need a 5000 sq ft house....... Now I just need to figure out how to keep the cardboard structure in place........ :dunno:

I need a 5000 sq ft house....... Now I just need to figure out how to keep the cardboard structure in place........ :dunno:
Hot glue gun.
Martha Stewart swears by them.
Be sure to use stylish cardboard furniture.
Live green.
6591e26a67fe6c02d5f9143bb0101779.jpg

This is a red flag, according to economists.
It absolutely is. I am in the banking industry, and the general consensus seems to be that we are heading for another very deep recession. Another housing bubble is forming, and wages are stagnating badly. When auto loan delinquencies rise, a rise in default on unsecured debt and mortgages closely follows. The Fed is already signalling a rate decrease this year, which is really, really bad news.

Hot glue gun.
Martha Stewart swears by them.
Be sure to use stylish cardboard furniture.
Live green.
View attachment 245557
Yeah but I doubt the hot glue will waterproof or wind proof it........ Yesterday the state legislature was in session, we had 65 mph gusts all the way out here on the eastern high desert.......

This is a red flag, according to economists.
It absolutely is. I am in the banking industry, and the general consensus seems to be that we are heading for another very deep recession. Another housing bubble is forming, and wages are stagnating badly. When auto loan delinquencies rise, a rise in default on unsecured debt and mortgages closely follows. The Fed is already signalling a rate decrease this year, which is really, really bad news.
That would be a correction.
Live within your means and don’t put stock into variables.

Economics for dummies. Stop buying shit you can not afford and or get a better job.

That would be a correction.
And could also become a recession. These words actually have definitions.

And -- as shocking as this may be to you -- pointing at people and telling them to do better accomplishes nothing but making you ffeel self-righteous.

7 million Americans? Why Americans? Just cause they have an American address.

Immigrants who didn't know what a doorknob was a week ago are buying cars today. Pay for it? Why? I got rights.

Clearly, these people are not paying their car loans as a show of support for the Green New Deal.

7 million Americans? Why Americans? Just cause they have an American address.

Immigrants who didn't know what a doorknob was a week ago are buying cars today. Pay for it? Why? I got rights.
A total of 21 million ITINs have been assigned . That includes legal immigrants and dependents. There are about 250 million adults in America. So grab a calculator.

Forum List

Back