6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?

ap609761613042-bcce402b2ff43ab38e226209b23f40a4682b38ed-s800-c85.jpg

Nearly two-thirds of Millennials who identify as Republican support legalizing marijuana, while almost half of older GOP Gen-Xers do, according to a recently released Pew survey that could be an indicator of where the debate is heading.

While the Pew Research Center survey published on Friday shows a 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats under the age of 34, six-in-10 GOP-leaning Millennials still said they favor legalizing cannabis. Seventy-seven percent of surveyed Democrats in the same age group held that view.

For those aged 35 to 50, the same 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats was evident, but the respective percentages were somewhat lower. In that age group, 47 percent of Republicans favored legalization, as opposed to 61 percent of Democrats.

As Pew notes: "The debate over marijuana also comes ahead of the 2016 presidential election, when both political parties are fighting over the coveted Millennial vote as this group of eligible voters swells in size, even if its members do not consistently show up on Election Day."

The survey follows controversial decisions in Alaska and the District of Colombia.They join Colorado and Washington State. Medical marijuana is legal in some other states, such as California and Minnesota.

The survey on attitudes on marijuana legalization by political affiliation largely mirrors a survey Pew conducted a year ago concerning same-sex marriage. It showed that 61 percent of self-identified Republicans under 30 favored allowing gays and lesbians to marry, as opposed to 77 percent of Democrats in the same age group.

Why must you write titles that are total oxymorons?

Have you read ANYTHING about the benefits of medicinal marihuana? Because you come across as being completely ignorant and brainwashed.

Every day, scientists are discovering more ways pot can benefit their patients. Alzheimer's patients and children with autism, Parkinson's and similar illnesses, and that's in addition to chronic pain sufferers, insomniacs and people with cancer.

You right wingers define "low information voters. Try reading this.

23 Health Benefits Of Marijuana - Business Insider

Last edited:
Have you read ANYTHING about the benefits of medicinal marihuana? Because you come across as being completely ignorant and brainwashed.

Every day, scientists are discovering more ways pot can benefit their patients. Alzheimer's patients and children with autism, Parkinson's and similar illnesses, and that's in addition to chronic pain sufferers, insomniacs and people with cancer.

You right wingers define "low information voters.
There are no benefits that you can not get better elsewhere and with far less damage to the brain. You are perpetrating a myth

Marihuana provides BETTER benefits with fewer side effects than chemical pharmaceuticals.

Again, if you bothered to learn anything about pot, you'd already know this but you can't be bothering learning anything that might challenge your belief structure.

Marihuana provides BETTER benefits with fewer side effects than chemical pharmaceuticals.

Again, if you bothered to learn anything about pot, you'd already know this but you can't be bothering learning anything that might challenge your belief structure.

It's still illegal and it still creates an altered mental state in its users. Even if only the second item were true it would have no legitimate value so far as I'm concerned.

It's still illegal and it still creates an altered mental state in its users. Even if only the second item were true it would have no legitimate value so far as I'm concerned.

You need to watch this.

You need to watch this.

No I don't. I have epilepsy and glaucoma. Multiple members of my family have died of Cancer, including my father. They wouldn't have and I will not even consider THC treatments. Not even if it could CURE me.

The health of my soul is mote important than my physical health.

:lol:

That's why you need to watch it. You're completely ignorant and don't know what you're talking about. One of the biggest problems with morons like you is that you keep standing in the way of legitimate pharmacological development. The speaker in the video has an organization that conducts research and development on medical cannabis. They have cultivated non THC cannabis that is medically suitable for treatment. But many people with severe health ailments cannot benefit because maryuanah iz illegall, and blockheads like you would rather condemn other people than let them live a peaceful, healthy life.

That's why you need to watch it. You're completely ignorant and don't know what you're talking about. One of the biggest problems with morons like you is that you keep standing in the way of legitimate pharmacological development.

For me this is a MORALITY issue not a pharmaceutical one; therefore nothing the video could show would make a difference.

That's why you need to watch it. You're completely ignorant and don't know what you're talking about. One of the biggest problems with morons like you is that you keep standing in the way of legitimate pharmacological development.

For me this is a MORALITY issue not a pharmaceutical one; therefore nothing the video could show would make a difference.

No, it's an ignorance issue for you, and nothing more. I repeat: They have cultivated a variety of cannabis that completely lacks THC and consequently has no psychoactive effect whatsoever. It's no different from the fact that there are mushrooms that you eat as food, and then there are mushrooms that some people take as a recreational drug.

