5 Memphis Police Officers Fired After Suspect Dies

They were COPS you ignorant, racist hag. COPS murdering unarmed and innocent black folks is what got BLM started.
Sigh .. This is so overblown, as though thousands of "unarmed" black people are killed annually, when in reality its a rather small number and unarmed doesn't always mean non-violent. Many claim Michael Brown was unarmed and when reality reasserted itself, we all learned a different story.

So please .. stop with the regurgitated narrative of unarmed and innocent black people being slaughtered ..

Sigh .. This is so overblown, as though thousands of "unarmed" black people are killed annually, when in reality its a rather small number and unarmed doesn't always mean non-violent. Many claim Michael Brown was unarmed and when reality reasserted itself, we all learned a different story.

So please .. stop with the regurgitated narrative of unarmed and innocent black people being slaughtered ..

And almost daily now we see officers getting fired over things that wouldn't even have got them a reprimand in the past.

We see officers facing charges for acts that would have got them an accomadation in the past.

Rational people understood there was a problem and we are addressing it even though far too many do not like that.

And almost daily now we see officers getting fired over things that wouldn't even have got them a reprimand in the past.

We see officers facing charges for acts that would have got them an accomadation in the past.

Rational people understood there was a problem and we are addressing it even though far too many do not like that.
irrational people over-exaggerate the "unarmed innocent" black people narrative.

Responding to Superbadbrutha:

“Why was BLM created? Don’t give me the right wing version.”

Who gives a flying fuck as to how how and why BLM was created when they are either or condoning the burning, looting, and beatings in black neighborhoods. Regardless of the answer you get from myself or the bullshit retort you provide, how about asking BLM as to why they participate or condone destruction of Black neighborhoods?
blacks are killing blacks. they need to fix that.

Responding to Superbadbrutha:

“Why was BLM created? Don’t give me the right wing version.”

Who gives a flying fuck as to how how and why BLM was created when they are either or condoning the burning, looting, and beatings in black neighborhoods. Regardless of the answer you get from myself or the bullshit retort you provide, how about asking BLM as to why they participate or condone destruction of Black neighborhoods?
Avoiding the question which isn't a surprise. Much of the burning, looting and beatings weren't taking place in black neighborhoods it was white folks doing a lot of that, but you ignore that. Also there have been many whites who have been a part of BLM.

I wonder how the national media will cover this one.

This could be interesting.

Five Memphis Police officers who were involved in the arrest of a 29-year-old suspect who died, have been fired amid growing unrest in the city, radio station KWAM NewsTalk Memphis reports.

Tyre Nichols had been pulled over by officers on Jan.7 and the police department said there had been some sort of confrontation. Nichols ran away, but was later arrested and another confrontation occurred.

The 29-year-old then complained of shortness of breath and was taken to the hospital. He died three days later.

Investigators have yet to reveal any details of the traffic stop – including why Nichols ran away from police.

His family posted a photograph showing Nichols with a badly beaten and disfigured face. He had also been intubated. Many citizens were horrified by the extent of injuries the young man had sustained.

Police Chief C.J. Davis announced Friday night that the five officers involved in the arrest of Nichols had violated multiple department policies including excessive use of force, duty to intervene and duty to render aid.

“Earlier today, each officer charged was terminated from the Memphis Police Department,” the police chief said.

Screen-Shot-2023-01-20-at-8.00.57-PM-1180x985.png

Since when do cops wear facial hair?

Avoiding the question which isn't a surprise. Much of the burning, looting and beatings weren't taking place in black neighborhoods it was white folks doing a lot of that, but you ignore that. Also there have been many whites who have been a part of BLM.
Re-read my post. I said BLM was either participating or CONDONING burning, looting, and beatings. The BLM head in Chicago justified it as a form of reparations.

I didn’t avoid anything. Not sure what neighborhood you were looking at but the burning looting and beatings absolutely took place in cities which are majority black. When I refer to BLM for hire, I am referring to the organization which Whites are a part and took part in the burning, looting, and beatings. In fact, pull up any burning, looting, and beating video in 2020 and you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who was not Black or White that was participating in the destruction of cities.

I didn’t avoid anything. Not sure what neighborhood you were looking at but the burning looting and beatings absolutely took place in cities which are majority black. When I refer to BLM for hire, I am referring to the organization which Whites are a part and took part in the burning, looting, and beatings. In fact, pull up any burning, looting, and beating video in 2020 and you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who was not Black or White that was participating in the destruction of cities.

These officers are not fired and facing charges without the previous violence to bring the actions of these officers and those who came before to people's attention.

Remember once again. People tried kneeling peacefully to get attention. They were called SOB's and had those they were appealing to, turn their backs on them.

irrational people over-exaggerate the "unarmed innocent" black people narrative.

Actually. It isn’t. The unarmed innocent are often victimized. Sometimes unto death.

This fellow followed instructions. He came out with his hands up. No crime was being committed. No drugs. No illegal activity at all.

