5 years of legal POT is devastating Colorado Springs.

I'm for legalization....and so is the younger generation:

iu

I don't know. I've never been drunk. I've never had a drink at all. I've always been too concerned about my temper to get drunk. Suppose I lost that temper and couldn't catch it? I'm make Manson look like an altar boy.
Well, then. It seems we've hit on a constructive element: If you have a temper problem you should know there is no more suitable tranquilizer for dealing with that than one or two hits on a potent marijuana cigarette. And the only reason I'm suggesting ingestion by smoking is that is the fastest route to the brain and it will bring you down from even the most severe episode of rage in just a few seconds.

There is no more effective tranquilizer than marijuana, which is one reason why the pharmaceutical industry spends so much money lobbying to keep marijuana illegal. Legal marijuana will knock a big hole in its bottom line.
You should not be giving medical advice when you aren't qualified and don't know what you're talking about. It's called Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Thankfully I aged out of the worst of it. Marijuana assists in loosening inhibitions.

I do not drink nor use drugs because I doubt my ability to regain control.

As I have explained to you before. I do understand that you are a severe drug addict and drugs are the answer to everything. But it's not really. You may never understand until you are free of the addiction.
what a crock of shit.....

The legal pot movement is funded by the auto industry. They love all the car crashes. Car crashes mean car sales.

EDITORIAL: The sad anniversary of Big Commercial Pot in Colorado

nov 21 2017 This week marks the fifth anniversary of Colorado's decision to sanction the world's first anything-goes commercial pot trade.

Five years later, we remain an embarrassing cautionary tale. Residential neighborhoods throughout Colorado Springs reek of marijuana, as producers fill rental homes with plants.

Five years of retail pot coincide with five years of a homelessness growth rate that ranks among the highest rates in the country. Directors of homeless shelters, and people who live on the streets, tell us homeless substance abusers migrate here for easy access to pot.

Five years of Big Marijuana ushered in a doubling in the number of drivers involved in fatal crashes who tested positive for marijuana, based on research by the pro-legalization Denver Post.

Five years of commercial pot have been five years of more marijuana in schools than teachers and administrators ever feared.

The investigation found an increase in high school drug violations of 71 percent since legalization. School suspensions for drugs increased 45 percent.

Since legalization happened 5 years ago, its reasonable to assume the amount of people testing positive would increase in all defined groups. Church members who use pot has at least doubled. . Coffee drinkers who test positive for pot has at least doubled. Left handed line dancers who still love Billy Ray Cyrus who test positive for pot have at least doubled.. You got anything that says marijuana use caused car crashes to double?

Common sense.

"doubling in the number of drivers involved in fatal crashes who tested positive for marijuana, based on research by the pro-legalization Denver Post."

People who are "high" are more easily distracted. Makes sense. Well, unless you're high.

You high bruh?
If I smoked weed a few weeks ago, it's going to show up on a drug test. Testing positive doesn't mean they were high at the time of the crash. Use a little common sense.

IN STATES WITH MEDICAL MARIJUANA, PAINKILLER DEATHS DROP BY 25 PERCENT

In states with medical marijuana, painkiller deaths drop by 25%

Opioid-related deaths fell 6.5% after recreational marijuana legalized in Colorado, research finds
Blair Miller
12:26 PM, Oct 16, 2017
1:21 PM, Oct 16, 2017
american journal of public health | colorado marijuana opioid | colorado marijuana reduction opioid related deaths| opioid related deaths recreational marijuana | colorado recreational marijuana and opioids

Opioid-related deaths fell 6.5% after recreational marijuana legalized in Colorado, research finds

Now I have never used pot and probably never will, but I would rather be around someone stoned than drunk on alcohol.
Will someone give rocks a calculator. 6,5 % drop in opioid deaths and a doubling in traffic fatalities of people who have pot in their system.

h[URL="http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/25/colorado-marijuana-traffic-fatalities/"]More drivers in fatal crashes in Colorado are testing for marijuana use, at higher levelsttp://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/16/study-marijuana-legalization-reduced-opioid-deaths-colorado/[/URL]

Maybe for him it is just second hand smoke.

