6 yr old boy in Colorado suspended for sexual harassment

So the cure for a boy acting up a bit is to drug him?

I'm not surprised Joe is a supporter of the concept that boys have to be treated as defective girls, and have to be medicated to fit the hive minds view on how they should behave.

Not at all... I think that there are lot of cases where Ritalin is overprescribed.

And I think there are a lot of nutty parents who NEED to medicate their children who don't.

Funny how your definition of "Freedom" is always involved with accepting anti-social behavior.

a 6 year old kissing another 6 year old on the hand is not anti-social behavior. If it was unwanted it is a parenting situation, not a situation where a 6 year old gets accused of sexual harrasment because some school administrator cannot think on thier own, and instead goes for the cookie-cutter approach to handling an issue at a school.

Or he was appropriately dealing with a disruptive child, and didn't want a lawsuit from the girl's mother (that she probably would have won.)

Now is the appropriate time to explain to the little boy that before kissing a girl, touching a girl anywhere...even on the arm or knee to get her attention during a converstaion in a group situation...staring[leering under the law, a crime] at a girl, etc ...that he first must obtain written and videod consent complete with a copy of her photo ID proving that she is over 18.

And that if he does not he could well find himself being arrested by the cops, handcuffed [maybe the cuffs would slip off, so they'll use those cable ties for a tight fit]...and carted off to jail.
Do they have special cells in the prisons for 6, 7, 8 yr old little boys whose only crime is to fall in love?

Common sense could have been used here....
But what good is that....
A crime was committed and it should be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

But if the young boy was showing affection to another young boy.The teacher would
have praised the young lad for expressing his feelings...

It's kids like this that end up being full blown sexual harassers, cheating on their wife, liars, doing odd cigar tricks with far younger women and being fully beloved by the Democrat Party.

It's kids like this that end up being full blown sexual harassers, cheating on their wife, liars, doing odd cigar tricks with far younger women and being fully beloved by the Democrat Party.

As opposed to the guys who never do that sort of thing, but do lie about WMD's, getting us into ill-planned wars that cost trillions of dollars and thousands of lives...

fingers crossed that you are being sarcastic?

Never wise to assume anything but --school policies are comprehensive.

To me this first grader seems socially immature. 'attention seeking'--it wouldn't be the first time.

If an older student did things like this it is possible there would be other motivating factors.

Then the school stands condemned!
Condemned!

'Sexual predator'? the boy is 6 years old!

What the boy needs to do is stay right away from girls.
Right away.
Now and 'forever', until he's at least 21...and then only if they approach him.

Read the link. The term sexual predator was never used. Nothing in that post is true.

I apologize for an error I made.

That was the deal the school offered instead of jail time.

My source tell me the deal made was actually for less jail time
not no jail time. :eusa_whistle:
Wow! Now schools can sentence a six-year-old to JAIL?!?! No need for court, judge, jury and executioner, aye?

Read the link. The term sexual predator was never used. Nothing in that post is true.

I apologize for an error I made.

That was the deal the school offered instead of jail time.

My source tell me the deal made was actually for less jail time
not no jail time. :eusa_whistle:
Wow! Now schools can sentence a six-year-old to JAIL?!?! No need for court, judge, jury and executioner, aye?

I think this was an exaggeration.

The student was suspended for ? 2 days --no longer has 'sexual harassment' on his record.

Who knows why the parent alerted the media? I would think it could probably have been handled within the school system--but who knows.

fingers crossed that you are being sarcastic?

Never wise to assume anything but --school policies are comprehensive.

To me this first grader seems socially immature. 'attention seeking'--it wouldn't be the first time.

If an older student did things like this it is possible there would be other motivating factors.

Yep. This is another one of those things being blown out of proportion, apparently by people who want us to believe the school system is out of control and dominated by left wing people who are over the top in political correctness. If you read the link, this kid had ongoing behavior problems. As far as kissing this particular girl, he was told in the past to to knock it off, but he carried on. It isn't okay to touch others unless they want it. The school made a mistake originally using the term sexual harrassment, but they changed the terminology so it doesn't reflect anything about sex or gender. Why something like this gets in the papers I don't know. I'm pretty sure it happens all over the country all the time: it is a matter of a little kid learning social norms and appropriate social behavior. He is, as waving girl says, probably socially immature and needs to be taught what is considered ok and what isn't.

