$500 Million In New Aid For Pakistan: Yea or Nay?

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was in Pakistan over the weekend touting this Administration's $500 Million Aid Package but it seems like more and more Americans are growing weary of such aid. I vote Nay on such support for various reasons but i would like to hear what you all think. Thanks.

Why not... We have plenty of money... If not, let's just print some more... Let's just give every country $500 million... :clap2:

It most certainly could. Unfortunately, the GOP voted against helping out American citizens who can't afford private health insurance and are now voting against extending jobless benefits, so they would simply want this money to go right back into the pockets of their defense contractor friends.

I do wish people would tell the whole story.

Republicans voted against extending unemployment because there was no way to pay for it. Find a way to pay for it, maybe by cutting foreign aid?

So.....where was this fiscal conservative line of thinking when the GOP passed MediCare Part D (which was unpaid for) or the invasions of Iraq and Afhanistan (which were unpaid for)?

Dubya was NOT a fiscal conservative, DUH!

I'm sick of Obama and his neocon buddies. Stop trying to dictate foreign policy. Just bring everyone home and let's take care of US for a change.

What do we tell the Kurds now? The Turks are bombing them around the clock with our drones. Wow talk about Blow Back? The whole Foreign Aid issue needs to be debated more openly and publicly. I'm so sick of this stuff being done in secret. The People need to have more say. What do we tell the Kurds now?

What do we tell the Kurds now? The Turks are bombing them around the clock with our drones. Wow talk about Blow Back? The whole Foreign Aid issue needs to be debated more openly and publicly. I'm so sick of this stuff being done in secret. The People need to have more say. What do we tell the Kurds now?

The only thing we can tell them

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow]YouTube - Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again[/ame]

Yea it really is very sad watching what the Turks are doing to the Kurds. They are trying to wipe them out. It's Genocide at this point. To see the Turks wiping them out with our weapons really is sickening. We should halt all aid to Turkey immediately. Unfortunately this will never happen. Our politicians don't represent us anymore. They only represent themselves and their lobbyist buds. How sad.

Israel is the largest cumulative recipient of U.S. aid since World War II. The $3-plus billion per year that Israel receives from the U.S. taxpayer is about one-fifth of the total U.S. aid budget, and amounts to more than $600 per Israeli, per year.
A Conservative Estimate of Total Direct U.S. Aid to Israel: $108 Billion
On top of that
U.S. To Grant Israel An extra $2.775 Billion In Security Aid

U.S.. Assistant Secretary of State, Andrew Shapiro, stated Friday that the US government intends to grant Israel the amount of 2.775 Billion U.S. Dollars in what was described as the largest single military-security aid grant to Israel.
U.S. To Grant Israel 2.775 Billion In Security Aid - International Middle East Media Center

Hey at least Israel pretends to like us. Why do we give the Palestinians $Milions in American Tax Dollars though? What thanks do we ever get from the Palestinians? All i ever see them doing is burning our American Flags and chanting "Death to America!" I still don't understand why we give the Palestinians any money at all. How bout a little thanks once and awhile. Sheesh!

Hey at least Israel pretends to like us. Why do we give the Palestinians $Milions in American Tax Dollars though? What thanks do we ever get from the Palestinians? All i ever see them doing is burning our American Flags and chanting "Death to America!" I still don't understand why we give the Palestinians any money at all. How bout a little thanks once and awhile. Sheesh!

Because The Ignorant One believes that his neocon ways will make the Palestinians like us. :cuckoo:

Don't know why he can't read a history book and see how that always works out..........

It most certainly could. Unfortunately, the GOP voted against helping out American citizens who can't afford private health insurance and are now voting against extending jobless benefits, so they would simply want this money to go right back into the pockets of their defense contractor friends.

Republicans voted against extending unemployment because there was no way to pay for it. Find a way to pay for it, maybe by cutting foreign aid?

So.....where was this fiscal conservative line of thinking when the GOP passed MediCare Part D (which was unpaid for) or the invasions of Iraq and Afhanistan (which were unpaid for)?

Fact is it really doesn't matter where the Fiscal conservatism was. it is needed now, and I for one did not agree with the wild spending under the Bush administration. And this current administration is putting them to shame. You see some people look at the past and realize that we screwed up, others look at the past and say "well they did it". Which would you rather have running things?

Non of that money reaches the Palestinian people, it rests with the so called leaders who do Israel/America's bidding

Fact is it really doesn't matter where the Fiscal conservatism was. it is needed now, and I for one did not agree with the wild spending under the Bush administration. And this current administration is putting them to shame. You see some people look at the past and realize that we screwed up, others look at the past and say "well they did it". Which would you rather have running things?

You're missing the point Ollie, these fools will never EVER give up trying to claim that Bush was a fiscal conservative that conservatives were behind....:cuckoo:

Yea i'm always shocked when i see Palestinians burning our Flag and chanting "Death to America!" It's so shocking when you realize that we give those a*sholes $Millions in Tax Payer cash. Say what you want about aid to Israel,at least they pretend to like us and thank us once and awhile. How bout a little thanks there Palestinians? Yikes!

Non of that money reaches the Palestinian people, it rests with the so called leaders who do Israel/America's bidding

So Hamas and Fatah work for Israel? No offense,but that sounds pretty paranoid and loony. We do give $Millions in Tax Payer cash to the Palestinians yet i never see them thank us. All i see them do is burn our Flag and chant "Death to America!" Are our politicians insane or something? Why do we keep giving those a*sholes hard-earned Tax Payer cash? It's just so ludicrous. Like i said,at least the Israelis pretend to like us and thank us once and awhile. Maybe the Palestinians should try that? Till then i see no reason to give the Palestinians any money at all. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

"America's bidding?" Yea i love that one. So we give these nations $Billions in American Tax Payer cash but we're not supposed to make any demands or get our money's worth? That seems pretty lame to me. Of course we have expectations. You don't give all that cash away with no strings attached. "America's bidding?" H*LL YES! Don't like it,don't take our cash. Some of these countries have a lot of nerve. They take our cash but then expect us to just shut up and go away? Man,what a scam. Even more reason to end these failed foreign interventionist policies.

"America's bidding?" Yea i love that one. So we give these nations $Billions in American Tax Payer cash but we're not supposed to make any demands or get our money's worth? That seems pretty lame to me. Of course we have expectations. You don't give all that cash away with no strings attached. "America's bidding?" H*LL YES! Don't like it,don't take our cash. Some of these countries have a lot of nerve. They take our cash but then expect us to just shut up and go away? Man,what a scam. Even more reason to end these failed foreign interventionist policies.

Yep, our government can't even nation build correctly. hey I have an idea, let's put them in charge of health care... oh wait......

“The $400m offered by (US President Barack) Obama are not for Gaza but for the Palestinian Authority which will distribute part of it in Gaza, but not to Hamas,” Meshaal told a news conference in Sudan’s capital. “The money will be given to (Palestinian prime minister) Salam Fayyad” in the occupied West Bank, he said. On Wednesday Obama announced a $400m aid package for the West Bank and Gaza, saying it demonstrated America’s commitment to improving the lives of Palestinians.
Hamas won?t touch US aid to Palestinians: Meshaal

Yea all that whining about "America's Bidding" is absolutely ridiculous. So they want to take our hard-earned Tax Dollars but they don't want us to have any say? Seems like a pretty raw deal for us no? Where is this $500 Million really going? Do we really know? I seriously doubt it. Just a blank check in the end. People should be much more outraged over this stuff.

Forum List

Back