2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

there it is in black and white
not sure where the other are getting there info

This is what a 800 billion dollar slush fund looks like

The jobs revisions have been completely wiping out all the positive jobs numbers put up by this administration.

They must be getting ready to release a big number today since Obama is going to speak when it comes out. We must create 125,000 new jobs a month just to keep up with the working population growth. Obama has yet to do that.

Breaking News:

Unemployment rate hits 9.2 percent for June as employers added the fewest jobs in nine months

I am sure Obama will be hitting the golf course this weekend.

The number just came out up just 18K. What a looooosssseeerr!!!!

LOL Wasn't that mostly Mcdonalds?

Exactly! A bunch of 1 day a week jobs for minimum wage. Those should not even be counted.

Official unemployment went up to 9.2% = 14,087,000 unemployed.

Actual unemployed is 25,250,000 = 18.1% unemployment rate.

Last edited:
2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,531 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

there it is in black and white
not sure where the other are getting there info

This is what a 800 billion dollar slush fund looks like

Okay, c'mon now settle down. It's just a blip. As soon as all those shovel companies get their production ramped up to where it needs to be all will be fine on the jobs front. And we might even have to import some shovels from foreign manufacturers, but that will just be a temporary thing.

Note to Obama

images

Debt ceiling debate holdin' up hiring...
:eusa_eh:
Uncertainty in Washington Keeps Businesses From Hiring
July 15, 2011 - As lawmakers in the United States argue over the nation's debt ceiling and spar over who is responsible for the nation's 9.2 percent unemployment rate, many business owners look on in disbelief. They are uncertain about the state of the economy, and are looking for signs of confidence in Washington that it is safe to begin hiring.
At Carlos Interiors in Crofton, Maryland, company owner Cristina Uria sees a glimmer of hope. Business is up 15 percent from last year. In 2008, when the recession began, Uria's business dropped 60 percent. Like many small business owners, she had to make painful decisions in order to remain open. “We had to let go probably about four people," said Uria. "During this recession, companies have needed to become leaner and meaner. Any extra fat that we had, and extra expenses, we needed to cut them off.” Uria said there were months when no one walked through the door at her design center. With more than 25 years in business, it was her established clients that kept her afloat. Even though business is picking up, she said she is not ready to hire new employees. “The government in Washington is not giving us the right signals,” she said.

Uria cites the long, drawn out negotiations between the White House and Congress over raising the debt ceiling as an example. She said rhetoric on both sides adds to the confusion. “The House cannot pass a bill that raises taxes on job creators,” said Speaker of the House John Boehner. “I will not sign a 30-day or a 60-day or a 90-day extension," said President Barack Obama. "It is not going to get easier; it is going to get harder. So, we might as well do it now.”

Many economists agree that businesses need a clearer picture of the economy before they will begin hiring again. Ayman El Tarabishy, who teaches economics at George Washington University, said, "Even President Obama coming out and saying you need to raise taxes. It’s not that they [business owners] don’t understand it, they do understand it. But what they don’t understand is the implications from a bottom line because they are still fighting it out. And until this settles down, until they see a clear path forward, they are going to wait.”

Uria said one of the things businesses have learned over the last two years is that they can survive without the workers they lost, giving them less incentive to hire. “I think most of us have learned that we can stay still with less than what we had before," she said "Of course, if the economy gets to the point to where it was before, I will have to have more people to handle the amount of work I have." Even then, she said any new workers would not be full-time employees. She said the key is confidence. Confidence the economy is growing. Confidence that consumers are willing to spend. And confidence that politicians in Washington will find the right answers to revive the nation's economy.

Source

See also:

'Green' US Jobs Starting to Pay Off
July 13, 2011 - A new look at the impact of so-called "green" [environmently-friendly] technology shows it is beginning to pay off for at least some U.S. workers.
Across the United States, businesses and organizations are starting to make a change, shifting to cleaner sources of energy. One such place is the world reknowned Mayo Clinic in the northern state of Minnesota. "It's becoming affordable to be green," said to Dr. John Black. He is on the Mayo Clinic's Green Committee and said the math is simple. "For us to be relevant we need to be affordable, and the greening of the Mayo Clinic should provide us with an opportunity save money," said Black.

A report released Wednesday by the Washington-based Brookings Institution says the desire to go with cleaner energy options also is paying off. It says the so-called "clean economy" now employs 2.7 million Americans, pays higher wages and requires little formal education. Mark Muro, director at Brookings' Metropolitan Policy Program, said, "As a whole it is growing moderately fast, but segments of it are growing extremely fast." And Muro said the U.S. is well positioned to take take full advantage. "The growth that we're seeing in some of these renewable and clean tech segments is so compelling, and is projected to grow so fast globally, that it is imperative that the United States begin to foster these industries," said Muro.

But Ken Green, an environmental scientist and resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, said the growth of clean-energy jobs may not be enough to boost the struggling economy. Green said even with more funding and support from the government, clean energy ventures, like wind farms, will face obstacles. "Many of the jobs involved have been created in China and Asia because at the end of the day, they still have low labor costs," said Green. "They have lower environmental regulations of their own that they have to deal with." Still, U.S. President Barack Obama has promised to push for more funding, saying America needs to lead on clean energy technology in order to forge what he calls "another American century."

Source

Last edited:
And where did the jobs go and why.
once you figure that out then you can begin to figure out how to get some jobs back.
Many are gone for good though.

once you figure that out then you can begin to figure out how to get some jobs back.

Most of those jobs went away because of the housing bubble and we had nothing on hand to replace it
Our current administration does not understand this.

Maybe they do, when the term never allow a crises to go to waste was coined and then followed up on with the failed stimulus, it sure looked suspicious to me

The unemployment rate for Americans with at least 4 years of college is 4.5%.

So are you stating that a person who does not have a college education, well what should we do with them?
I do not have one and I am working
Seriously what is your point?

We could ask Romney...he shipped a bunch of jobs overseas...

Just how did he do that?
the liberal is just making this stuff up as they go

As Bain slashed jobs, Romney stayed to side

Romney’s Bain Capital Profited Through Offshore Tax Havens, Closing U.S. Factories, Laying Off Workers

So are you stating that a person who does not have a college education, well what should we do with them?

That there are so many wingnuts like you who can't see my point is my point.

:lol::lol:

Seriously,

forty years ago fifty years ago, whatever, we would have put millions of Americans - with no better than a HS education - to work, in pretty good to very good paying jobs,

in factories, mills, plants, etc., all based around the huge sector of American manufacturing as well as many areas in support of that sector.

Now, we can't. Yes there is manufacturing left, yes there are some good paying jobs there, but as a whole the sector is a mere shadow of itself. The era of ample good paying jobs for Americans of ordinary education is over.

Why did it happen? Because in the global free market, operating on the sacred principles (to some) of the free market, American workers were overpaid. Very simple. Mathematics.

The conservative dream is being fulfilled. The market is winning.

You want to stop seeing everything on your Walmart shelves made in China? Want to see it made in the USA?

You will have to get American workers to work for what Chinese workers work for. Factoring in, of course, various other costs like transportation.

That's our future, unless you have a better plan.

That there are so many wingnuts like you who can't see my point is my point.

:lol::lol:

funny?
that you would make fun of your fellow American?
Why is it the liberal acts this way
no class

Really? Would you like to link your facts, or should we just take your word for it? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back