6 weeks of weight training

I’m sure all pro MMA fighters could learn a lot from you. You should walk up to one next time you’re at the gym and tell them all about it.
They couldn't learn anything because they are busy making a living.
Speaking of which, most of the boxers I have seen in gyms also suck.
There's a difference between street fighting and actual martial arts.

Did you ever stop to think maybe the reason they miss sometimes is because their opponent might be good at dodging blows? They *are* fighting other fighters. Not some random Joe.

Have you ever been in a real fight?
You guys are very sensitive about the fact that MMA is not reflective of martial artists.
I was never that spastic once I had my Brown Belt.

As long as it's increasing resistance the mode per se doesn't matter.

I preferred dumbbells for most exercises, even shoulders, except for chest and probably traps. When I tore my bicep I was forced to do dumbbell presses. It works, just can't go as heavy, but the principle is the same. Overload the muscle (safely) and/or increase overall sets, incorporate super sets etc.

Machines are great for focused approach, the big draw back is the minor supporting muscles involved in balance don't get worked. Those minor muscles can really help create a fuller look. Of late when I went to the gym I was fine with machines, but I'd also incorporate higher rep free weights to balance.

This is where the muscle memory comes into play once you do it enough. You will find you can take less rest and just doing another four reps of a weight brings you close to exhaustion. The body is an amazing creation, I sure miss the challenge.
weight training is horrible for your joints....hello mr arthritis

Forum List

Back