5,000-year-old "nativity scene" reportedly found in Egypt

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
3,000 years before the christian man god story

wooooopsie !!

Italian researchers may have discovered the oldest nativity scene ever found, predating Christian nativity art by about three millennia, according to the travel and exploration website Seeker.

The rock painting depicts a newborn between parents, a star in the east, and two animals. It was discovered on the ceiling of a small cavity in the Egyptian Sahara desert, Seeker reported. Researchers believe it dates to the Neolithic or Stone Age.

“It’s a very evocative scene which indeed resembles the Christmas nativity. But it predates it by some 3,000 years,” geologist Marco Morelli, director of the Museum of Planetary Sciences in Prato, Italy, told Seeker. The site reports that Morelli and his team discovered the rock art in 2005, but only now are revealing their findings under the title “Cave of the Parents.”

5,000-year-old "nativity scene," predating Christ, reportedly found in Egypt - CBS News

Last edited:
You can't have religion without having faith, or the belief you actually believe shit someone has passed down the line for two thousand years..It's really just a social club for the congregationalist humans...Of course I prefer bowling..

Maggis are forbidden (Deut) so they lose with that point.
This Nativity can go with the 700bc Assyrian Tablet Bel's death scene they found.
now in the British
Museum in which the Babylonian myth of Bel (Baal in
Hebrew) is described in a passion play in which:
(1) Bel is taken prisoner;
(2) Bel is tried in a great hall;
(3) Bel is smitten;
(4) Bel is led away to the Mount (a sacred grove on a
hilltop);
(5) with Bel are taken two malefactors, one of whom is
released;
(6) After Bel has gone to the Mount and is executed,
the city breaks into tumult;
(7) Bel's clothes are carried away;
(8.) Bel goes down into the Mount and disappears from
life;
(9) weeping women seek Bel at the Tomb;
(10) Bel is brought back to life.

• Banned
Where were the fucking Magi dude...no magi...no match. GFY.
yea following a star to a point on earth, how insane is that!

unless you were an ignorant savage who believed stars were lights near earth

How do you "follow a star?"

Guno AntiGodist is celebrating his soured soul tonight.

Leave him to his dregs, hmmm OK.

Give it a rest Jake. It IS a message board, the purpose of which is to state opinions. The ad homs aren't necessary or helpful.

Its also damn tiresome to read the elitist, self-righteous, holier-than-thou SSDD from you "godists".

wooooopsie !!

Italian researchers may have discovered the oldest nativity scene ever found, predating Christian nativity art by about three millennia, according to the travel and exploration website Seeker.

The rock painting depicts a newborn between parents, a star in the east, and two animals. It was discovered on the ceiling of a small cavity in the Egyptian Sahara desert, Seeker reported. Researchers believe it dates to the Neolithic or Stone Age.

“It’s a very evocative scene which indeed resembles the Christmas nativity. But it predates it by some 3,000 years,” geologist Marco Morelli, director of the Museum of Planetary Sciences in Prato, Italy, told Seeker. The site reports that Morelli and his team discovered the rock art in 2005, but only now are revealing their findings under the title “Cave of the Parents.”

5,000-year-old "nativity scene," predating Christ, reportedly found in Egypt - CBS News

From your link....

WTF, guno?

upload_2016-12-24_19-21-15.jpeg

Give it a rest Jake. It IS a message board, the purpose of which is to state opinions. The ad homs aren't necessary or helpful.

Its also damn tiresome to read the elitist, self-righteous, holier-than-thou SSDD from you "godists".
And I have a right to put a verbal boot up his AntiGodist butt when he wants to agitate on Christmas Eve.

I have no trouble with atheists generally, as you well know. But I will not tolerate self-righteous, deity hating trash. Simple as that, kid.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

The "star" was an angel. A moving light in the sky. How else would humans describe such a sighting?

Ever see a helicopter at night with that spotlight? A "primitive" would describe that moving light as the brightest star he'd ever seen.

wooooopsie !!

Yep, the Christians stole virgin birth from the Egyptians and Christmas from the Pagan celebration of Winter Solstice.

The "star" was an angel. A moving light in the sky. How else would humans describe such a sighting?

Ever see a helicopter at night with that spotlight? A "primitive" would describe that moving light as the brightest star he'd ever seen.

Malakh (angel) simply means messenger reflections of- Rabbis and prophets mere men are deemed angels(Malakhs) in Judaic tradition.
To anthropromorphize the mere word is also stolen mythology from Egyptians with their winged beings and rays of light between the sun and the earth is Luciferous teachings. Ezekiel warns of this false soul flying nonsense.

wooooopsie !!

