5 years of legal POT is devastating Colorado Springs.

In Brave New World, drugs aren't just pretty common; they're distributed en masse by the government. Yes, the government. So much for Just Say No, right? The drug in question here is soma, a hallucinogen described as "the perfect drug," with all the benefits (calming, surrealistic, ten-hour long highs) and none of those pesky drawbacks (you know, like brain damage). The citizens of the "World State" have been conditioned to love the drug, and they use it to escape any momentary bouts of dissatisfaction. And we mean any sense of dissatisfaction. The problem, as one character identifies, is that the citizens are essentially enslaved by the drug and turned into mindless drones. So while the government may encourage drug use, it only does so as a means of further controlling the population.

"Brave New World" was a work of fiction set 600 years in the future, not a documentary.

Try "The Doors of Perception".

But I'm guessing you'd like "Death Squad Dreams" better.

Soma (Pot) is the answer to all of life's problems and is invented in an attempt to distract society from worry, tension, and pain. The drug is rationed by the government and is normally consumed after a hard day's work. In this utopian society, people choose to "know no pain". Instead of suffering, people fill their days with the mindless acts they were predestined to perform. At the end of each day, everyone gathers in crowded distribution rooms and waits eagerly to receive the one thing that truly makes the day worthwhile, which is his or her ration of soma (Pot). This valuable drug goes beyond the literal meaning in which it is being used and becomes the one thing that everyone really lives for. The idea in the novel is that pleasure is the most powerful motivator. So by giving the masses pleasure, the directors keep the world running smoothly. The directors also eliminate the time between desire and fulfillment, so one cannot help but take the quick fix of soma (pot) rather than using logic to figure out his or her problems. It is the mass' motivator and problem solver, and brings the people all the great moods and feelings that they could possible ask for because of its hypnotic power to relax the mind.

Relax, it's just pot.

Looks like the Feds are trotting out their tried and true weapon against pot - first they claim road safety, then it gives them the in to withhold federal highway funds from the states who refuse to criminalize. They played this same game back in the early 90s; and won.

I haven't smoked pot since the 90s, I'd quit just before they made it illegal up here, never looked back frankly so no, absolutely /not/ addictive. Now, cigarettes are addictive, I've been trying to ditch those bastard sticks for probably 10 years now (I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and Chantrix, figure out some way to deal with the fucking hell-hole of my dreams due to my syn - those nicotine patch things cost me stitches and fixing a broken headboard cause I tweaked out big time :/ )

Aaaanyway... even before the re-legalized up here shit tons were smoking all the time. I can't say as I've seen much difference between stoner employees and non-stoner employees (other than the stoners seem to have a better sense of humor.) On the other hand, I'm all for throwing them in jail for driving stoned, bastards need to not endanger others with their libations - smoke responsibly mother fuckers.

I tae no psychoactive medications. I am not a veteran and I believe that PTSD is a phony condition made up to provide an excuse for objectionable behavior and drug use.

It's a neurological and psychological condition well documented by the medical community in peer reviewed studies. In the turn of the Twentieth Century, PTSD was recognized by the term "shellshock", and later during World War Two, it was termed "battle fatigue" but the condition has been well documented by the medical community since the Nineteenth Century.
When the scientific community provided the medical community the tools to accurately measure and quantify comorbidity, physiological effects, hormone levels, cardiac activity, seratonin levels, brain wave patterns, and reflexes and much more, they were able to present a tested and proven case for an actual pathological condition that could be repeated under scientific conditions.
So much for your opinion, which is not backed up by anything remotely resembling science, or scientific fact, or well over a century of modern medical practice. As I said earlier, your agenda is showing, and much of it appears to be based on fear. That's all on you, and you should seek help for it.

Alcoholics know they are alcoholics even if it has been 20 years since their last drink. Pot addicts are much the same. Even when they aren't using the desire is there. The justification is there. The need is there.

Recovered alcoholics actually term themselves as "recovering alcoholics" due to the nature of their method of recovery from their illness because it is a psychological means of maintaining careful watch on their mental health, however when it comes to the physical aspects of their alcohol addiction, you're dead wrong.
The physical need for alcohol diminishes rapidly over time, not only as the liver recovers but also as the entire central nervous system recovers. What's left is the reward seeking patterns in the brain, and in the mind of the alcoholic, and the fight or flight patterns which govern the decision making process that an addict goes through when choosing to drink, or not drink.
If you are a "dry drunk", that is, one who has ceased drinking but has yet to seek help for their mental outlook and therefore continues to THINK the way a practicing alcoholic does, then again, that is all on you, sir.
But your theory absolutely fails in every way, especially in the face of scientific fact.