It's odd that Colorado gets to be the poster child for legal pot...why not Washington State?

Anyway..it does seem as though that battle in the culture war is finished...Nancy lost.

iu

You should not be giving medical advice when you aren't qualified and don't know what you're talking about. It's called Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Thankfully I aged out of the worst of it. Marijuana assists in loosening inhibitions.

As I have explained to you before. I do understand that you are a severe drug addict and drugs are the answer to everything. But it's not really. You may never understand until you are free of the addiction.

Marijuana? You're thinking of alcohol, which is well known as "the social LUBRICANT" specifically BECAUSE it is known for "loosening inhibitions". You've already admitted to never having tried it, yes?
So, you have no idea what you're saying, especially because you have no real world frame of reference as regards marijuana.
The main thing marijuana does is act as an analgesic. It's a pain medication, an anti-inflammatory and it induces a calm and mildly euphoric feeling.
And blanket statements like "I do understand that you are a severe drug addict and drugs are the answer to everything" seem to represent a rather fundamentalist and knee jerk reactionary response.
Persons who engage in occasional marijuana use aren't "drug addicts" any more than the man who has a beer after work is an alcoholic.
The main component of addiction, the main sign of it, is the ability to manage.
If a person's life has become unmanageable due to the presence of the addictive substance in their lives, they are clearly an addict.
Referring to a "normie" user who has a perfectly manageable life as "a severe drug addict" is not only an ignorant statement, it's pure character assassination fueled by some kind of an agenda.

This doesn't mean that I personally would recommend marijuana to someone with IED disorder.
Chances are you may also have some bipolar symptoms in the background and pot isn't a good idea for that issue because the down cycle in a bipolar person would tend to get exacerbated by something like pot.
The most common treatment for depressive and anxiety disorders is Zoloft, but in severe cases, a neurologist may wish to check for overall seratonin levels and check for damage to the prefrontal cortex and the amygdala in particular.

May I ask if you have been treated for CTE? (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy)
Are you a veteran? Have you been treated for PTSD?
I tae no psychoactive medications. I am not a veteran and I believe that PTSD is a phony condition made up to provide an excuse for objectionable behavior and drug use.

Alcoholics know they are alcoholics even if it has been 20 years since their last drink. Pot addicts are much the same. Even when they aren't using the desire is there. The justification is there. The need is there.

Addict like alcoholics see nothing but their drug of choice. It is the most beneficial substance in the world. It is the cure all. The world would be cured of all ills if only everyone was an addict too.

Marijuana? You're thinking of alcohol, which is well known as "the social LUBRICANT" specifically BECAUSE it is known for "loosening inhibitions". You've already admitted to never having tried it, yes?
So, you have no idea what you're saying, especially because you have no real world frame of reference as regards marijuana.
The main thing marijuana does is act as an analgesic. It's a pain medication, an anti-inflammatory and it induces a calm and mildly euphoric feeling.
And blanket statements like "I do understand that you are a severe drug addict and drugs are the answer to everything" seem to represent a rather fundamentalist and knee jerk reactionary response.
Persons who engage in occasional marijuana use aren't "drug addicts" any more than the man who has a beer after work is an alcoholic.
The main component of addiction, the main sign of it, is the ability to manage.
If a person's life has become unmanageable due to the presence of the addictive substance in their lives, they are clearly an addict.
Referring to a "normie" user who has a perfectly manageable life as "a severe drug addict" is not only an ignorant statement, it's pure character assassination fueled by some kind of an agenda.

This doesn't mean that I personally would recommend marijuana to someone with IED disorder.
Chances are you may also have some bipolar symptoms in the background and pot isn't a good idea for that issue because the down cycle in a bipolar person would tend to get exacerbated by something like pot.
The most common treatment for depressive and anxiety disorders is Zoloft, but in severe cases, a neurologist may wish to check for overall seratonin levels and check for damage to the prefrontal cortex and the amygdala in particular.