To say that it's a morality issue is beyond stupid. Of course, you'd know that if you'd actually watched the video.

It's no wonder liberals want marijuana legalized; it's the best way to tax it.

For the same reason a lot of we conservatives want marijuana legalized; so you liberals can contribute a little something by way of paying those taxes.

"6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?"

I don't know when exactly it became 'Reasonable" to believe that Young People were in a position to "know" anything, but my guess is that the rumor has lead the country down the shitter.

We, the Adults, don't favor legalizing weed, because IT'S A STUPID IDEA!

No, it's an ignorance issue for you, and nothing more. I repeat: They have cultivated a variety of cannabis that completely lacks THC and consequently has no psychoactive effect whatsoever. It's no different from the fact that there are mushrooms that you eat as food, and then there are mushrooms that some people take as a recreational drug.

To say that it's a morality issue is beyond stupid. Of course, you'd know that if you'd actually watched the video.

Oh! Ok... I'm for legalizing the Pot that doesn't get you high. And for moving up the penalty for possession of pot that does get ya high to the death penalty.

There ya go... make it so.

Glad we got that worked out.

Tell the Kids that the Swimmer worked that out for 'em.

Older republicans see what young people do when they are high. Older democrats are high themselves.

And what do young people do when high?
For one

Fatal Car Crashes Involving Pot Use Have Tripled in U.S. Study Finds

Epidemiological studies have been inconclusive regarding whether cannabis use causes an increased risk of accidents; in contrast, unanimity exists that alcohol use increases crash risk.

THE EFFECT OF CANNABIS COMPARED WITH ALCOHOL ON DRIVING

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/health/driving-under-the-influence-of-marijuana.html?_r=0

Marijuana and Driving A Review of the Scientific Evidence

ROFLMNAO!

What a load of crap.

Unlike Alcohol, there's no objective means to know the potency of what you're ingesting.

A glass of wine rarely sends anyone driving onto the off ramp... I've smoked entire joints and got a nice buzz... and I've had two tokes off another joint that LITERALLY CAUSED ME TO GO BLIND.

So... :bsflag:

ap609761613042-bcce402b2ff43ab38e226209b23f40a4682b38ed-s800-c85.jpg

Nearly two-thirds of Millennials who identify as Republican support legalizing marijuana, while almost half of older GOP Gen-Xers do, according to a recently released Pew survey that could be an indicator of where the debate is heading.

While the Pew Research Center survey published on Friday shows a 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats under the age of 34, six-in-10 GOP-leaning Millennials still said they favor legalizing cannabis. Seventy-seven percent of surveyed Democrats in the same age group held that view.

For those aged 35 to 50, the same 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats was evident, but the respective percentages were somewhat lower. In that age group, 47 percent of Republicans favored legalization, as opposed to 61 percent of Democrats.

As Pew notes: "The debate over marijuana also comes ahead of the 2016 presidential election, when both political parties are fighting over the coveted Millennial vote as this group of eligible voters swells in size, even if its members do not consistently show up on Election Day."

The survey follows controversial decisions in Alaska and the District of Colombia.They join Colorado and Washington State. Medical marijuana is legal in some other states, such as California and Minnesota.

The survey on attitudes on marijuana legalization by political affiliation largely mirrors a survey Pew conducted a year ago concerning same-sex marriage. It showed that 61 percent of self-identified Republicans under 30 favored allowing gays and lesbians to marry, as opposed to 77 percent of Democrats in the same age group.
They pander to the social conservatives and are paid by the tobacco lobby.

Why yes, dictatorial progressiveness, gotta love the burn...

Older republicans see what young people do when they are high. Older democrats are high themselves.

And what do young people do when high?
For one

Fatal Car Crashes Involving Pot Use Have Tripled in U.S. Study Finds

Epidemiological studies have been inconclusive regarding whether cannabis use causes an increased risk of accidents; in contrast, unanimity exists that alcohol use increases crash risk.

THE EFFECT OF CANNABIS COMPARED WITH ALCOHOL ON DRIVING

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/health/driving-under-the-influence-of-marijuana.html?_r=0

Marijuana and Driving A Review of the Scientific Evidence

ROFLMNAO!

What a load of crap.

Unlike Alcohol, there's no objective means to know the potency of what you're ingesting.

A glass of wine rarely sends anyone driving onto the off ramp... I've smoked entire joints and got a nice buzz... and I've had two tokes off another joint that LITERALLY CAUSED ME TO GO BLIND.

So... :bsflag:
Can I still score some of the killer shit?

Forum List

Back