50# Bag of Whole Corn Up 50% In Two Months....Thanks Tater

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Went to my local co-op to get a bag of whole corn and a bag of wild bird seed.

I knew what the bird seed was so when the young lady that rang it up told me the total I asked if she made a mistake.....Nope.

Two months ago I paid right at $10.00 for a bag of whole corn, now it's $14.99. A 33% 50% increase.

Now I know that's the joe homeowner/hobby farmer price but damn. :eusa_wall:

Thanks Tater.

Last edited:

I knew what the bird seed was so when the young lady that rang it up told me the total I asked if she made a mistake.....Nope.

Two months ago I paid right at $10.00 for a bag of whole corn, now it's $14.99. A 33% increase.

Thanks Tater.
Sounds like a 50% increase to me. Was $10 & increased by $5.

Cattle feed is up 35%. Was $10, now $13.50.
Round bales are outrageous if you can find them in the drought conditions this year.
Diesel prices remain high & farm equipment parts are hard to find.

It's not looking good from my point of view. The price we get is not reflected in the price the consumer pays so many ranchers are struggling

Sounds like a 50% increase to me. Was $10 & increased by $5.

Cattle feed is up 35%. Was $10, now $13.50.
Round bales are outrageous if you can find them in the drought conditions this year.
Diesel prices remain high & farm equipment parts are hard to find.

It's not looking good from my point of view. The price we get is not reflected in the price the consumer pays so many ranchers are struggling
Yeah, you are right....Damn, worse than what I thought. ;)

Two months ago I paid right at $10.00 for a bag of whole corn, now it's $14.99. A 33% 50% increase.

Thanks Tater.
Farmers and truckers are getting crushed under Bidenomics. Go Green, Go Broke.

Thanks Tater.

Same here. I think I paid $13.99 at tractor supply last week for a couple bags (I feed the deer). The deer corn labeled bags were only 40 pounds but like $9.99. They sold out quick of those. Bird seed. Well that has been going on awhile. That was one of the things that perplexed me. Stores sold completely out and it was hard to find locally in large bags for most of 2020 into 2021. Since then I can find it, but it is a lot more expensive than it used to be. I have also noticed a big spike in suet cakes. The 69 cent ones at rural king became like a buck 10 and the 99 cents ones are now like buck fifty to eighty depending on where you go.

Same here. I think I paid $13.99 at tractor supply last week for a couple bags (I feed the deer). The deer corn labeled bags were only 40 pounds but like $9.99. They sold out quick of those. Bird seed. Well that has been going on awhile. That was one of the things that perplexed me. Stores sold completely out and it was hard to find locally in large bags for most of 2020 into 2021. Since then I can find it, but it is a lot more expensive than it used to be. I have also noticed a big spike in suet cakes. The 69 cent ones at rural king became like a buck 10 and the 99 cents ones are now like buck fifty to eighty depending on where you go.
I can still get the plain jane suet cakes (Suet Plus) for about .75 cents by the 8 cake box.....They used to be .49 cents.

The bird seed was maybe a couple of bucks higher since last Fall. I usually buy enough in the early fall to last the winter and mix it 50/50 with black oil sunflower seed in a wheelbarrow. It's a big hit.

This time of year I don't use feeders but just toss a few ounces on the ground for the "locals" first thing in the morning.

Hell it's got so I have to take my seed and cake feeders in at night due to the bear.

i make my own seed blocks...fruit and nut mix increased in price...i want to say it nearly double

black oil seeds have gone up a few dollars a 40 lb bag...chicken feed has gone up

Thanks Tater.
Thank Biden for the drought and heat wave, a tropical heatwave.

I can still get the plain jane suet cakes (Suet Plus) for about .75 cents by the 8 cake box.....They used to be .49 cents.

The bird seed was maybe a couple of bucks higher since last Fall. I usually buy enough in the early fall to last the winter and mix it 50/50 with black oil sunflower seed in a wheelbarrow. It's a big hit.

This time of year I don't use feeders but just toss a few ounces on the ground for the "locals" first thing in the morning.

Hell it's got so I have to take my seed and cake feeders in at night due to the bear.

I just buy the sam's club bird seed at $30 for 40 pounds that is already mixed with lots of sunflower seeds these days. Used to get the pennington cherry flavored wild bird mix but after covid its price jumped about 5 a bag and it seemed to have a lot less sunflower seeds and a lot more filler crap the birds don't really eat. I have to use mounted feeders because of all the cats in the area else I feel like I am facilitating genocide LOL. At least with the feeders in the air, the cats can focus on the moles that congregate under them looking for bits.

I used to put cobs out in the winter for the squirrels but they are in the corn and bird seed so often I just stopped. I also buy a bag of sweet feed to half and half with the deer corn in the winter months. Deer don't seem to like it but the dove and squirrels will sit there all freaking day eating it until they are so fat they can't move.

I mainly do the suet for the woodpeckers. Keeps them from waking me up every day at an ungodly hour pecking if they have something easier to get to.

Feed the birds now so they're plump come winter when Xiden's food shortages kick in.
But use nets - don't shoot 'em. Too great a chance of having nothing to pick up off the ground but feathers.

Remember the ravens and vultures. Abortion clinics should NOT ust throw out the unsold bits! Put them on the roof to feed our future food source.

Feed the birds now so they're plump come winter when Xiden's food shortages kick in.
But use nets - don't shoot 'em. Too great a chance of having nothing to pick up off the ground but feathers.

Remember the ravens and vultures. Abortion clinics should NOT ust throw out the unsold bits! Put them on the roof to feed our future food source.

Are buzzards good eating?​

The only feathered beast I would recommend that you avoid is the vulture. Its diet (rotten meat) leaves it tasting like its meals and keeps it pumped full of the worst bacteria. It’s a bad sign that nothing eats a dead buzzard–not even other buzzards.

The same goes for ravens and crows.

Forum List

Back