Mod Edit: Graphic Video

I don’t care what color he is. I don’t care. I don’t care if he was committing a crime. He wasn’t. But it wouldn’t matter in this case. He was told to come out with his hands up and he was shot while complying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually. It isn’t. The unarmed innocent are often victimized. Sometimes unto death.

This fellow followed instructions. He came out with his hands up. No crime was being committed. No drugs. No illegal activity at all.

I don’t care what color he is. I don’t care. I don’t care if he was committing a crime. He wasn’t. But it wouldn’t matter in this case. He was told to come out with his hands up and he was shot while complying.

So what do you propose to do?

We've seen two years of less law and radically increasing lawlessness.

What, exactly, do you propose to do?

And how will whatever solution you propose help?

Be honest and precise.

I wonder how the national media will cover this one.

This could be interesting.

Five Memphis Police officers who were involved in the arrest of a 29-year-old suspect who died, have been fired amid growing unrest in the city, radio station KWAM NewsTalk Memphis reports.
Tyre Nichols had been pulled over by officers on Jan.7 and the police department said there had been some sort of confrontation. Nichols ran away, but was later arrested and another confrontation occurred.
The 29-year-old then complained of shortness of breath and was taken to the hospital. He died three days later.
Investigators have yet to reveal any details of the traffic stop – including why Nichols ran away from police.
His family posted a photograph showing Nichols with a badly beaten and disfigured face. He had also been intubated. Many citizens were horrified by the extent of injuries the young man had sustained.
Police Chief C.J. Davis announced Friday night that the five officers involved in the arrest of Nichols had violated multiple department policies including excessive use of force, duty to intervene and duty to render aid.
“Earlier today, each officer charged was terminated from the Memphis Police Department,” the police chief said.
Screen-Shot-2023-01-20-at-8.00.57-PM-1180x985.png

Man if that 29 year old was a honkey or a beaner ? Not a peep
We're he jEw~ish it would be called " slayed, slaughtered, annihilated"...shit like that

So what do you propose to do?

We've seen two years of less law and radically increasing lawlessness.

What, exactly, do you propose to do?

And how will whatever solution you propose help?

Be honest and precise.

Ok. First. We have polygraph testing for police. In order to maintain their powers as police they go on the box every six months. There they have to pass with simple questions. Have you planted evidence. Have you seen anyone plant evidence. Have you lied on a report. Have you seen anyone.

If you can’t pass the test you aren’t arrested, but you aren’t headed out with a badge and gun. This will identify corrupt and abusive police within the shortest possible time. And in time it will make the police like the old Ivory soap commercial. 99 44/100% pure.

Bad cops would not be able to hide. Expecting Jake to lose his job to protect you is too much. Jake will tell on you because if Jake doesn’t at the very next time on the polygraph Jake knows he will be caught and out of a job.

Before you argue that is insane. We do it to people with Top Secret Clearances. They get put on the box. And isn’t it the Law and Order types who always argue that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear?

Second. Actual investigations into use of force. Aircraft investigations examine every detail of every incident. This allows every facet to be known and every lesson to be learned. This helps prevent further errors in the future.

An example.

Now. From the time the suspect pulled the weapon I have zero issue with the police. They were danger close and believed the weapon was real. It was a justified shooting in my mind.

However. Lessons to be learned are far beyond that single part. They had the suspect contained in a well lit area. He was under control. Why not take him into custody then? Why not cuff and search him then? The entire shooting could have been avoided. Removing the suspect from a well lit area to a dark parking lot isn’t the smartest thing we’ve seen done.

There are a lot of lessons to be learned from every incident. But we have to want to learn them. If the pistol had been real both cops could have died. Placing him in custody immediately and searching him right away is safer for everyone, including the cops.

Third. Cameras. Use the cameras. Use them. Study and show how the job can be done better. Better meaning safer for everyone. Strive to help the cops learn more all the time.

When the cameras were first introduced the initial study indicated that there was a more than 50% reduction in use of force incidents. The police claimed this was because the people were afraid of the cameras. The proponents of the cameras argued the cops behaved better on camera. I don’t care. I want the reduction and the video proof of what happened and who did what. It is the only way to get the truth.

Fourth. The Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights needs to be abolished. If the same laws that govern how every other individual is investigated are not fair for cops how are they fair for anyone? I’m not saying strip them of their Constitutional rights. I’m saying the cops don’t deserve special additional rights.

Finally. Accountability. We have to hold the police accountable. As an example. Chauvin had more than two dozen complaints. Many of them were upheld. In other words. He did the thing that he was accused of. Excessive force. He had multiple upheld complaints. But nothing was ever done to rectify the situation.

Imagine for a moment. Chauvin had been properly disciplined and received additional training to correct his behavior early on. If he continues to behave in that way, fire him. Because you don’t need someone who won’t play by the rules on your team.

If he wouldn’t change, he should have been fired. Instead he at most got a reprimand. A slap on the wrist while getting a pat on the back. Because the other cops thought he was doing a great job.

You have to be serious about upholding the standards. You have to be firm and fair in the implementation of the rules and requirements.

