43 years ago, i started work at $2.10 an hour, when i finally retired my wages were over $115,000 an hour plus benefits. Prog slaves wont learn.

After high school i went to work at McD's at $2.10 an hour while going to the University of Cincinnati. After 6 months i realized that college wasnt for me, so i tried to get a full time job, but McD's only had part timers, of my age. I went to work at Bill Knapp's as a short order Chef again making $2.10 an hour but after i was certified to work the whole kitchen i got a 15 cent raise and was able to work alone during off peak hours. Then 6 months later the wonderful government decided that minimum wage should be $2.25 an hour so i was working entry level wages again, even though i had the responsibility to be alone, while entry had to have supervision. Thanks Progressives. So i left Bill Knapp's and went into the military where i could fix jets. Spent 9 /12 years there, learning all i could about A-10s and F-15s, and when i got out, had to go back to making 10 cents above minimum wage, but at Home Depot, a stock clerk. This is where i learned about investing in stocks, and since HD was going for 35 dollars a share(after all the splits the cost value is under a dollar), i put in the max contributions , while the dividends were only paying 16 cents per share. Then the break i had been waiting for happened. A job opening in Saudi Arabia working the Royal Saudi AF F-15s base pay was $12 an hour with $6 cost of living allowance plus contract bonus complete award of $7,000 and 2 paid vacations($10,000 per family to use or put in the bank). So every year for 5 1/2 years i continued to purchase HD stock, also contribute to McDonnell Douglas stock(which got bought out by Boeing). Today i have over 35,000 shards of HD, and plenty of other dividend paying stocks. Why, because i took risks, with risks come rewards(and sometime failures), those who dont take a risk, mostly live paycheck to paycheck, live moderately in lifestyle, and those i respect, but the progressive slave who bitches and moans that their lives were made victim because someone like me took their shit away, are just that, slaves to their progressive masters. That is a little history that i share. I have had plenty of people go and take a risk, and they have been rewarded. Those that didnt listen, are still slaves..

But you should share that with those victims of racism, you know, just to be fair.

Think of those poor people that didn't want to take risk are now suffering and here you have so much. The government should take your money and give it to the welfare queens.

I do OK in my retirement but it could have been much sweeter. I once transferred my entire 401K into Lockheed Martin stock when it fell to about $16/share. Within the next week it rose to higher levels and I bailed out with a nice $50K profit. However, it continued to rise and instead of making $50K I could have made a couple of million.

I don't think it is fair that you took risk and made money while I took minimal risk and only made a little bit. You should do the right thing and give me some of your money. Better yet the government should steal it from you and give it to me. You know, so that we can be more equal.

What Jim is saying is if you focus on your "wage" you will always be a slave to your paycheck which is 100% true. Unless you run your own business, you have to invest and take risks to become financially independent.
I always wanted to run my own business and after running other people's started my own because I wanted to earn more and not have to pee to get and keep a job...
LoL I never heard anyone say they started their own company to avoid taking a drug test, but hey whatever it takes!

What Jim is saying is if you focus on your "wage" you will always be a slave to your paycheck which is 100% true. Unless you run your own business, you have to invest and take risks to become financially independent.
I always wanted to run my own business and after running other people's started my own because I wanted to earn more and not have to pee to get and keep a job...
LoL I never heard anyone say they started their own company to avoid taking a drug test, but hey whatever it takes!

I know such a person. Probably others but they have never stated it out loud. I can only assume he has been successful which to me shows a pee test is not always necessary.

Whine much?

Well that was whiny.
You'd think he'd be happy what with all that dough, but no, he seems bitter and haggard from looking down his nose at people....
I am bitter because dumbasses like you , want the federal government to steal from me, so you lazy ass can smoke dope and be a shit slave..