May I ask if you have been treated for CTE? (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy)
Are you a veteran? Have you been treated for PTSD?
I tae no psychoactive medications. I am not a veteran and I believe that PTSD is a phony condition made up to provide an excuse for objectionable behavior and drug use.

Alcoholics know they are alcoholics even if it has been 20 years since their last drink. Pot addicts are much the same. Even when they aren't using the desire is there. The justification is there. The need is there.

Addict like alcoholics see nothing but their drug of choice. It is the most beneficial substance in the world. It is the cure all. The world would be cured of all ills if only everyone was an addict too.
PTSD is is a phony condition?? You do know that most sufferers of PTSD are not Veterans, right? Any trauma can cause it...from on-going sexual/physical abuse..rape victims will flash back to their rape... to Combat situations. Cops and first responders are prime candidates for PTSD...as well as people caught in natural disasters...trapped in rubble for days..under prolonged, life-threatening stress. BTW...having PTSD is no guarantee that one will abuse substances..or behave badly. Many just carry the load....suicide out when it gets too heavy.

Your take on addiction is true enough...as long as you include the caveat that not everyone who uses a substance is an addict. I take a drink 4 times a year on average...Holidays usually. Pretty sure I'm not an alcoholic. Weed? I take it or leave it..mostly leave it...

In Brave New World, drugs aren't just pretty common; they're distributed en masse by the government. Yes, the government. So much for Just Say No, right? The drug in question here is soma, a hallucinogen described as "the perfect drug," with all the benefits (calming, surrealistic, ten-hour long highs) and none of those pesky drawbacks (you know, like brain damage). The citizens of the "World State" have been conditioned to love the drug, and they use it to escape any momentary bouts of dissatisfaction. And we mean any sense of dissatisfaction. The problem, as one character identifies, is that the citizens are essentially enslaved by the drug and turned into mindless drones. So while the government may encourage drug use, it only does so as a means of further controlling the population.

Same old song and dance!

Marijuana legalization has not increased traffic fatalities

Perhaps Mark Twain said it best: “If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed.” Recent headlines were a perfect example of Twain’s observation.

Some newspapers and news shows played up a story that contends legalized marijuana has made our roads and highways less safe. It may sound plausible, but the facts don’t support this assertion. In fact, marijuana legalization has not increased overall traffic fatality rates nor the total number of non-fatal crashes, according to two separate studies conducted by Columbia University and the University of Texas-Austin.

Additionally, Colorado State Patrol reports a decrease in the number of driving impaired accidents since marijuana sales became legal.

Despite this academic research and on-the-ground expertise from state police, it was a study from a group supported by auto insurers last week that captured the most – and loudest – headlines. “Car crashes leap in states with legalized marijuana,” was just one of many headlines characterizing The Highway Loss Data Institute’s (HLDI) finding that three states where marijuana is legal – Colorado, Washington and Oregon – had an increase in traffic accidents.

However, the group lacked any data showing that the increase in collisions was caused by drivers under the influence of marijuana. Although distracted driving such as texting, road construction and more miles driven have been noted by insurance companies as possible factors for increased collision rates, the HLDI asserts that because there was an increase of insurance claims in states with legal marijuana, the two must be linked.

In Brave New World, drugs aren't just pretty common; they're distributed en masse by the government. Yes, the government. So much for Just Say No, right? The drug in question here is soma, a hallucinogen described as "the perfect drug," with all the benefits (calming, surrealistic, ten-hour long highs) and none of those pesky drawbacks (you know, like brain damage). The citizens of the "World State" have been conditioned to love the drug, and they use it to escape any momentary bouts of dissatisfaction. And we mean any sense of dissatisfaction. The problem, as one character identifies, is that the citizens are essentially enslaved by the drug and turned into mindless drones. So while the government may encourage drug use, it only does so as a means of further controlling the population.

"Brave New World" was a work of fiction set 600 years in the future, not a documentary.

Try "The Doors of Perception".

But I'm guessing you'd like "Death Squad Dreams" better.

The legal pot movement is funded by the auto industry. They love all the car crashes. Car crashes mean car sales.

