5 rock bands who SUCK

The Mothers of Invention...Anyone associated with Zappa, for that matter

Stevie Ray Vaughn

The Who

Pink Floyd

ELO...Anyone associated with Jeff Lynne

Dave Brubeck (though not a rock band, a brilliant composer)

Elvis Costello

INXS

Tom Petty

Collective Soul

Heart

J Geils

Just off the top of my head....
I like those on your list as well but don’t see a big difference between collective soul and oasis or hootie.

I like those on your list as well but don’t see a big difference between collective soul and oasis or hootie.
With a scant few exceptions, Hootie didn't write their own music...A few of the tunes were drawn up by Darius (the only talent in that group of hacks), the rest were boiler room crap.

Oaisis just plain sucked from the jump....Whining isn't singing.

Collective Soul had a range that neither of those hack bands did.

Everybody in the world should hate them. They are musics equivalent to Trump. It’s ok to laugh

Nickelback is neither low hanging fruit, nor is it something that is meant to be hated on.

They are hipster. And they mock the commercialization/corporatization . . . it is a post-modern statement. . .

In a way, yeah, precisely, they ARE the Trump of music. The WWE inc. of music if you will.

It is not my bag, but they purposely do, what they do. It is meant to be, "ironic."

If you understand that. . . then, necessarily, no, everyone should NOT hate them.

I don't care for juggelo's, or dead heads, that isn't my bag either, it is a type of expression. BUT, it is clear you get what they are doing. IT is a critique on the corporate music scene.

“We recorded [lyrics such as] ‘You look so much cuter with something in your mouth,’… I mean these songs, you guys play these songs on the radio! I think it is hilarious,” Kroeger says.

“Anybody that thinks that we take this band seriously is hilarious cause were just four goofballs sitting there going, ‘Can you imagine if they play this on the radio?’ Then you guys play it on the radio.”

Nickelback is neither low hanging fruit, nor is it something that is meant to be hated on.

They are hipster. And they mock the commercialization/corporatization . . . it is a post-modern statement. . .

In a way, yeah, precisely, they ARE the Trump of music. The WWE inc. of music if you will.

It is not my bag, but they purposely do, what they do. It is meant to be, "ironic."

If you understand that. . . then, necessarily, no, everyone should NOT hate them.

I don't care for juggelo's, or dead heads, that isn't my bag either, it is a type of expression. BUT, it is clear you get what they are doing. IT is a critique on the corporate music scene.

“We recorded [lyrics such as] ‘You look so much cuter with something in your mouth,’… I mean these songs, you guys play these songs on the radio! I think it is hilarious,” Kroeger says.

“Anybody that thinks that we take this band seriously is hilarious cause were just four goofballs sitting there going, ‘Can you imagine if they play this on the radio?’ Then you guys play it on the radio.”
IMO, that's the Peewee Herman copout...."I meant to do that".

They aren't a parody on purpose....They truly suck and should be embarrassed about it.

With a scant few exceptions, Hootie didn't write their own music...A few of the tunes were drawn up by Darius (the only talent in that group of hacks), the rest were boiler room crap.

Oaisis just plain sucked from the jump....Whining isn't singing.

Collective Soul had a range that neither of those hack bands did.
Vocals are only one element. You may dislike a particular vocal style but that doesn’t discount the entire band or songs. I for one don’t mind the higher range vocal style. Smashing Pumpkin's are whiny as hell but one of my top… same with GnR. And let’s face it,,, Zepplin who are one of the best of all time were whiny as shit

IMO, that's the Peewee Herman copout...."I meant to do that".

They aren't a parody on purpose....They truly suck and should be embarrassed about it.
It's possible.

I don't try to get into the heads of people, nor do I want to accuse folks of having motives other than what they say they are.

In my world, I take folks at face value. People don't have to be bad, shills, or sell-outs all the time. I'm not a music snob. I have a friend that owns a vinyl shop, that would tend to agree with you, but then, she also likes the Monkees, in an ironic sort of way. . . . so, I don't get the thinking of most folks.

If they say they are hipster, and just pale imitations for fun, fine.

Both points of view, can be true though. They aren't mutually exclusive realities of each other.

They CAN be a parody on purpose, because they have no real artistic vision, no pain, no struggle, no path of their own.

Just as, most folks realized, from a very early date, that "Weird Al" Yankovic, had no real talent or vision, but indeed, was really good at mocking others.

Popular music doesn't always have to be super serious. It can, just be vacuous, frivolous and fun sometimes.

I get the irony… of both Nickleback and Trump. The problem is when they are taken seriously by the public then try and play the part resulting in their BS oozing into our culture. It’s mind blowing

It's possible.

I don't try to get into the heads of people, nor do I want to accuse folks of having motives other than what they say they are.

In my world, I take folks at face value. People don't have to be bad, shills, or sell-outs all the time. I'm not a music snob. I have a friend that owns a vinyl shop, that would tend to agree with you, but then, she also likes the Monkees, in an ironic sort of way. . . . so, I don't get the thinking of most folks.

If they say they are hipster, and just pale imitations for fun, fine.

Both points of view, can be true though. They aren't mutually exclusive realities of each other.

They CAN be a parody on purpose, because they have no real artistic vision, no pain, no struggle, no path of their own.

Just as, most folks realized, from a very early date, that "Weird Al" Yankovic, had no real talent or vision, but indeed, was really good at mocking others.

Popular music doesn't always have to be super serious. It can, just be vacuous, frivolous and fun sometimes.
You must agree that Weird Al and Nickleback are two completely different things, right?

Vocals are only one element. You may dislike a particular vocal style but that doesn’t discount the entire band or songs. I for one don’t mind the higher range vocal style. Smashing Pumpkin's are whiny as hell but one of my top… same with GnR. And let’s face it,,, Zepplin who are one of the best of all time were whiny as shit
I merely pointed out the most glaring element of Oasis' suckery....Their "music" was dull as cold dishwater and pretentious as fuck.

The problem is when they are taken seriously by the public
Why?
then try and play the part resulting in their BS oozing into our culture. It’s mind blowing
I find the war crimes of Bush, Clinton, and Obama, the lies they have told, far more offensive and dangerous to the future of this nation, than anything that Trump could have ever possibly done.

If the public wants to take shitty music, just as seriously as good music?

The blues and folkway traditions of the nation, are, IMO, just as important as the classical artistic traditions.

Let the people have their minstrels.

You must agree that Weird Al and Nickleback are two completely different things, right?
I will agree with that, only on the condition that you agree that there is not a dime's worth of difference between Trump, Biden, Bush, Obama, and Clinton. . . .

I merely pointed out the most glaring element of Oasis' suckery....Their "music" was dull as cold dishwater and pretentious as fuck.
I defy anyone to really tell me what the hell "Champagne Soapernova," is about, and how anyone could even start to compare that, to a song like C.S.'s December.

What a dumb argument.

It is self evident. It doesn't even take a lot of thinking or knowledge about music on its face.

The lead singer was pretentious. Their music was extremely catchy which is why they got to be so popular. Same for U2 and Coldplay. They knew how to make people feel good through easy to digest melodies

I will agree with that, only on the condition that you agree that there is not a dime's worth of difference between Trump, Biden, Bush, Obama, and Clinton. . . .
Politically not a big difference between presidents. But their effect on the culture and population. I do see many differences. Never seen polarization like what Trump has brought upon us

Forum List

Back