48%: The Democratic Party needs to face an ugly reality

Gore got more votes in the country and he probably got more in Florida.
Bush stole the election.

Go away now...

That's not what your very own Commie Tribune stated. Hey.....I not only provided a source from your side of the fence, but from your very own city.

As always, Joe (I don't read links) refuses to face the truth. So let me break it down with no links.

The law in Florida at the time was all ballots need to be counted and certified within 7 days. If you want a recount, fine. Recount and have the ballots here in 7 days. The Gore judges said we don't care about the law. We're going to make one of our own on the bench. It's called the Al Gore law. Gore gets to take all the time he needs to find enough ballots to beat Bush. When it got to the Supreme Court, they were totally bewildered. They sent the decision back to the Florida judge asking for his explanation of judicial legislation. He knew he was wrong, broke the law, and never responded.

That is not stealing an election. That is stopping somebody from trying to steal an election.

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

This should be a learning experience, but I'm doubtful.
A win is a win. But yeah...both parties are losing ground and hopefully a sensible centrist 3rd party will emerge.

We have a binary system.
We haven't always had one...

No, but then we gravitated toward one. It's almost like people prefer it, or something.

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

A win is a win. But yeah...both parties are losing ground and hopefully a sensible centrist 3rd party will emerge.

We have a binary system.

When?

Your proof that we don't have a binary system is the 1968 Presidential Election where Democrat George Wallace ran as an independent and received zero electoral votes?

Real proof would require her to know history, and leftists are allergic to actual history.

I don't see this happening until we change the election system. The two party nonsense thrives on division. The parties define themselves in opposition. They focus solely on our disagreements, and disregard that fact that we're all on the same side.
“They focus solely on our disagreements, and disregard that fact that we're all on the same side.”
The sentiment is noble but you have lost touch if you honestly believe “we’re all on the same side”.

If we faced a genuine outside threat, we'd be reminded of this. And I think that's actually part of the problem. The US has had the luxury, for over fifty years, of facing no genuine threat from outside. So instead, we fight with each other. It's dumb. We need to wake up, because if we keep at it, we'll find ourselves in such a hole that outsides threats will be a real problem.

I agree, Americans are spoiled. In my opinion, that is why we have so many Democratic voters.

It also explains why mega-cities are Democrat strongholds. The people who live in such places are utterly divorced from the realities of providing for their own survival.

We have a binary system.

When?

Your proof that we don't have a binary system is the 1968 Presidential Election where Democrat George Wallace ran as an independent and received zero electoral votes?

Real proof would require her to know history, and leftists are allergic to actual history.

I am going to admit that I was slightly wrong
Democrat George Wallace did win 5 racist Southern Stares - I misstated that part.

Certainly not a 3rd party though.

We have a binary system.

No, but then we gravitated toward one. It's almost like people prefer it, or something.

Wow, a post without profanity. Shocking.

Its human nature that breaks down choices to two major categories/options.

We have a binary system.

When?

A third Party got a serious amount of electoral votes. That's actual history.

George Wallace won 46 electoral votes in 68. Libertarian party popular vote counts do real well. John Anderson made an impact .Ross Perot got 19 million votes but no electoral votes. There is viable third party support out there. It just need to get organized.

There is not
What if a 3rd party person won, how would they be able to Govern
Who would they work with?

3rd party people do not think this through - for the most part that are simply against the status quo
even though it has worked longer and better than any Democratic system in history.

We have a binary system.

When?

A third Party got a serious amount of electoral votes. That's actual history.

No

We have a binary system.

When?

Democrat George Wallace did win 5 racist Southern Stares - I misstated that part.

Yet he over 100K votes in 24 states... That would indicate that the Party was on the ballot in those states. The Party was on the ballot in all 50 states apparently. Pretty much a political party.

The party based on hate, division, and racism failed. If the blob tries to create one, it will fail for the same reason.

We have a binary system.

When?

Yet he over 100K votes in 24 states... That would indicate that the Party was on the ballot in those states. The Party was on the ballot in all 50 states apparently. Pretty much a political party.

The party based on hate, division, and racism failed. If the blob tries to create one, it will fail for the same reason.

Democrats are the party of hate.
Democrat Wallace was literally the personification of Racist Hate -
Government school has failed you to a point that you can't be saved.

For A third party to be effective it would need to run not just a presidential candidate, but a full slate of candidates for all offices. That would push one of the major parties out of power. That's how the Republicans came to power by pushing out the Whigs .

For A third party to be effective it would need to run not just a presidential candidate, but a full slate of candidates for all offices. That would push one of the major parties out of power. That's how the Republicans came to power by pushing out the Whigs .
That doesn't matter that much. Libertarians have been doing that for decades. The lesser-of-two-evils stupidity makes it irrelevant.

That is the way.
They won't do that.

Not really. The only way for a third party to ever be successful in this country is if both parties piss off their constituents at the same time.

Not really. The only way for a third party to ever be successful in this country is if both parties piss off their constituents at the same time.

Prolly not going yo happen
BubbleCultist Democrats are literally too stupid to know when they should be pissed off.

Prolly not going yo happen
BubbleCultist Democrats are literally too stupid to know when they should be pissed off.
Democrats started the wildfires too.
I guess it's good to have a boogeyman.

Ray . From what I'm seeing and hearing that may be happening now. Here in Florida politics there's 'a saying .When both parties have no one else to attack, they will turn inward and eat there own. That seems to be starting to happen..

Forum List

Back