6th grade Buddhist

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
School Allegedly Told Buddhist Student His Faith Is 'Stupid' & He Should Convert Or Switch Schools | ThinkProgress

A Louisiana teacher who taught her sixth grade class that evolution is “impossible” and that the bible is “100 percent true” ridiculed a Buddhist student during class and announced that those who don’t believe in god are “stupid,” according to a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana.

When the child’s parents reported the incidents, the Sabine Parish superintendent allegedly told them “this is the Bible Belt,” and asked whether the child, referred to as “C.C.” could either change his faith or transfer to a school where “there are more Asians.”

According to the ACLU, the teacher, Rita Rourke, works at a school in Sabine Parish, La., that consistently touts Christian beliefs through portraits of Jesus Christ in the halls, a “lighted, electronic marquee” outside the school that scrolls Bible verses, and regular staff member recitation of prayers with students during class. “The day after meeting with the Lanes, the Superintendent sent a letter to Negreet Principal Gene Wright stating that she approved of Negreet’s official religious practices. Wright read the letter to the entire Negreet student body over the school’s public-address system,” according to the complaint.

I'm thinking we should revisit secession.

(No, NOT s-u-c-c-e-s-s-i-o-n.)

Throw the rw parasites out.

1558479_10151958072576275_621336871_n.jpg

Dear Luddly: To target and throw people out by beliefs is more of the same.
That is not equal protection, but equal bullying by exclusion and coercion.

The proper way is to hold an educational meeting on the different faiths
and how they historically relate to each other.

There are PLENTY of examples of Vietnamese Buddhists and Christians
co-marrying and respecting both faiths that are not contradictory.

Constitutional laws are secular and they are not conflicting with Christians laws.
Same with Buddhist laws that are also based on natural laws and ethics.
The Greek ethics were reconciled with the Catholic church, and many
Catholic authorities have studied Buddhism and found it complementary not conflicting.

With Muslims and Christians, there are many mixed families within the
Black community that have reconciled these faiths by following the same Bible.
That is not contrary to Islam, but fulfills the teachings to respect Jewish Torah, Christian scripture, the Muslim Quran
and all sent by God. If you believe Constitutional principles were given by God, that's included, too.

I'd be happy to recommend guest speakers from the Muslim community
who have reconciled with Christian families, and members of Buddhist
and Christian families who have no problem with both faiths working in harmony.

Kicking anyone out is not necessary and not the solution.

Luddly we need to add knowledge IN, not kick people out who disagree!

School Allegedly Told Buddhist Student His Faith Is 'Stupid' & He Should Convert Or Switch Schools | ThinkProgress

A Louisiana teacher who taught her sixth grade class that evolution is “impossible” and that the bible is “100 percent true” ridiculed a Buddhist student during class and announced that those who don’t believe in god are “stupid,” according to a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana.

When the child’s parents reported the incidents, the Sabine Parish superintendent allegedly told them “this is the Bible Belt,” and asked whether the child, referred to as “C.C.” could either change his faith or transfer to a school where “there are more Asians.”

According to the ACLU, the teacher, Rita Rourke, works at a school in Sabine Parish, La., that consistently touts Christian beliefs through portraits of Jesus Christ in the halls, a “lighted, electronic marquee” outside the school that scrolls Bible verses, and regular staff member recitation of prayers with students during class. “The day after meeting with the Lanes, the Superintendent sent a letter to Negreet Principal Gene Wright stating that she approved of Negreet’s official religious practices. Wright read the letter to the entire Negreet student body over the school’s public-address system,” according to the complaint.

I'm thinking we should revisit secession.

(No, NOT s-u-c-c-e-s-s-i-o-n.)

Throw the rw parasites out.

1558479_10151958072576275_621336871_n.jpg

I'd rather heal the wound than amputate the arm which doesn't stop the bleeding.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back