EDITORIAL: The sad anniversary of Big Commercial Pot in Colorado

nov 21 2017 This week marks the fifth anniversary of Colorado's decision to sanction the world's first anything-goes commercial pot trade.

Five years later, we remain an embarrassing cautionary tale. Residential neighborhoods throughout Colorado Springs reek of marijuana, as producers fill rental homes with plants.

Five years of retail pot coincide with five years of a homelessness growth rate that ranks among the highest rates in the country. Directors of homeless shelters, and people who live on the streets, tell us homeless substance abusers migrate here for easy access to pot.

Five years of Big Marijuana ushered in a doubling in the number of drivers involved in fatal crashes who tested positive for marijuana, based on research by the pro-legalization Denver Post.

Five years of commercial pot have been five years of more marijuana in schools than teachers and administrators ever feared.

The investigation found an increase in high school drug violations of 71 percent since legalization. School suspensions for drugs increased 45 percent.

Since legalization happened 5 years ago, its reasonable to assume the amount of people testing positive would increase in all defined groups. Church members who use pot has at least doubled. . Coffee drinkers who test positive for pot has at least doubled. Left handed line dancers who still love Billy Ray Cyrus who test positive for pot have at least doubled.. You got anything that says marijuana use caused car crashes to double?

Common sense.

"doubling in the number of drivers involved in fatal crashes who tested positive for marijuana, based on research by the pro-legalization Denver Post."

People who are "high" are more easily distracted. Makes sense. Well, unless you're high.

You high bruh?

It doesn’t say that the number of crashes, or fatalities has increased. The facts are that all DUI’s are up in Colorado. What is also up is unrestrained occupant fatalities. That is to say the folks who crash aren’t wearing seatbelts.

But wait, the cops themselves, and the Colorado Department of Transportation officials say that testing positive for marijuana is not proof of driving while impaired. You see, the marijuana can remain in your system for weeks.

More drivers in fatal crashes in Colorado are testing for marijuana use, at higher levels

Positive test results reflected in the NHTSA data do not indicate whether a driver was high at the time of the crash since traces of marijuana use from weeks earlier also can appear as a positive result.

Well we know all we need to right? I mean, it must be linked. So this proves that our insane war on Marijuana is in fact a good thing. Because, um. Yeah.

When in fact, if we legalized all drugs, and taxed it like alcohol or tobacco, we could generate more than $80 Billion. That’s eighty billion dollars. Doubt me? Truthfully, that is actually a very conservative estitmate. I think it would be closer to double that. But let’s go with the facts.

Opinion: War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN

In 2012, it would have cut costs of the “war on drugs” by more than $40 billion dollars. Taxing it then would have brought $40 billion into the coffers. That’s eighty billion if your math can’t handle it.

Drug use is up, and our expenses on it are through the roof. But we’re going to stubbornly stay the course because um. Yeah. Because.

Of course, if we had legalized drugs, we would outlaw herbal tea to keep the DEA doing something. Because we are idiots and can’t stand to shut down a failed Federal Program. We just keep doubling down, no matter how much it costs, or how badly it fails.

We limited Psudofed to cut back on Crystal Meth. We now have to jump through hoops to get the most effective medication for allergies. We have also seen an increase on Crystal Meth by more than 1,000%. Yes, I really meant to type one thousand percent. That is according to the DEA. But what would they know. You know the war on drugs works man. Eventually we’ll have enough prisons to lock up everyone, and then there will be no drugs right? Except that drugs are available in the prisons, which are arguably the most controlled environments for our citizens that we have.

Well. Fuck. War on Drugs no matter what.

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... marijuana kills...

... the work ethic...

... makes ya wanna lay around...

... an' do nuthin'."

So they would be just like you? Except that they wouldn’t worship the police.

Want to piss off a conservative?

Tell them a lie.

Want to piss off a liberal?

Tell them the truth.

I favor full Pot legalization. Period. (The war on drugs is a failure. Declare victory and end it.)

But I want HEAVY penalties for driving under the influence. We need to have ZERO tolerance for drunk and stoned drivers.

Forum List

Back