As regards marijuana, there is no lasting physical craving for cannabis because cannabis does not act on the central nervous system the way alcohol does. It is mostly analgesic in nature, therefore your theory would describe Tylenol and Advil users too, and neither group has ever had physical withdrawal symptoms for those medications either.

Addict like alcoholics see nothing but their drug of choice. It is the most beneficial substance in the world. It is the cure all. The world would be cured of all ills if only everyone was an addict too.

The more you say this, the more I see you painting a portrait of yourself.
For all the world it looks and sounds like pure projection, and I say this as someone who has been clean for twenty two years. You need a sponsor.

I tae no psychoactive medications. I am not a veteran and I believe that PTSD is a phony condition made up to provide an excuse for objectionable behavior and drug use.

It's a neurological and psychological condition well documented by the medical community in peer reviewed studies. In the turn of the Twentieth Century, PTSD was recognized by the term "shellshock", and later during World War Two, it was termed "battle fatigue" but the condition has been well documented by the medical community since the Nineteenth Century.
When the scientific community provided the medical community the tools to accurately measure and quantify comorbidity, physiological effects, hormone levels, cardiac activity, seratonin levels, brain wave patterns, and reflexes and much more, they were able to present a tested and proven case for an actual pathological condition that could be repeated under scientific conditions.
So much for your opinion, which is not backed up by anything remotely resembling science, or scientific fact, or well over a century of modern medical practice. As I said earlier, your agenda is showing, and much of it appears to be based on fear. That's all on you, and you should seek help for it.

Alcoholics know they are alcoholics even if it has been 20 years since their last drink. Pot addicts are much the same. Even when they aren't using the desire is there. The justification is there. The need is there.

Recovered alcoholics actually term themselves as "recovering alcoholics" due to the nature of their method of recovery from their illness because it is a psychological means of maintaining careful watch on their mental health, however when it comes to the physical aspects of their alcohol addiction, you're dead wrong.
The physical need for alcohol diminishes rapidly over time, not only as the liver recovers but also as the entire central nervous system recovers. What's left is the reward seeking patterns in the brain, and in the mind of the alcoholic, and the fight or flight patterns which govern the decision making process that an addict goes through when choosing to drink, or not drink.
If you are a "dry drunk", that is, one who has ceased drinking but has yet to seek help for their mental outlook and therefore continues to THINK the way a practicing alcoholic does, then again, that is all on you, sir.
But your theory absolutely fails in every way, especially in the face of scientific fact.

As regards marijuana, there is no lasting physical craving for cannabis because cannabis does not act on the central nervous system the way alcohol does. It is mostly analgesic in nature, therefore your theory would describe Tylenol and Advil users too, and neither group has ever had physical withdrawal symptoms for those medications either.

Addict like alcoholics see nothing but their drug of choice. It is the most beneficial substance in the world. It is the cure all. The world would be cured of all ills if only everyone was an addict too.

For all the world it looks and sounds like pure projection, and I say this as someone who has been clean for twenty two years. You need a sponsor.
For all the world it looks like, and I have never found the need to be either drunk nor high, you cannot survive without a crutch. It could be pot, booze some other drug or the manufactured mental illness of PTSD.

All of these conditions have the same treatment. Suck it up and stop being a weak pussy.

For all the world it looks like, and I have never found the need to be either drunk nor high, you cannot survive without a crutch. It could be pot, booze some other drug or the manufactured mental illness of PTSD.

All of these conditions have the same treatment. Suck it up and stop being a weak pussy.

All I have to say is go fuck yourself. Why should you get to impose your preferences on everyone else? The world would be much sadder place without alcohol. Man has been brewing it and consuming it for 10,000 years.

All I have to say is go fuck yourself. Why should you get to impose your preferences on everyone else? The world would be much sadder place without alcohol. Man has been brewing it and consuming it for 10,000 years.

Then stop saying that getting drunk, stoned, high, or drooling in an alley will make your life so much better.

Same thing with Cannabis/Hashish. I have no problem with either one as long as you don't pose a danger to others with your consumption.

IN STATES WITH MEDICAL MARIJUANA, PAINKILLER DEATHS DROP BY 25 PERCENT

In states with medical marijuana, painkiller deaths drop by 25%

Opioid-related deaths fell 6.5% after recreational marijuana legalized in Colorado, research finds
Blair Miller
12:26 PM, Oct 16, 2017
1:21 PM, Oct 16, 2017
american journal of public health | colorado marijuana opioid | colorado marijuana reduction opioid related deaths| opioid related deaths recreational marijuana | colorado recreational marijuana and opioids

Opioid-related deaths fell 6.5% after recreational marijuana legalized in Colorado, research finds

Now I have never used pot and probably never will, but I would rather be around someone stoned than drunk on alcohol.

