50 years ago today

I am of the mind if the protest was peaceful, the group is well within their rights to protest, however you need to be aware of the consequences.

In this case I think the National Guard could have taken different measures, however pitching rocks at the Guard was not a smart move either.
Showing up as a military cadre with live ammunition loaded in their weapons was not a smart move. In fact, it was a criminally lethal move.

I am of the mind if the protest was peaceful, the group is well within their rights to protest, however you need to be aware of the consequences.

In this case I think the National Guard could have taken different measures, however pitching rocks at the Guard was not a smart move either.
Showing up as a military cadre with live ammunition loaded in their weapons was not a smart move. In fact, it was a criminally lethal move.

No crime, just your intolerant sensationalism. They took the guns to a place where it was legal to take them. It was a peaceful protest. You have nothing.

Name the crime? They took the guns to a place where it was legal to take them. It was a peaceful protest. You have nothing.
The fact that uniformed and lethally armed agents of the state fired indiscriminately into a crowd of unarmed students is the crime.

May 4th 1970 the Ohio National Guard murdered four students on the campus of Kent State University. Never forget how the state chose to deal with its citizens.
They "murdered" no one. These were VERY radical revolutionaries who's intent was murder and commit arson.

Fuck them.

I'm not advocating cold blooded murder.
But I'm also smart enough to know that you can kill a person with a rock so, when you throw a rock at someone, you should expect a violent response.
What type of response would you expect?
If demonstrators attack you, you have every right to defend yourself...

Okay ... a child throws a rock at you and your first instinct is to MACHINE GUN THEM DOWN ... that's cold blooded murder and you're a monster for advocating that ...

Sounds like you're the type of person who would jump in front of a rock just so you have an excuse to KILL ...

ETA: My bad, these were semi-auto M1's the National Guard had ...

Last edited:
Tragic.

I wonder what would've happened had the students not attacked the guardsmen with rocks...
First, none of the Guardsmen were killed. Second, the students who were murdered were killed in the parking lot of Taylor Hall while they were changing classes.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

First, whether or not any of the guardsmen were killed is immaterial.

Second, two of the dead were protesters...
Boy I bet you wish you were right. But you're not. If you study history, you would look at the time line. And when is it acceptable to kill demonstrators?

Boy, I bet you wish you were smarter.

But you're not.

You see, I am right:

"The shootings killed four students and wounded nine. Two of the four students killed, Allison Krause and Jeffrey Miller, had participated in the protest."

Kent State Shooting

And when is it acceptable to kill demonstrators? When those demonstrators attack you, that's when...
So the penalty for protesting is death?

Where did I say that? Right, dipshit, I didn't.

The question was asked "When is it acceptable to kill demonstrators?" The answer is "When the demonstrators attack you", which is what they chose to do at Kent State...
Typical assdfuck, blabs & then denies he said it. Just like Trump.

Name the crime? They took the guns to a place where it was legal to take them. It was a peaceful protest. You have nothing.
The fact that uniformed and lethally armed agents of the state fired indiscriminately into a crowd of unarmed students is the crime.

I apologize, I thought you were talking about Michigan.

I see nothing wrong with the National Guard showing up armed and many protests often got out of hand. I do not agree to firing indiscriminately into a crowd, I do not agree with them being called unarmed. Having rocks and throwing them is dangerous and potentially lethal.

The closest wounded student to the National Guard was 75 feet away ... the closest murder victim was 275 feet away ...
Indiscriminate shooting rampage ...

I see nothing wrong with the National Guard showing up armed and many protests often got out of hand. I do not agree to firing indiscriminately into a crowd, I do not agree with them being called unarmed. Having rocks and throwing them is dangerous and potentially lethal.

Can you throw a rock 275 feet? ... Can you hit a person with a rock from 275 feet? ... why do you think the person standing 275 feet away should be murdered? ... just asking is all ...

I apologize, I thought you were talking about Michigan.

Lefties either are unaware or have forgotten who the SDS and Weathermen were. Or they support their agenda.

I choose option #3

Lefties either are unaware or have forgotten who the SDS and Weathermen were. Or they support their agenda.
I choose option #3

Nice point ... because Dylann Roof branished the Confederate Battle Flag when he massacred all those innocent folks in South Carolina ... we're allowed to gun down anyone with that flag ... and it's not cold blooded murder ... the logic follows but it's still murder ...

Can you throw a rock 275 feet? ... Can you hit a person with a rock from 275 feet? ... why do you think the person standing 275 feet away should be murdered? ... just asking is all ...

When stupid people do stupid things, it can endanger others. Should the National Guard have laid down their weapons and pick up rocks and throw them back?

I'm not advocating cold blooded murder.
But I'm also smart enough to know that you can kill a person with a rock so, when you throw a rock at someone, you should expect a violent response.
What type of response would you expect?
If demonstrators attack you, you have every right to defend yourself...

Okay ... a child throws a rock at you and your first instinct is to MACHINE GUN THEM DOWN ... that's cold blooded murder and you're a monster for advocating that ...

Sounds like you're the type of person who would jump in front of a rock just so you have an excuse to KILL ...

ETA: My bad, these were semi-auto M1's the National Guard had ...

Now you're just being stupid.

Allison Krause was 19 years old; older than some of the people whose participation in the Vietnam War she was protesting. Jeffrey Miller was 20. Both were participating in the protest, and that protest was anything but peaceful.

Neither was a child, so stop being a dipshit...

The closest wounded student to the National Guard was 75 feet away ... the closest murder victim was 275 feet away ...
Indiscriminate shooting rampage ...

Ever been in combat? No? I have.

You don't exactly go out and measure your distance from your adversary before you start shooting, dipshit...

When stupid people do stupid things, it can endanger others. Should the National Guard have laid down their weapons and pick up rocks and throw them back?
Now you're just being stupid.
Allison Krause was 19 years old; older than some of the people whose participation in the Vietnam War she was protesting. Jeffrey Miller was 20. Both were participating in the protest, and that protest was anything but peaceful.
Neither was a child, so stop being a dipshit...

Cold blooded murder is your answer ... and you call me the dipshit ...
I ask again, can you throw a rock 275 feet? ...

Forum List

Back