In Chauvin’s case, they swept it under the rug. And he never learned the lesson. If he had. Floyd might still be dead, but Chauvin wouldn’t be in prison. But because nobody got serious with holding Chauvin accountable, and his fellow cops cheered him and his behavior. It became habit. It worked out before, why not keep doing it? Instead of helping Chauvin, those folks all set him up for the big fall. And now Chauvin is spending what is almost certainly the rest of his life in prison.

Ok. First. We have polygraph testing for police. In order to maintain their powers as police they go on the box every six months. There they have to pass with simple questions. Have you planted evidence. Have you seen anyone plant evidence. Have you lied on a report. Have you seen anyone.

If you can’t pass the test you aren’t arrested, but you aren’t headed out with a badge and gun. This will identify corrupt and abusive police within the shortest possible time. And in time it will make the police like the old Ivory soap commercial. 99 44/100% pure.

Bad cops would not be able to hide. Expecting Jake to lose his job to protect you is too much. Jake will tell on you because if Jake doesn’t at the very next time on the polygraph Jake knows he will be caught and out of a job.

Before you argue that is insane. We do it to people with Top Secret Clearances. They get put on the box. And isn’t it the Law and Order types who always argue that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear?

Second. Actual investigations into use of force. Aircraft investigations examine every detail of every incident. This allows every facet to be known and every lesson to be learned. This helps prevent further errors in the future.

An example.

Now. From the time the suspect pulled the weapon I have zero issue with the police. They were danger close and believed the weapon was real. It was a justified shooting in my mind.

However. Lessons to be learned are far beyond that single part. They had the suspect contained in a well lit area. He was under control. Why not take him into custody then? Why not cuff and search him then? The entire shooting could have been avoided. Removing the suspect from a well lit area to a dark parking lot isn’t the smartest thing we’ve seen done.

There are a lot of lessons to be learned from every incident. But we have to want to learn them. If the pistol had been real both cops could have died. Placing him in custody immediately and searching him right away is safer for everyone, including the cops.

Third. Cameras. Use the cameras. Use them. Study and show how the job can be done better. Better meaning safer for everyone. Strive to help the cops learn more all the time.

When the cameras were first introduced the initial study indicated that there was a more than 50% reduction in use of force incidents. The police claimed this was because the people were afraid of the cameras. The proponents of the cameras argued the cops behaved better on camera. I don’t care. I want the reduction and the video proof of what happened and who did what. It is the only way to get the truth.

Fourth. The Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights needs to be abolished. If the same laws that govern how every other individual is investigated are not fair for cops how are they fair for anyone? I’m not saying strip them of their Constitutional rights. I’m saying the cops don’t deserve special additional rights.

Finally. Accountability. We have to hold the police accountable. As an example. Chauvin had more than two dozen complaints. Many of them were upheld. In other words. He did the thing that he was accused of. Excessive force. He had multiple upheld complaints. But nothing was ever done to rectify the situation.

Imagine for a moment. Chauvin had been properly disciplined and received additional training to correct his behavior early on. If he continues to behave in that way, fire him. Because you don’t need someone who won’t play by the rules on your team.

If he wouldn’t change, he should have been fired. Instead he at most got a reprimand. A slap on the wrist while getting a pat on the back. Because the other cops thought he was doing a great job.

You have to be serious about upholding the standards. You have to be firm and fair in the implementation of the rules and requirements.

In Chauvin’s case, they swept it under the rug. And he never learned the lesson. If he had. Floyd might still be dead, but Chauvin wouldn’t be in prison. But because nobody got serious with holding Chauvin accountable, and his fellow cops cheered him and his behavior. It became habit. It worked out before, why not keep doing it? Instead of helping Chauvin, those folks all set him up for the big fall. And now Chauvin is spending what is almost certainly the rest of his life in prison.

I can agree with most of that except that none of us can judge what happened to Floyd because we were not there.

I know there is one poster who believes he knows the exact moment of Floyd's death, and as long as that kind of idiocy is allowed to flourish, there is no point in discussion.

I can agree with most of that except that none of us can judge what happened to Floyd because we were not there.

I know there is one poster who believes he knows the exact moment of Floyd's death, and as long as that kind of idiocy is allowed to flourish, there is no point in discussion.

so why imfairly imprission a cop just to make blacks happy. we all know trial was unfair to him.

The official coroner's report showed that Floyd died from the massive Fentanyl dose he swallowed coupled with preexisting cardiovascular problems. There was no evidence of any serious let alone potentially fatal physical injuries from Chauvin kneeling on the back of his neck. A technique that the Minneapolis PD taught and is used in many places outside of Minneapolis.

The official coroner's report showed that Floyd died from the massive Fentanyl dose he swallowed coupled with preexisting cardiovascular problems. There was no evidence of any serious let alone potentially fatal physical injuries from Chauvin kneeling on the back of his neck. A technique that the Minneapolis PD taught and is used in many places outside of Minneapolis.

also heart attack clogged heart

Forum List

Back