After high school i went to work at McD's at $2.10 an hour while going to the University of Cincinnati. After 6 months i realized that college wasnt for me, so i tried to get a full time job, but McD's only had part timers, of my age. I went to work at Bill Knapp's as a short order Chef again making $2.10 an hour but after i was certified to work the whole kitchen i got a 15 cent raise and was able to work alone during off peak hours. Then 6 months later the wonderful government decided that minimum wage should be $2.25 an hour so i was working entry level wages again, even though i had the responsibility to be alone, while entry had to have supervision. Thanks Progressives. So i left Bill Knapp's and went into the military where i could fix jets. Spent 9 /12 years there, learning all i could about A-10s and F-15s, and when i got out, had to go back to making 10 cents above minimum wage, but at Home Depot, a stock clerk. This is where i learned about investing in stocks, and since HD was going for 35 dollars a share(after all the splits the cost value is under a dollar), i put in the max contributions , while the dividends were only paying 16 cents per share. Then the break i had been waiting for happened. A job opening in Saudi Arabia working the Royal Saudi AF F-15s base pay was $12 an hour with $6 cost of living allowance plus contract bonus complete award of $7,000 and 2 paid vacations($10,000 per family to use or put in the bank). So every year for 5 1/2 years i continued to purchase HD stock, also contribute to McDonnell Douglas stock(which got bought out by Boeing). Today i have over 35,000 shards of HD, and plenty of other dividend paying stocks. Why, because i took risks, with risks come rewards(and sometime failures), those who dont take a risk, mostly live paycheck to paycheck, live moderately in lifestyle, and those i respect, but the progressive slave who bitches and moans that their lives were made victim because someone like me took their shit away, are just that, slaves to their progressive masters. That is a little history that i share. I have had plenty of people go and take a risk, and they have been rewarded. Those that didnt listen, are still slaves..

First, the minimum wage was never 2.25/hr.

And what has ANY of this to do with "prog slaves?"

When I started work my first job was 1.60. i was 13 and lied about my age.
I did the Navy THEN went to college.
And, SO?
What's it got to do with PROG?
I worked and invested and I will be able to retire comfortably.
So what has this to do with PROG?

Some of the most talented investors in the world are Progressives?
And have you checked your fellow Trumpinistas? not much money in buying pillows and trump hats.
So, again, what has any of this to do with PROG?

When you made 2.25 did you do any investing?

Hmm. Maybe that's the answer. Raise wages.

Thanks

So you credit the Government with teaching you the skills to get out of a minimum wage job
There is a difference in having the government(Shit stain politicians who give welfare) and military(which you shit stains hate) where you learn valuable skills and knowledge but also discipline, which a prog slave never learns. So fuck off winger....

And, SO?

And have you checked your fellow Trumpinistas? not much money in buying pillows and trump hats.

Thanks
When i was working for minimum wage at Home Depot , if you would of read, i was putting in my max donations in the HD stock. Want to play again,, dumbass....

So you credit the Government with teaching you the skills to get out of a minimum wage job
There is a difference in having the government(Shit stain politicians who give welfare) and military(which you shit stains hate) where you learn valuable skills and knowledge but also discipline, which a prog slave never learns. So fuck off winger....
Guess what
Same people paying the bill

Military is taxpayer funded

And, SO?

Thanks
When i was working for minimum wage at Home Depot , if you would of read, i was putting in my max donations in the HD stock. Want to play again,, dumbass....
You do realize there are other stocks?

The minimum wage increased to $2.00 an hour in 1974, $2.10 in 1975, and $2.30 in 1976 for all except farm workers, whose minimum initially rose to $1.60. Parity with nonfarm workers was reached at $2.30 with the 1977 amendments.

History of Changes to the Minimum Wage Law | U.S ...

www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wage/history

Okay, i stand corrected, you are right it wasnt $2.25 but $2.30 cents an hour but still, when i was 1 year into work, and got a raise to $2.30 an hour i was again entry level, instead of being paid for my experience. But it is okay, i understand petulant little girls like you, because you hate people who took the risk to acquire wealth in their journey through life.

A progressive slave will always be a slave....they dont have the brain capacity to think on their own..

Guess what
Same people paying the bill

Military is taxpayer funded
Ooohhh,, to be a free nation, you have to pay some people to keep that nation free, unlike people like you who want to destroy this nation...