Well, thanks to Liberal/Democrat permissive mind set, girls are giving blow jobs in 4th grade, screwed by 5th grade and bi-sexual in the 7th grade. Well, not all I'm certain but that's the trend in California..

really?.....i delivered mail to a grade school for a while.....they did not seem any different than any little kids anywhere else running around on the play ground....maybe i missed something?.....:dunno:

1. The child has a history of discipline problems, per the mother and the school. This wasn't his first strike.
2. The mother reportedly stated that the two are boyfriend/girlfriend, and that the girl didn't mind his advances. I wasn't aware that a 6 year old could give consent.
3. Paraphrasing the child: "I'm a 6-year-old. I have a lot of energy." (His justification? Or his mother's justification, being parroted by the child?)
4. Why did Mom go to the media, instead of to the school?
5. The school has changed the record from "sexual harassment" to "misconduct." This is more appropriate.
6. The mother of the girl, tells a different story:

Mother of girl involved in 'kissing' discipline speaks out - Canon City Daily Record

That's what I suspect.

Usually, when you hear one of these stories about outrageous behavior, it's usually a kid who is nothing but trouble and his mother refuses to put him on ritalin.

im sure the little girls life has been destroyed Joe.....

1. The child has a history of discipline problems, per the mother and the school. This wasn't his first strike.
2. The mother reportedly stated that the two are boyfriend/girlfriend, and that the girl didn't mind his advances. I wasn't aware that a 6 year old could give consent.
3. Paraphrasing the child: "I'm a 6-year-old. I have a lot of energy." (His justification? Or his mother's justification, being parroted by the child?)
4. Why did Mom go to the media, instead of to the school?
5. The school has changed the record from "sexual harassment" to "misconduct." This is more appropriate.
6. The mother of the girl, tells a different story:

Mother of girl involved in 'kissing' discipline speaks out - Canon City Daily Record

That's what I suspect.

Usually, when you hear one of these stories about outrageous behavior, it's usually a kid who is nothing but trouble and his mother refuses to put him on ritalin.

Red flags have gone up in my mind, and I wonder what the heck is going on at home. Something's not quite right.

and if the little girl has mental problems about this....it will be because of her mother...little girls have been kissed by little boys since the time of Moses....

Red flags have gone up in my mind, and I wonder what the heck is going on at home. Something's not quite right.

Unwanted touching is not acceptable at all, and that is what this is about. There was another boy who was doing it too; both were told to knock it off, which the other kid did. This kid didn't stop. It is not okay for kids to be putting their hands, or lips, on others when the contact is not wanted. They need to learn that: it is learning appropriate social behavior. Would you want your kids to grow up w/o the appropriate social skills? This kid needs to learn. I agree, there is something going on at home: his parents are not reinforcing proper social behavior.

I recall a kid bugging my older sister in elementary school, grabbing her and such, so I kicked his ass. He stopped bugging her.

so thats why Franco is like he is....

So the cure for a boy acting up a bit is to drug him?

I'm not surprised Joe is a supporter of the concept that boys have to be treated as defective girls, and have to be medicated to fit the hive minds view on how they should behave.

Not at all... I think that there are lot of cases where Ritalin is overprescribed.

And I think there are a lot of nutty parents who NEED to medicate their children who don't.

Funny how your definition of "Freedom" is always involved with accepting anti-social behavior.

a 6 year old kissing another 6 year old on the hand is not anti-social behavior. If it was unwanted it is a parenting situation, not a situation where a 6 year old gets accused of sexual harrasment because some school administrator cannot think on thier own, and instead goes for the cookie-cutter approach to handling an issue at a school.

yep.....its called POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.....if he would have kissed a boy....those same administrators would have been afraid to act because they would think the gay community would say they are doing it because they are afraid the boy is "going" gay...

That's what I suspect.

and if the little girl has mental problems about this....it will be because of her mother...little girls have been kissed by little boys since the time of Moses....

I can't get into that sort of speculation.

One article indicated this happened at a Math/Science ? charter school. Not that there cannot be 'terrible problems' at any school--but from that I would assume the students are 'above average'.

He disrupted a reading group--and had had other incidents. ? He likes attention?

In one TV interview the child said --'I have a lot of energy.'

Some kids do--something that has gone on 'forever'.

I cannot judge either parent, the teacher or the principal/school system.

silly and stupid. 'Keep your hands to yourself'--I know that is a concept in early elementary classes.

As opposed to the guys who never do that sort of thing, but do lie about WMD's, getting us into ill-planned wars that cost trillions of dollars and thousands of lives...

I guess I gave you to much credit for honesty and knowledge, according to you Democrat leaders had nothing to say publicly and didn't vote for the funding or starting of the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan and the wars suddenly stopped when Obama became President, correct?

He's 6. He doesn't know what sexual harassment is. What a stupid decision.
Amen to this! And if the girl had no problem with it, there most definitely should not have been a punishment for it.

God bless you and her and the boy always!!!

Holly

The girl was 6, the mother had a problem with it and notified the school. The kid persisted and was punished for disobeying.

Why is it always the mouthy xtians that are always so fragged up?

Forum List

Back