Yep, the Christians stole virgin birth from the Egyptians and Christmas from the Pagan celebration of Winter Solstice.
Some have indeed argued that.

Great observation. Some Christian theologians would agree with you.

This is what the Bible says about the mysterious star of Bethlehem:

“Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy” (Matthew 2:7:10)

According to the cited verses, the star stood over where the young child was thus enabling the wise men to find Jesus. Now I don’t know about anyone else, but when I look at Venus or any other star I can’t tell which house it is standing over; in fact, I can’t tell which city it is standing over! It is impossible for any conventional star to identify a single house from its position in the sky. Besides, stars do not move to lead men and then stand still to point out a particular location.

Sometime ago, someone actually calculated how tiny and how close a light (star) would have to be to stand over a particular house. I cannot recall specifically how close the light would have to be but I do remember that anything defined as a star would certainly not qualify. The star of Bethlehem could not have been a common star, but had to have been a special light source which appeared at that time and for that purpose and had not been seen before nor since.

There is another possibility when the word “star” is carefully examined in light of Biblical interpretation rather than traditional definitions. Some Christian theologians and commentators believe that the word “star” did not always mean the massive, glowing remote body that we call stars today; rather they contend the word "star" as used in Matthew meant “angel.” If you have Ronald Weinland’s free books, you will find that he agrees that the word “star” as used in Matthew should be interpreted to mean "angel". This is what Mr. Weinland says:

“In prophecy, stars are symbolic of angels. One simple example of a star that is misinterpreted by the world of traditional Christianity is the one the led the wise men to Bethlehem, where the Messiah was born. Traditional Christianity pictures this as a literal star over the little town of Bethlehem. Yet, most people do not know that it wasn’t a literal star in the heavens, but an angel that directed them where to go” (2008 Gods Final Witness, Page 122).

There is at least some scriptural basis for Weinland's assertion that the purported Star of Bethlehem was a heavenly being (angel):

“And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit” (Revelation 9:1-2, KJV).

In the quoted verse, the star is identified as “him” and “he”, clearly indicating that the star is a living being that came from heaven to earth. An angel. perhaps?

Just giving you fine folks something to think about.

Edited to add: Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

Great observation. Some Christian theologians would agree with you.

This is what the Bible says about the mysterious star of Bethlehem:

“Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy” (Matthew 2:7:10)

According to the cited verses, the star stood over where the young child was thus enabling the wise men to find Jesus. Now I don’t know about anyone else, but when I look at Venus or any other star I can’t tell which house it is standing over; in fact, I can’t tell which city it is standing over! It is impossible for any conventional star to identify a single house from its position in the sky. Besides, stars do not move to lead men and then stand still to point out a particular location.

Sometime ago, someone actually calculated how tiny and how close a light (star) would have to be to stand over a particular house. I cannot recall specifically how close the light would have to be but I do remember that anything defined as a star would certainly not qualify. The star of Bethlehem could not have been a common star, but had to have been a special light source which appeared at that time and for that purpose and had not been seen before nor since.

There is another possibility when the word “star” is carefully examined in light of Biblical interpretation rather than traditional definitions. Some Christian theologians and commentators believe that the word “star” did not always mean the massive, glowing remote body that we call stars today; rather they contend the word "star" as used in Matthew meant “angel.” If you have Ronald Weinland’s free books, you will find that he agrees that the word “star” as used in Matthew should be interpreted to mean "angel". This is what Mr. Weinland says:

“In prophecy, stars are symbolic of angels. One simple example of a star that is misinterpreted by the world of traditional Christianity is the one the led the wise men to Bethlehem, where the Messiah was born. Traditional Christianity pictures this as a literal star over the little town of Bethlehem. Yet, most people do not know that it wasn’t a literal star in the heavens, but an angel that directed them where to go” (2008 Gods Final Witness, Page 122).

There is at least some scriptural basis for Weinland's assertion that the purported Star of Bethlehem was a heavenly being (angel):

“And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit” (Revelation 9:1-2, KJV).

In the quoted verse, the star is identified as “him” and “he”, clearly indicated that the star is a living being that came from heaven to earth. An angel. perhaps?

Just giving you fine folks something to think about.

Edited to add: Merry Christmas.

Problem with this story is, King Herod died in 4bc so to weasle out of excuses they turned the birthdate back to 6bc even though that still misses the 7bc census and Lysanias account who died in 35bc.
There's at least 3-4 characters used to create the Luciferous Image called Jesus along with other cultures mythologies and Bible plagiarisms.

Forum List

Back