50 years ago today

Tragic.

I wonder what would've happened had the students not attacked the guardsmen with rocks...
First, none of the Guardsmen were killed. Second, the students who were murdered were killed in the parking lot of Taylor Hall while they were changing classes.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

First, whether or not any of the guardsmen were killed is immaterial.

Second, two of the dead were protesters...

May 4th 1970 the Ohio National Guard murdered four students on the campus of Kent State University. Never forget how the state chose to deal with its citizens.
Like all morally impoverished leftists you take the anomaly and try and make it the norm.
Maybe that's why the far left has never gained any real power in this country.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Tragic.

I wonder what would've happened had the students not attacked the guardsmen with rocks...
First, none of the Guardsmen were killed. Second, the students who were murdered were killed in the parking lot of Taylor Hall while they were changing classes.

Boy I bet you wish you were right. But you're not. If you study history, you would look at the time line. And when is it acceptable to kill demonstrators?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I've been looking over some of VP Agnew's quotes from around that time ... funny how Republican rhetoric is still the same ... Democrats are evil, Democrats hate America, Democrats sponsor acts of violence ... the only good protester is a dead protester ...

Weird eh? ...

Agnew was convicted of felony tax evasion ... sound familiar? ... ha ha ha ...

Tragic.

And so that justifies the NG opening fire.

It could, yes, as it demonstrated that the protesters were willing to use violence...
The murdered protesters were unarmed.

They threw rocks at the guardsmen...
:yourpointsmile:

The point is that they used violence against the guardsmen who, up to that point, had not fired on the protesters...

Tragic.

It could, yes, as it demonstrated that the protesters were willing to use violence...

The point is that they used violence against the guardsmen who, up to that point, had not fired on the protesters...
They should have been arrested, not murdered.

Tragic.

Boy I bet you wish you were right. But you're not. If you study history, you would look at the time line. And when is it acceptable to kill demonstrators?

Boy, I bet you wish you were smarter.

But you're not.

You see, I am right:

"The shootings killed four students and wounded nine. Two of the four students killed, Allison Krause and Jeffrey Miller, had participated in the protest."

Kent State Shooting

And when is it acceptable to kill demonstartors? When those demonstrators attack you, that's when...

I am of the mind if the protest was peaceful, the group is well within their rights to protest, however you need to be aware of the consequences.

In this case I think the National Guard could have taken different measures, however pitching rocks at the Guard was not a smart move either.

Tragic.

They should have been arrested, not murdered.

Well, that can be debated, because it would've proved to be a ridiculously dangerous thing to do, as the protestors were throwing rocks at the guardsmen. There would've been no reason for the guardsmen to believe they would've stopped throwing rocks at them as they approached to protesters to take them into custody...

Tragic.

Boy, I bet you wish you were smarter.

But you're not.

You see, I am right:

"The shootings killed four students and wounded nine. Two of the four students killed, Allison Krause and Jeffrey Miller, had participated in the protest."

Kent State Shooting

And when is it acceptable to kill demonstartors? When those demonstrators attack you, that's when...
So the penalty for protesting is death?

Forum List

Back