5 Memphis Police Officers Fired After Suspect Dies

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
I wonder how the national media will cover this one.

This could be interesting.

Five Memphis Police officers who were involved in the arrest of a 29-year-old suspect who died, have been fired amid growing unrest in the city, radio station KWAM NewsTalk Memphis reports.

Tyre Nichols had been pulled over by officers on Jan.7 and the police department said there had been some sort of confrontation. Nichols ran away, but was later arrested and another confrontation occurred.

The 29-year-old then complained of shortness of breath and was taken to the hospital. He died three days later.

Investigators have yet to reveal any details of the traffic stop – including why Nichols ran away from police.

His family posted a photograph showing Nichols with a badly beaten and disfigured face. He had also been intubated. Many citizens were horrified by the extent of injuries the young man had sustained.

Police Chief C.J. Davis announced Friday night that the five officers involved in the arrest of Nichols had violated multiple department policies including excessive use of force, duty to intervene and duty to render aid.

“Earlier today, each officer charged was terminated from the Memphis Police Department,” the police chief said.

Screen-Shot-2023-01-20-at-8.00.57-PM-1180x985.png

Here is where the media is covering this.

5 Memphis officers fired after death of man who was hospitalized after his arrest | CNN

5 Memphis Officers Fired Over Traffic Stop That Turned Deadly

5 Memphis police officers fired after traffic stop leads to hospitalization, death of Tyre Nichols

Five Memphis Officers Fired After Using 'Excessive Force' in Arrest That Led to Man's Death

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/01/20/tyre-nichols-memphis-police-fired/

Do I need to continue as I can. So we can dismiss that.

Now protests are being held but there is no need for violence yet. The officers were fired, not had excuses made for them. While I can not understand why it takes so long, charges are being investigated.

While still too slow, you do not have to get violent when the right thing is done. Violence happened before because things like this would be covered up and excuses made for it with no one held accountable in the past.

Do I need to continue as I can. So we can dismiss that.

LOL No one said it wasn't reported on, but we know this story won't get the massive national around-the-clock MSM coverage had the cops been White or Asian and will soon disappear unless something extraordinary happens.

Forum List

Back