Excellent points! Big pharma is the largest and SANCTIONED drug dealer in this country. No doubt pot use has risen with legalization, and I am all for enhanced education and monitoring to control it’s safe use. Make no mistake though, the state government isn’t about to give up a quarter billion dollars in tax revenue they receive from this product.

Perhaps it's a good thing you never were a veteran, but the unfortunate aspect of that is the fact that you speak from a very comfortable position, such comfort having been GRANTED BY the very same veterans who fought, sacrificed and even DIED in order for you to seek same.

Tell a sailor who was exposed to ionizing radiation while serving their country that they are a weak pussy when they first lose a kidney, then lose the ability to walk, then give birth to a son who has the same heart defects that the Chernobyl babies have, that she is a weak pussy.
Not only do you not know what you're talking about, you're insulting generations of brave men and women who put on the uniform so that you can be the keyboard commando that you are, levying judgment and pronouncement on people you don't even know, with neither the right, nor invitation, nor experience to form a frame of reference.

I'm done conversing with you. There is nothing to be gained in fighting demons which you construct in your own mind and then turn loose on the rest of the world as if your reality is universal, when it is both singular and myopic.
It's not only above my pay grade, it's only fortuitous to people who have real weakness, such as yourself.

Perhaps it's a good thing you never were a veteran, but the unfortunate aspect of that is the fact that you speak from a very comfortable position, such comfort having been GRANTED BY the very same veterans who fought, sacrificed and even DIED in order for you to seek same.

Tell a sailor who was exposed to ionizing radiation while serving their country that they are a weak pussy when they first lose a kidney, then lose the ability to walk, then give birth to a son who has the same heart defects that the Chernobyl babies have, that she is a weak pussy.
Not only do you not know what you're talking about, you're insulting generations of brave men and women who put on the uniform so that you can be the keyboard commando that you are, levying judgment and pronouncement on people you don't even know, with neither the right, nor invitation, nor experience to form a frame of reference.

You are conflating very real injuries and disabilities with injuries and disabilities that exist only in the mind of the sufferer. How dishonest of you! Why are you doing this? You would take a man who lost his leg and compare him to a man who imagines his leg is lost and find them equal. I would tell the second man to stand on his own two good legs and get the fuck out of here.

You are conflating very real injuries and disabilities with injuries and disabilities that exist only in the mind of the sufferer. How dishonest of you! Why are you doing this? You would take a man who lost his leg and compare him to a man who imagines his leg is lost and find them equal. I would tell the second man to stand on his own two good legs and get the fuck out of here.
dam you are an expert on the effects of pot,alcohol and now war....and yet you have never experienced any of them....no wonder you get laughed at so often around here....

dam you are an expert on the effects of pot,alcohol and now war....and yet you have never experienced any of them....no wonder you get laughed at so often around here....

Are you trying to support the idea that made up injuries are the same as real injuries? Do you need to have experience in war to know that it's phony when someone manufactures an injury.

Is this part of your own drug use problem? What do you know about what I have experienced?

Are you trying to support the idea that made up injuries are the same as real injuries? Do you need to have experience in war to know that it's phony when someone manufactures an injury.

Is this part of your own drug use problem? What do you know about what I have experienced?
i know because you told us you have never experienced any of those.....and who the fuck are you to judge people who have actually experienced war saying that what they are going through is all made up?.....is that all part of your dementia?...

Then stop saying that getting drunk, stoned, high, or drooling in an alley will make your life so much better.

Go fuck yourself, bitch. You're the kind that gives right wingers a bad name. No one is forcing you to drink or smoke weed. Whether other people want to do it is none of your fucking business.

Go fuck yourself, bitch. You're the kind that gives right wingers a bad name. No one is forcing you to drink or smoke weed. Whether other people want to do it is none of your fucking business.
Keep it in your cell. Don't inflict your addiction on anyone else including those on the road.

Keep it in your cell. Don't inflict your addiction on anyone else including those on the road.

What does "keep it in my cell" mean? How does smoking pot in your own home affect anyone, dingbat? The only ones who affect other people are drug warrior assholes who want to throw people in prison, destroy their lives, all for smoking a harmless weed.

You claim to believe in freedom. You've got to be fucking kidding me. You're a fascist Nazi goose stepping asshole.

I don't want to throw anyone in prison. Addiction is incurable. Take them to the park. Put a bullet in their heads.

Only Durerte has a war on drugs. That's the way he does it. It's how Singapore has no drug problem.

Not because they are destroying their lives. To keep them from destroying any one else's.

I don't want to throw anyone in prison. Addiction is incurable. Take them to the park. Put a bullet in their heads.

Only Durerte has a war on drugs. That's the way he does it. It's how Singapore has no drug problem.

Not because they are destroying their lives. To keep them from destroying any one else's.
So..you'd like someone like Durerte as President here, eh? Says a lot about you.

Forum List

Back