The estimated aggregate cost of the War on Poverty is nearly $28 trillion, which is three and a half times higher than the $8 trillion total price tag of every major war since the American Revolution.

It’s Time to Admit the Feds Are Making Poverty Worse—Not ...

www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=11707

The minimum wage increased to $2.00 an hour in 1974, $2.10 in 1975, and $2.30 in 1976 for all except farm workers, whose minimum initially rose to $1.60. Parity with nonfarm workers was reached at $2.30 with the 1977 amendments.

Okay, i stand corrected, you are right it wasnt $2.25 but $2.30 cents an hour but still, when i was 1 year into work, and got a raise to $2.30 an hour i was again entry level, instead of being paid for my experience. But it is okay, i understand petulant little girls like you, because you hate people who took the risk to acquire wealth in their journey through life.

A progressive slave will always be a slave....they dont have the brain capacity to think on their own..

You stated you made $2.10 43 years ago. 43 years ago would be 1978. In 1978 the minimum wage was $2.65.

But you should share that with those victims of racism, you know, just to be fair.

Think of those poor people that didn't want to take risk are now suffering and here you have so much. The government should take your money and give it to the welfare queens.

I do OK in my retirement but it could have been much sweeter. I once transferred my entire 401K into Lockheed Martin stock when it fell to about $16/share. Within the next week it rose to higher levels and I bailed out with a nice $50K profit. However, it continued to rise and instead of making $50K I could have made a couple of million.

I don't think it is fair that you took risk and made money while I took minimal risk and only made a little bit. You should do the right thing and give me some of your money. Better yet the government should steal it from you and give it to me. You know, so that we can be more equal.
By the way, i give to the Fisher House, because the families of injured soldiers can be with their loved ones, without having financial hardships living near the military hospitals. I know my money is well spent while i know the money stolen from me goes to slum lords and druggies, so those guys will vote for their Democrap masters..

quote-i-have-never-understood-why-it-is-greed-to-want-to-keep-the-money-you-have-earned-but-th...jpg

the estimated aggregate cost of the War on Poverty is nearly $28 trillion, which is three and a half times higher than the $8 trillion total price tag of every major war since the American Revolution.

Social programs help AMERICANS. Feed them, house them, provide medical care.

Money spent on the military helps other nations.
We haven’t had a war in our country in 150 years

You stated you made $2.10 43 years ago. 43 years ago would be 1978. In 1978 the minimum wage was $2.65.
Okay let me try again, and see if i can get my years straight. I went to college in 1976 was working at McDonalds at minimum wage, okay thanks for pointing out my error.

the estimated aggregate cost of the War on Poverty is nearly $28 trillion, which is three and a half times higher than the $8 trillion total price tag of every major war since the American Revolution.

Social programs help AMERICANS. Feed them, house them, provide medical care.

Money spent on the military helps other nations.
We haven’t had a war in our country in 150 years
Social programs keep people from working and paying taxes, why dont poor people pay taxes? Arent they supposed to pay their fair share?

After high school i went to work at McD's at $2.10 an hour while going to the University of Cincinnati. After 6 months i realized that college wasnt for me, so i tried to get a full time job, but McD's only had part timers, of my age. I went to work at Bill Knapp's as a short order Chef again making $2.10 an hour

Talk about living high on the hog! $2.10 an hour! Must have been nice. I think it was the SECOND job I got that I was making a mere $1.85 an hour. The job before that, my first I think, was running a trash vacuum at a county fair, it was a temp job, I don't remember what that paid.

Okay let me try again, and see if i can get my years straight. I went to college in 1976 was working at McDonalds at minimum wage, okay thanks for pointing out my error.

OK, now that we have the numbers more correct we have to move on to actually making a valid point.

43 years ago, i started work at $2.10 an hour, when i finally retired my wages were over $115,000 an hour plus benefits.​

I call BULLSHIT

$115,000 an hour equates to $240 million a year

Forum List

Back